Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you prefer compliment on your looks or personality? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you prefer compliments on looks or personality?
    Looks
    43.40%
    Personality
    56.60%

ReputationRep:
    Personality lasts longer than looks, so I'd rather be stuck with a nice one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I never get compliments on my looks, so I would choose personality
    Agree with this lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looks: I was a witty, but by all accounts, exceedingly ugly teenager.

ReputationRep:
    idk why but I appreciate compliments on my personality better when I hear them directly to me but I absolutely love it when I get a compliment on like a specific facial feature eg cheekbones, jaw or hair lol.

ReputationRep:
    Most certainly on personality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaKimi)
    Most certainly on personality
    If that's you in your dp then your hair is amazing.:grin:

ReputationRep:
    My looks. I think my personality is ****ing awesome, but I am still quite insecure about my looks... So it means quite a lot more for someone to compliment my looks. In fact, I don't think someone IRL has ever complimented my looks, even my dress, explicitly, other than my family lol. Boo

ReputationRep:
    Depends who is giving the compliment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Looks: I was a witty, but by all accounts, exceedingly ugly teenager.
    Wit is like oxygen to me! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Looks
    I have a nice personality in the eyes of many people
    I am just insecure about my looks

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I said personality, because it means more to me I mean, looks are important, and I would obviously like either compliment, but I should prefer to be witty and plain than beautiful and fluffy-headed. Just saying

ReputationRep:
    idrk tbh...

I mean, I always value someone's personality over their looks (though that's not to say I don't care about people's looks), but complements based on my looks are always much rarer than ones based on my personality.

So from a rarity point of view, complements on looks are much more appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Always getting them for my looks, so probably personality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Wit is like oxygen to me! :ahee:
    Personally, 'wit' occupies a position on the Maslow hierarchy immediately below 'sex'; probably no co-incidence as, being only slightly less grotesque than I was as a teenager, I find that the former typically enables the latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Personally, 'wit' occupies a position on the Maslow hierarchy immediately below 'sex'; probably no co-incidence as, being only slightly less grotesque than I was as a teenager, I find that the former typically enables the latter.
    Hmm..I think it takes a bit more to enable the latter but lol I get your point XD.No, not groteque at all, don't be so harsh on yourself!

I don't get either so I can't comment..

ReputationRep:
    Looks are important, but that is a harsh judgement for someone who can't control their looks. For me it's all about a person's personality, as looks can be deceiving...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery.)
    I don't get either so I can't comment..
    Awww, that's not nice. I'm sure someone will compliment both soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Hmm..I think it taked a bit more to enable the latter but lol I get your point XD.No, not groteque at all, don't be so harsh on yourself!
    Well, I suspect 'a relationship lasting more than one day' ranks above 'sex' at least partly for that reason; and thank you: my end-goal is to embody at least three fetishes simultaneously, so if I can realise that aim without wholly alienating mainstream society in the process then all the better.

ReputationRep:
    I get compliments on the shape of my eyes mainly so personality is my choice

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.