Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romula)
    Because people are essentially the same as wolves.
    Same with a lot animals, and we did evolve from apes, so not far off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Men are smarter, stronger, better planners, more emotionally resilient, better leaders, etc. Most of these statements are all thoroughly supported in the scientific literature, and it is sad that people are so brainwashed these days that science has to be quoted for such a truism.

Women have evolved to be supporters.

Telling women they are equal to men and then forcing them to act like men is the reason that they are the unhappiest since records began. Feminism and equalism has made women the unhappiest they have ever been.

Then again, I get the impression that many women would rather be unhappy, single and miserable "Because equality!!!!!" than submissive, married and happy. They are welcome to compete in the harsh world, but they should receive no special treatment.
    Spitting pure unadulterated truth. GG

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Equal but different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    Same with a lot animals, and we did evolve from apes, so not far off.
    Hang on, hang on- we evolved from apes, so our psychology is not that far off that of wolves? Can you hear yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romula)
    Hang on, hang on- we evolved from apes, so our psychology is not that far off that of wolves? Can you hear yourself?
    We're basically bananas as well. Now be quiet woman.

ReputationRep:
    We're basically bananas as well. Now be quiet woman.
    If this is your attitude, your girlfriend must be one hell of a desperate woman.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are equal politically and legally but in reality, not. I think there's still a lot of unfair discrimination and attitudes to women are still pretty misogynistic, as people on this thread prove.

I do not believe men and women are equal biologically and socially, though and I'm not so sure they should be either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    If this is your attitude, your girlfriend must be one hell of a desperate woman.
    She like most women knows being born male is an advantage. Better job prospects and generally more dominant, that's just the way it is. Unless you're a good looking gal and you have a nice rack, then you can easily get a job.

ReputationRep:
    Developed countries - yes! I'd say we are doing pretty well
    Developing- not so much. Self centred people only care about themselves in this day and would rather sit on the computer complaining about how they hate the opost gender because no women is attracted to them or because they think they deserve so much from their boyfriend simply for being a woman. It's messed up. We're all selfish, we should all be raising awareness for all the men and women who REALLY need our help to fight equality in their country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CAElite)
    Yes. Equal but different.
    Yes! Defenitly. We are all capable of so much no matter what is underneath our clothes. But both genders use differences against one another which is WRONG. Men are more likely to use their strength against women. Women use their beauty and bodies against men.

ReputationRep:
    She like most women knows being born male is an advantage. Better job prospects and generally more dominant, that's just the way it is. Unless you're a good looking gal and you have a nice rack, then you can easily get a job.
    And this is why feminism should exist. This is absolutely ****ing disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    equal in what way ..?

ReputationRep:
    And this is why feminism should exist. This is absolutely ****ing disgusting.
    Do you not agree men are more physically dominant than women? Maybe you're mad because you're not good looking enough to get a good job.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not agree men are more physically dominant than women? Maybe you're mad because you're not good looking enough to get a good job.
    That was not the point I was referring to and you don't even know what I look like so...

It's ****ing disgusting that appearance gets you a job anyway unless it's modelling or something similar in nature.

ReputationRep:
    Being more PHYSICALLY stronger doesn't get you everywhere in life. Plenty dominant women and men in the world. Having them characteristics doesn't make you a good person though. It makes you a ****ty, intimidating manipulative person that doesn't get you far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannonm25)
    Being more PHYSICALLY stronger doesn't get you everywhere in life. Plenty dominant women and men in the world. Having them characteristics doesn't make you a good person though. It makes you a ****ty, intimidating manipulative person that doesn't get you far.
    Yesssss.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are equal politically and legally but in reality, not. I think there's still a lot of unfair discrimination and attitudes to women are still pretty misogynistic, as people on this thread prove.

I do not believe men and women are equal biologically and socially, though and I'm not so sure they should be either.
    Yes! you take the words right out my mouth, women have definetly come far, but still... men's attitude towards them are what's holding us back as a society, take this thread as an example...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculaura)
    Biologically, yes. Men and women are both human beings, but with different sexual organs so we can reproduce. That "men are stronger than women" is *******s - it's purely because how they have been brought up. Boys tend to fight more than girls as it is not "ladylike." If the tides were turned I can assure you it'd be vice versa. Everything we perceive about men and women is what we've come up with over the years of human civilisation. It doesn't state anywhere in nature that women should have long hair and wear skirts, while men have short hair and wear trousers. Nor does it say men are dominant... but that comes to the second bit.

In the eyes of society? No. Will men and women ever be perceived as equal? Probably not, but if it does happen it'll take a long time. Some men tend to think women are weak and at their disposal to use, and some women tend to think women are all-powerful and should do mass executions of the male species. But in reality, there's no difference.
    you are so delusioned its laughable, you sound like those fat acceptance women who believe beauty is a social construct which is complete horse ****.
    men are much more physically and mentally in some ways stronger than women, a man and a woman have a fight, the women would end up dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannonm25)
    Yes! you take the words right out my mouth, women have definetly come far, but still... men's attitude towards them are what's holding us back as a society, take this thread as an example...
    I really do not understand why this is hard to see... Mother's really need to do a better job at teaching their sons to respect women.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is necessarily right, it is just the way it is......If I had two women applying for a job, one was okay looking but kinda saggy, the other was fairly young with good sized tits, and assuming they both had similar qualifications, I would hire the prettier woman.
    Yes, and you are literally the epitome for why feminism is still necessary. Stop talking about women like they're yours to pick and choose between and as though they are objects. It's actually vile.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.