Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
    Who are you really? Describe yourself without using your name, or any attributes given to you by society and really think. Deep down, who are you?

My description of myself:
    I'm a guy who enjoys having a laugh, eating and helping others. Charity is important to me and most of my motives are based on helping others, I'm the type of person who will put others before myself. My life is pretty boring and there isn't usually much going on, so I guess I am a boring person.
    Usually, I use this not-entirely whimsical description of myself: Slightly bohemian. Wannabe polymath. Overrated underachiever.

Looking more deeply, I see a lot of good things, and a lot of bad things. I am a good listener, a good teacher (when the topic at hand is interesting), and artistic in a number of ways (including being a musician and a writer). I have a good memory and high information retention, and love learning. My range of interests is vast, including things like cooking, calligraphy, luthiery, linguistics, sciences, radio/communications technology, and reading anything I can find.

However, I have a bad temper (though I have mellowed in recent years), can be impatient at times, and can be very self-deprecating and neurotic. When I'm working on something, I can be laser-like in my ability to focus for hours at a time, even though usually I have avery short attention span.

I experience emotions very deeply, and sometimes find it hard to communicate with other people, though when I connect with someone I connect pretty much completely, and can empathise very strongly with a lot of different types of situation.

I am, in many ways, a fundamentally antisocial kind of person: I am happier in my own company (or that of a book, the radio, or a pen and paper) than in that of other people, excluding those I really care about.

People who get to know me either get along with me very well or dislike me intently.

Spoiler:
    Show
    At the end of the day, it is a lot easier to get to know someone than have to tell them all this. With people who don't know me, it's easier to have the appearence of a mildly psychotic depressive with Asperger syndrome :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I feel like a cloud. :fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    That ain't much. If I had to describe myself I would fire off page after page for a few hours straight. You need to ask yourself why and what drives you to who you are etc.

a) You like to laugh. Well who doesn't? It is like saying you like eating good food - well no one likes bad food do they?
    b) Why do you like helping others? Is this from your childhood, do you have some deep inherent need to help, or does it come from an insecurity in which you want to make yourself feel better and justify that you are a good person?
    c) Why is your life boring? Why do you not do more? Is it due to being insecure or a money problem? What do you want to do etc?

I
    Dat red rep tho.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy.. who's a bishop... of the ultimate banterland... Banterbury... I want to do smash loads of things with this tiny hammer BUT! I have an Infinity Blade (:ahee:) by me. Now I can go and conquer after I'm done with Down's Impel
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In other words, I have tiny capabilities but with friends by my side I can go and conquer after I'm done with this tunnel! I can see the light!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ronnie Pickering

ReputationRep:
    I'm still trying to figure out who I am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A bit of a whirlwind! That's what my friends tell me anyway. One minute I'm there, next minute - poof - gone.
    I guess I'm a cynical-romantic. I'm forever torn between both. I'm a musician, a pianist. It's the way I communicate best with the world around me and express myself. I'm caring and compassionate, usually to a fault. It's kind of my downfall. I appear strong to most people but I'm probably very fragile on the inside. I'm sensitive and put everyone first. But I never give up on anyone. I always see the best in others. Even when I probably shouldn't. And I'm flawed. Incredibly flawed. And I'm really, really tired.

ReputationRep:
    I believe in putting myself first and saying what I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm an outsider that doesn't belong anywhere. Everything I join is temporary, and I always move on at the end of the day. I refuse to bow down to individuals and their subjective views, but I respect legitimate governments and laws. I'm committed to defending certain ideas and attacking others. I tend to resent my peers for their crudeness, but also feel unworthy of associating with people I can respect. I believe that there are no coincidences, and that everything that happens is symbolic. I also believe that the way a person interprets things tells you more about who they are than about the event, no matter how objective they claim to be.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a weirdo who laughs at everything who loves chocolate and loves to dance randomly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booksandcats)
    I'm a weirdo who laughs at everything who loves chocolate and loves to dance randomly
    loool that's actually cute.

ReputationRep:
    I have a very busy mind with a free life. I procrastinate to the point of failure and I have the tendency to repel people. I like helping people and writing about random things, I am easily impressed. I am very forgiving but I am very indecisive. I like the notion of being human before everything and anything else. I love painting and drawing and spending a ridiculous amount of time watching youtube videos and tv shows. I love reading. I have an addiction to fictional characters. :hi::hi::hi:

ReputationRep:
    I'm Margaret Thatcher.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Luke, I am your father.

ReputationRep:
    A guy who came from small, maybe even unknown to some, country with a dream to have a better future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    I am actually a low life. There's nothing else to it.
    Tru
    I promised to sucker punch the next assface to get me with one of those john cena videos, rip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiator12345)
    Ronnie Pickering
    Who??

ReputationRep:
    I am The analyser

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would describe myself as someone who just wants to experience the world. I love to travel but I hate going outside my comfort zone. I'm very driven in my future career but I always stop to enjoy things along the way. I would say my life revolves around sport and it makes me so happy. Funny and down to earth but if you mess with me i can be your worst nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    I am a commander of the armies of the north and general of the felix legions. Loyal servant to the true emperor Marcus aurelius

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.