Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    thank-you so much forgottenApple! You are very kind and generous to do this
    good luck in the future whatever you do!

ReputationRep:
    Are there any definitions for F321 mate?

Thanks for the Physics and Chem stuff anyways

ReputationRep:
    Where's everyone up to for chemistry /physics /biology ocr? Wat have u covered so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R.abokor)
    Where's everyone up to for chemistry /physics /biology ocr? Wat have u covered so far
    Bio - up to meiosis and variation
    Chem - up to equilibrium

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry - Just finished Enthalpy Changes
    Biology - Just finished Mitosis and Meiosis

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Do u think that it's better to stick to OCR papers or is it worth doing other exam board papers such as Edexcel and AQA ?

ReputationRep:
    The AQA and Edexcel questions are good but I'm not sure if it's really worth doing....
    OCR are starting to change the style of questions every year now and they are becoming a bit more difficult. Doing only the OCR papers will not achieve the A* grade at A2 as there is always new contextualised questions that are coming up and cathching people out like 2015 papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danllo)
    The AQA and Edexcel questions are good but I'm not sure if it's really worth doing....
    OCR are starting to change the style of questions every year now and they are becoming a bit more difficult. Doing only the OCR papers will not achieve the A* grade at A2 as there is always new contextualised questions that are coming up and cathching people out like 2015 papers.
    I'm trying to figure out what ways to get round this because doing past papers and using the ocr textbook will only do so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Do u think that it's better to stick to OCR papers or is it worth doing other exam board papers such as Edexcel and AQA ?
    I did all the boards; worth doing if you're continuing it to Uni and want basically a guaranteed A*. If you're content with either A/A* & not studying at Uni don't bother. (Related degrees count).

ReputationRep:
    Depends, if you understand the principles of what you're doing you can apply them anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple;[url="tel:61841121")
    61841121[/url]]Depends, if you understand the principles of what you're doing you can apply them anywhere.
    I need to get 75%-85% in both F324 and F325 to get my A in chemistry. Do you think that I should do the other exam board papers ? My UMS is not high enough for an A* anyway.. And I doubt that I'll get an A* in chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    I am a gap year student and my module grades for chemistry were

F321 : 66/90 - B - 73%
    F322 : 125/150 - A - 84%
    F323 : 48/60 - A - 80%
    F324 : 27/90 - U - 30%
    F325 : 75/150 - D - 50%
    F326 : 51/60 - A - 85%

I ended up with a grade C in chemistry last year and I completely flopped the A2 papers. I achieved 392/600 UMS. I am retaking both A2 papers this year, however, shall I retake F321 ? Is it worth me revising for it again ? If don't retake it, I will have more time to revise for the A2 papers but I will need at least an A and B in either F324 and F325. Please let me know what u guys think, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I need to get 75%-85% in both F324 and F325 to get my A in chemistry. Do you think that I should do the other exam board papers ? My UMS is not high enough for an A* anyway.. And I doubt that I'll get an A* in chemistry.
    dude if u can get A you can get an A* ; only A2 UMS counts for the 90%

Do it if you can stomach it. Especially the last couple years, exam boards copy each other, but as a general rule before ~ Jan 2010 are not very challenging.

ReputationRep:
    I am a gap year student and my module grades for chemistry were

I ended up with a grade C in chemistry last year and I completely flopped the A2 papers. I achieved 392/600 UMS. I am retaking both A2 papers this year, however, shall I retake F321 ? Is it worth me revising for it again ? If don't retake it, I will have more time to revise for the A2 papers but I will need at least an A and B in either F324 and F325. Please let me know what u guys think, thanks.
    If you're aiming for A* don't retake f321, for maximum chances of an A retake f321 and possibly f322 as that's easy mode f324

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple;[url="tel:61841537")
    61841537[/url]]If you're aiming for A* don't retake f321, for maximum chances of an A retake f321 and possibly f322 as that's easy mode f324
    Thanks for the advice man. I only want an A in chemistry (obvs would like an A*) but I need to get an A in Edexcel Maths aswell in order to meet my firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgottenApple)
    Hey Rabokor basically what ya gotta do is shove what ya been told into the formula.

Kw= [OH-][H+]
    Kw = 1x10^-14 at 25 degreesals

We've been told that [OH-] = 100[H+]
    so we substitute this back in (least I would).
    Kw = 100 x [H+] x [H+] = 100[H+]^2

Now you can rearrange and solve for H+ which gives you the pH

I got 8 when I did it, so check with the ms to make sure I'm talking some sense!
    Hi, thank you for the notes! Why do you do [H+] x [H+] and not just 100 x [H+], why 2 H+ and not just 1?

ReputationRep:
    physics - we've done electricity and module 1, 2 and we're on 3 at moments and centre of mass. my teacher is so slow
    chemistry - we've done module 1, 2 and 3. starting 4 next week

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to help me with my ums and decide what units to resit/leave?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee;[url="tel:61900193")
    61900193[/url]]Anyone want to help me with my ums and decide what units to resit/leave?

Posted from TSR Mobile

=392/600 - C

These are my UMS scores (I am a gap year student). I am resitting A2 obvs, but shall I resit F321? I'm not retaking F322 and I'm not retaking the course work. Do u think that's a the best option ? I'd be happy to advise u on what exams to resit if u want.

ReputationRep:

=392/600 - C

These are my UMS scores (I am a gap year student). I am resitting A2 obvs, but shall I resit F321? I'm not retaking F322 and I'm not retaking the course work. Do u think that's a the best option ? I'd be happy to advise u on what exams to resit if u want.
    Your AS results are amazing btw. imo f321 seems like basic knowledge so it's completely redoable but I'm finding that the f321 exams are getting harder but there's nothing to lose considering that they keep the highest grades. If these are the only A2 exams that you're gonna resit then I'd do all 3 but if you have others, I'll stick to the A2 retakes.

I'll find my ums sheet and post them in a moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.