Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, why would you offer your number instead of.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    I thought this initially then I started thinking he might have just wanted an ego boost and isn't actually that interested. I genuinely wanted to know why he insisted on me taking his number, like I said I'm used to guys asking for my number. I didn't mean to sound rude, it caught me off guard I guess.

I think he wants to know if you're really interested and is testing this by getting you to ring him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James222)
    LOL why did you ring him ? you shouldve just text him first

Talking on the phone in akward with people you dont know that well

Anyway just play it cool, text back and forth
    Dont reply too quickly but at the same time dont take ages ie its okay to not reply when your at work but dont randomly delay replying at 8PM when your probs at home

Drop hints that you would be open to meeting up ie if he talks about a film or a music event

If he doesnt ask you to meet up with in like 2 weeks of texting then he is not intrested
    See I would have texted him, but texting hasn't been my thing lately. I met a guy a couple weeks ago, texted him and waiting for his initial response did my head in. I thought it would be better to just call and get it over with and challenge myself. That is my normal texting pattern,even if I have my phone in my hand I delay my response so I should be okay lol.

I will see how it goes, even now I'm thinking ugh getting to know people is such a long process and what do I say next? *sigh I'll get there. The phone conversation wasn't awkward after he confirmed he remembered me. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poldork)
    I think he wants to know if you're really interested and is testing this by getting you to ring him
    Thanks for your input I rang him a while ago

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your input I rang him a while ago
    Ah ok, cool. Good news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poldork)
    Ah ok, cool. Good news?
    He didn't answer my call and a few seconds later he called back. It sounded like he had just woke up, so he asks who I am and for me up refresh his memory. I told him my name and he sounded like he was out of it and he asks if he can call me back in a minute. I thought this was his way of avoiding this whole conversation and I can't lie I felt annoyed cos I thought he didn't remember me.

Less than a minute later he called me back and apologised. I must say he sounded completely different to how he sounded the first time. He said he was sorry as he had just woken up and his head was all over the place. I asked where he met me to confirm and he said the name of the shop. We had the quickest conversation ever, he asked if I had what's app and as soon as we got off the phone he messaged me.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone. Sooo here's how it went. I called him like 5 mins ago, he didn't answer my call and a few seconds later he called back. It sounded like he had just woke up, so he asks who I am and for me up refresh his memory. I told him my name and he sounded like he was out of it and he asks if he can call me back in a minute. I thought this was his way of avoiding this whole conversation and I can't lie I felt annoyed cos I thought he didn't remember me.

Less than a minute later he called me back and apologised. I must say he sounded completely different to how he sounded the first time. He said he was sorry as he had just woken up and his head was all over the place. I asked where he met me to confirm and he said the name of the shop. We had the quickest conversation ever, he asked if I had what's app and as soon as we got off the phone he messaged me.

Ummmm this was too weird...

I would have usually texted, but recently I've started to dislike texting. Loool that's funny, but at the same time I don't get why you would fake your nationality. Each to their own!
    Ok, it really sounds like he's playing PUA games. Being all "could you refresh my memory" when he gave out his number yesterday, it sounds like he's trying to imply "I do this all the time, I'm a high value guy".

If you like him, see him, but be on your guard for mind games. Dude's gonna be negging.

Well I don't know if it really matters for girls, but I'd always recommend guys call first, just shows confidence. A shy guy will always text if he can.

To be fair, she was Slovakian, so I guess everyone would know if I was all "I shagged the Slovakian girl". But overall, she was just nuts. She came out with some brilliant crazy stuff, and not in a student try hard way, in a genuine eccentric way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Ok, it really sounds like he's playing PUA games. Being all "could you refresh my memory" when he gave out his number yesterday, it sounds like he's trying to imply "I do this all the time, I'm a high value guy".

If you like him, see him, but be on your guard for mind games. Dude's gonna be negging.

Well I don't know if it really matters for girls, but I'd always recommend guys call first, just shows confidence. A shy guy will always text if he can.

To be fair, she was Slovakian, so I guess everyone would know if I was all "I shagged the Slovakian girl". But overall, she was just nuts. She came out with some brilliant crazy stuff, and not in a student try hard way, in a genuine eccentric way.
    My thoughts exactly. I was so close to hanging up the phone cos I thought it was a piss take. I don't have time for players at all, I'm too old for this. He called me again like 10 mins ago lol, I didnt answer as I was busy. Then he messaged me to say he had called me then double texted asking if I'm busy. I hope he isn't one of those annoying clingy guys!

Haha sounds like you enjoyed yourself while it lasted.

ReputationRep:
    He basically put himself in a win-win situation.
    He is interested in you, so if you call him or text him, it's a win.
    If you don't call or text, it saves him the hassle of trying to communicate with you despite you avoiding/ignoring him, it's a win.
    Also, the "if you're confident" thing was actually to make you call him just to prove a point, like you said.

ReputationRep:
    I'm too old for this.
    he had called me then double texted asking if I'm busy.
    I hope he isn't one of those annoying clingy guys!
    Wait so, you're too old for immature relationships
    But you consider double-texting to be annoying and clingy..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belalbenfadhel)
    Wait so, you're too old for immature relationships
    But you consider double-texting to be annoying and clingy..?
    Lol no. I'm not sure if you read the part where I said I called him. If not, I called him and he didn't answer. He called me back said he was sleeping and his head was all over the place. We spoke for like 2 minutes then he asked if I had what's app to talk. He hung up and started messaging me. Then shortly after he calls me again which confused me since he ended the conversation initially. I was tied up doing some things so I didn't see his call but he texted to say he called me and asking if I was busy.

ReputationRep:
    Lol no. I'm not sure if you read the part where I said I called him. If not, I called him and he didn't answer. He called me back said he was sleeping and his head was all over the place. We spoke for like 2 minutes then he asked if I had what's app to talk. He hung up and started messaging me. Then shortly after he calls me again which confused me since he ended the conversation initially. I was tied up doing some things so I didn't see his call but he texted to say he called me and asking if I was busy.
    My point went over your head love.

ReputationRep:
    He didn't answer my call and a few seconds later he called back. It sounded like he had just woke up, so he asks who I am and for me up refresh his memory. I told him my name and he sounded like he was out of it and he asks if he can call me back in a minute. I thought this was his way of avoiding this whole conversation and I can't lie I felt annoyed cos I thought he didn't remember me.

Cool

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 6, 2015
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.