Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul353535)
    I'm not under-valuing black males.

I'm explaining racism. if I told you that you are stupid, that's not going bother you that much, but if i could convince everyone you come into contact with, that you are stupid, whether you are stupid or not, the fact that I have convinced everyone, is going to have an effect on your life.

You are confusing my assessment with you assuming that I think "better" or "Worse". No. I'm assessing the system of racism and in regards to black males. Black men and women are under valued. Don't get twisted. That should not be the case. But that is case.
    Stop blaming your failures on being black. Plenty of black men and women are successful in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Stop blaming your failures on being black. Plenty of black men and women are successful in the UK
    I'm saying racism exists. Now that's either true of false.

I say its true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Common sense is cultural and observation has been shown to be made up to an extent by your current beliefs. In short: both are relative.
    I am talking about these claims:

Claim 1 - "parents aren't strict enough."
    Claim 2 - "Ethnic minority kids know the deal when it comes to education"
    Claim 3 - "most of their parents are strict if they fail something or are slacking at school"

If you wish to make factual claims, you should provide evidence to support them. Otherwise, it is understood that it is just a baseless opinion.
    Why don't we ask people what their parents are like when it comes to education. I'm sure the answer is very strict. My mum was an Arab,it was all about hard work as with most Arab parents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Why don't we ask people what their parents are like when it comes to education. I'm sure the answer is very strict. My mum was an Arab,it was all about hard work as with most Arab parents
    You haven't replied to my question (i.e. provided evidence supporting your claims) and you again making baseless claims. See below:

Claim 1 - the answer is very strict
    Claim 2 - it was all about hard work as with most Arab parents

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.