All over your nyaaaah
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Castro Saint)
    All over your nyaaaah
    Bentekerz

ReputationRep:
    Don't like Big Narstie as an MC, he's a funny guy though.

What you man saying about Ten Dixon

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

absolute tune

ReputationRep:

tinie is died

ReputationRep:

flowdan
    on point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmansouf)
    Why all the hate
    Because he is. He isn't original. All he has done so far is jump on somebody else's hype and beg his minions on Twitter (who were not into Grime the first time round so are unaware of this) to retweet and buy them. Wiley used the Know Me From production first and Shut Up is just a rehash of a very well known Ruff Sqwad record from about ten years ago.

What makes him so good? Why exactly is he better than every other 20 something London rapper or legendary ones who have made original music, albums and so on?

I also think something must have went on for him to win that Mobo. Nobody had heard of him until he was nominated, something can't be right there. Most people are very stupid so if you keep telling them something is good, they will listen to it.

JME is basic
    His flow might be basic but the music he makes is much more original and fun to listen to than anything Stormzy has done up til now. Stormzy is just a person that spits, like 99% of all rappers in this country. JME is a bit more than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Because he is. He isn't original. All he has done so far is jump on somebody else's hype and beg his minions on Twitter (who were not into Grime the first time round so are unaware of this) to retweet and buy them. Wiley used the Know Me From production first and Shut Up is just a rehash of a very well known Ruff Sqwad record from about ten years ago.

What makes him so good? Why exactly is he better than every other 20 something London rapper or legendary ones who have made original music, albums and so on?

I also think something must have went on for him to win that Mobo. Nobody had heard of him until he was nominated, something can't be right there. Most people are very stupid so if you keep telling them something is good, they will listen to it.

His flow might be basic but the music he makes is much more original and fun to listen to than anything Stormzy has done up til now. Stormzy is just a person that spits, like 99% of all rappers in this country. JME is a bit more than that.
    Stormzy is a good hype MC, when he rarely appears on a set, he can spit hype bars. But as for his music, it really is mediocre.

If you listen to his actual lyrics, there is no substance in there at all. Not one bit.

As for Jme, he's ok. He is far overrated for me. He's a good MC but he is not a top 3, 5 or even 10 MC like his fanbase and hype suggests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Stormzy is a good hype MC, when he rarely appears on a set, he can spit hype bars. But as for his music, it really is mediocre.

If you listen to his actual lyrics, there is no substance in there at all. Not one bit.
    Agreed, that's pretty much what I posted a while back, he is quite good at spitting, but there are about a thousand kids in London who are. He's quite good but hardly worthy of this amount of recognition.

As for Jme, he's ok. He is far overrated for me. He's a good MC but he is not a top 3, 5 or even 10 MC like his fanbase and hype suggests.
    He is top 10, he is unique, and if you take everything he's done it'd be very difficult to construct a compelling argument as to why he isn't. I'm including everything by the way, productions, lyrics, records, sets, everything. If he released a greatest hits compilation CD, do you think there would be 10 other people who could top it?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.