The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I've tried the 360 tour but this is the only view of the bathroom I can get :redface:

I do have a question though, as a student at Penrhyn Road are the only options available to me Seething Wells and Clayhill?
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Kingston University
Hello TheSalman,

I'm not sure the ratio of applicants and entrants as this will change every year.

Which bursary are you looking into?

Let me know and I'll help you as best I can!

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador

The very first one on the website! http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-funding/bursaries/ I was wondering as well, what was meant by the term "University's Compact Scheme "?

Thanks for getting back! :smile:
Original post by TheSalman
The very first one on the website! http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-funding/bursaries/ I was wondering as well, what was meant by the term "University's Compact Scheme "?

Thanks for getting back! :smile:

Hi The Salman,

You're welcome!

Ah yes this is the bursary that I receive. So applications will open a little later, I'd just bookmark the page and keep checking back. You need to meet all the criteria mentioned and then make an application and they will get back to you if your place is confirmed. After first year there is a progression scholarship, this is based on academic merit.

I'm also on the Compact Scheme myself. Basically it's additional support for students who may need it. There is more information here.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Student Ambassador
To be honest I haven't heard anything back from Kingston yet
I tried to email the admissions

It's been a month now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simple_student
To be honest I haven't heard anything back from Kingston yet
I tried to email the admissions

It's been a month now

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have until May to respond to you.
I am applying to do pharmacy at Kingston and i have been invited to an interview. I am scared and i need some advice haha!
does anyone know if the group style interview is hard ie the questions asked ect :-)

thanks in advance!
Original post by TheSalman
They have until May to respond to you.

But they have responded quickly for my pharmaceutical science masters degree as my back up but still waiting for pharmacy with foundation year it just takes so long

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Welkom
I've tried the 360 tour but this is the only view of the bathroom I can get :redface:

I do have a question though, as a student at Penrhyn Road are the only options available to me Seething Wells and Clayhill?

Hi,

I can tell you that to the left there is a shower :smile:

You are most likely to get Seething Wells or Clayhill but we have 5 halls of residence, MiddleMill and Kingston Bridge House are fairly close but usually given to students who study art as it is closer to their campus. You can apply for a superior ensuite but these are located on Kingston Hill, which means you would need to travel down by bus to get to class.

I hope this has been of some help to you, please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,

Chloe
Student Ambassador
Original post by MumNStudent
Hi I've applied for primary ed, wondering when to expect to hear back? Heard from all others except this and one choice. Also any idea what the timetable is like for the course

I've applied for primary ed too! Have you heard back yet?
Reply 69
I will be studying at the Penrhyn Road campus, which student accommodation would be closest to my campus?? Also when are we supposed to apply for our halls?
Reply 70
Hi,

You are most likely to get Seething Wells or Clayhill but we have 5 halls of residence, MiddleMill and Kingston Bridge House are fairly close but usually given to students who study art as it is closer to their campus. You can apply for a superior ensuite but these are located on Kingston Hill, which means you would need to travel down by bus to get to class.

I hope this has been of some help to you, please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,

Chloe
Student Ambassador

are you allowed to reapply for halls for the second year too? and how likely would you be to get a room?
Original post by haonej
are you allowed to reapply for halls for the second year too? and how likely would you be to get a room?

Hi haonej,

You can only apply for halls in your first year. I am not sure about what the chances are per student, as there are a lot of factors involved. Priority will be given to students who live furthest away.

I hope this helps,

Chloe
Student Ambassador
Reply 72
Hi haonej,

You can only apply for halls in your first year. I am not sure about what the chances are per student, as there are a lot of factors involved. Priority will be given to students who live furthest away.

I hope this helps,

Chloe
Student Ambassador

hi Chloe !
Thank you for your reply.
but what happens in second and third year ? Where are you supposed to live if not in halls. I was looking forward to living in halls for the full three years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haonej
hi Chloe !
Thank you for your reply.
but what happens in second and third year ? Where are you supposed to live if not in halls. I was looking forward to living in halls for the full three years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Haonej,

In second and third year you are required to find somewhere to live. There are a lot of options such as house shares with other students or moving into private halls of residence (there are a lot of these around Kingston). There are very few universities I am aware of where you live in halls for three years. The only difference would be for disabled students.

I hope this helps,

Student Ambassador
Reply 74
Hello Everyone,

This is a thread for all our 2016 applicants, please feel free to ask any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chloe

Student Ambassador :smile:

Hey Chloe!

I had an interview for Graphic Design on 13th January and still haven't heard back despite being told I would hear back within 2 weeks.

Does that mean they haven't offered me a place?

:s-smilie: :frown:
Reply 75
Hello Everyone,

This is a thread for all our 2016 applicants, please feel free to ask any questions you have and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Chloe

Hi Chloe! I've applied for Art and Design foundation and today was the last day to upload photos for digital portfolio on Dropbox.
Do you know how long will it take them to reply?
Hi,

Best,

Chloe
Student Ambassador

Hi,

Do you know when Kingston University will start sending offers for Science Foundation Year?

Thanks.
Reply 77
Hello Everyone,

Chloe

Im really torn between going to either Kingston or Brunel university...
Pros/Cons of the two??
Original post by Stecher
Hey Chloe!

I had an interview for Graphic Design on 13th January and still haven't heard back despite being told I would hear back within 2 weeks.

Does that mean they haven't offered me a place?

:s-smilie: :frown:

Hi Stecher,

Don't panic! It may just be taking longer to go through applications than first thought. I know how stressful it can be waiting for replies but waiting doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't going to be offered a place.

I hope this helps,

Student Ambassador
Original post by deniakp
Hi Chloe! I've applied for Art and Design foundation and today was the last day to upload photos for digital portfolio on Dropbox.
Do you know how long will it take them to reply?

Hi deniakp,

It's great to hear you've applied! Unfortunately we're not told when offers will be given as it's down to the individual tutors.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending