Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Relegation Thread 15/16 watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    They are really, really poor. You look at that side - and probably only Ayew and Ashley Williams are pulling their weight. Their decision to ship out Dyer was extremely questionable, and they can't seem to buy a goal in truth. Eder was a total waste of money, and Gomis lacks self-belief and confidence - but a relegation scrap isn't the time to get it.

Getting rid of Shelvey for £12m was good business - economically and financially - but selling one of your key players to a relegation rival? Hm. That could back-fire.
    Shelvey was pictured in the dressing room with a Budweiser after their defeat to Oxford. No wonder they got rid of him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Shelvey was pictured in the dressing room with a Budweiser after their defeat to Oxford. No wonder they got rid of him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And he met a fan in the car park to "have it out with him", reportedly. Crikey.

ReputationRep:
    4 PL defeats in a row for Watford if this stays the same. Were Newcastle to make it 5 this weekend then they'd be looking firmly over their shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    4 PL defeats in a row for Watford if this stays the same. Were Newcastle to make it 5 this weekend then they'd be looking firmly over their shoulders.
    plz no, Newcastle down you go...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    plz no, Newcastle down you go...
    Never going to happen with King Shelvey pulling the strings mate.

ReputationRep:
    Never going to happen with King Shelvey pulling the strings mate.
    but I got 7/1 on them to be relegated pre-season.... (At least Villa have done as I asked of them...well barring a miracle), they gotta bring in the coin.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Big win for Swansea tonight, but let's be fair, they've got a long way to go. Their run-in looks tough: Stoke (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Leicester (a), Liverpool (h), West Ham (a), Man City (h).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    They still need to go to Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and I don't think they've played Spurs at WHL either

Doubt they'll go down though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    They still need to go to Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and I don't think they've played Spurs at WHL either

Yeah I don't think so either but they'll be getting twitchy for sure. Probably the only team outside the bottom 6 I would consider as potential candidates.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yeah I don't think so either but they'll be getting twitchy for sure. Probably the only team outside the bottom 6 I would consider as potential candidates.
    (Original post by sr90)

Big game for them this weekend, then.

Newcastle. If McClaren's side win, that gap becomes even smaller and Flores will be even twitchier.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well I think it's safe to say Norwich are down. 1 spot left then.

ReputationRep:
    Villa absolutely confirmed, so a pre-season bet come in there.

Need Newcastle to take that third spot with Norwich for another decent return.

With Villa, Charlton & Dag and Red going down in their respective leagues, if Blackpool go down too I'll get a tasty win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Think it's safe to say that Bournemouth are already down
    Oh really?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Villa are doomed lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Villa are obviously down, but it's hard to see who will join them. Norwich is the most likely bet, and I actually think they'll finish 19th.

Then it comes down to one of Sunderland, Newcastle and Swansea. My gut says the latter two will be OK, but Borini's last-minute equaliser may be a sign of the tide turning for Allardyce.

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be one from Newcastle and Sunderland isn't it. Bottom 4 well adrift now.

Biggest NE derby of all time coming up in a couple of weeks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Huge three points for Swansea, you feel.

With Newcastle losing, and Norwich continuing to plummet, you fancy their chances of staying up. They play Norwich at the weekend, and a win will just increase that gap and make things more bleak for Alex Neil.

ReputationRep:
    As it stands, Newcastle and Norwich will be going down. McClaren and Carver have probably done the two worst managerial jobs this decade, so it's difficult to say whether a replacement manager could very feasibly keep Newcastle up. That said, Big Sam simply doesn't get relegated.

There is a good selection for potential managers out there such as Moyes, Rodgers and even the likes of Nigel Pearson, which makes it even more bizarre that McClaren hasn't been sacked. It does make the idiot Newcastle fans look even more silly when they thought they were too good for Pardew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    As it stands, Newcastle and Norwich will be going down. McClaren and Carver have probably done the two worst managerial jobs this decade, so it's difficult to say whether a replacement manager could very feasibly keep Newcastle up. That said, Big Sam simply doesn't get relegated.

There is a good selection for potential managers out there such as Moyes, Rodgers and even the likes of Nigel Pearson, which makes it even more bizarre that McClaren hasn't been sacked. It does make the idiot Newcastle fans look even more silly when they thought they were too good for Pardew.
    How's Pardew doing right now? Oh right...

You know **** all of the situation with Pardew if you think we weren't too good for him. He's a man who headbutt opposition players, directly blamed the fans or 'the science' for losses, a man who started an almost unheard of trend for Newcastle to start losing derbies, he couldn't win a cup game and didn't even try etc etc.

Alan Pardew, along with Ashley, Charnley and Carr is partly the reason we're in this mess. He started this horrific, couldn't give a **** if we lose mentality. Newcastle fans quite rightly wanted him out, it's just a testimony to how badly managed our club is that firstly his assistant was given too much time at the helm then McLaren was given the job despite ****ing up with Derby.

When Pardew walked out (for a big pay day no less) we were linked to Tuchel, and there's reports he wanted to come. Were linked to Benitez now despite the fact were essentially down. These are the kind of managers we can attract. Pardew isn't a good enough manager, McLaren clearly isn't a good enough manager,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Norwich are down for sure - and I'm pretty sure Newcastle will join them. This Johnson case and the departure of board officials could upset the apple cart at Sunderland, though, admittedly.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.