x Turn on thread page Beta

Senior Maths Challenge 2015 predicted thresholds and past thresholds watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Quite pleased! Got 116

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Tbh though I'm (no offence) glad that you didn't memorise them. It'd have made it unfair for all of us.

Awww Yeah same man I got 95 fml.. I got Olympiad last year but messed it up really badly this year. Pretty shocked at myself
    You still did very well man, but unlucky! I reckon you still have a slight chance, but at least you've entered BMO at least once :P I never have so :P

(Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    I did exactly the same haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahaha at least I can relate with someone else xD How did you do overall, did you get 80 as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    You still did very well man, but unlucky! I reckon you still have a slight chance, but at least you've entered BMO at least once :P I never have so :P

Ahaha at least I can relate with someone else xD How did you do overall, did you get 80 as well?
    Thanks man. I'll probably pay to enter. I enjoy it anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theworkkid)
    Awhhh
    Well at least youll ge tto do the kangaroo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really not gonna sit that again. It'll just make me feel even worse. I got Merit in the Kangaroo last year anyway so there's no point.

ReputationRep:
    Quite pleased! Got 116

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's amazing, can't believe people can do that well in the SMC!
    If I was lucky I would've got 109 though...

ReputationRep:
    im bare vexed uno

ReputationRep:
    Did all the question got 23 correct 2 wrong, because of stupid mistakes as always. First mistake was net cube one where i suffered to understand the question and the other stupid mistake was in the height of bricks question. I think this year was much easier than last year. I got gold last year, though it was after 3 mocks, but this year i had 2 mocks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I answered 17 but i only answered 16, and out of that I got 2 wrong :bricks:

So I got 79. I got a gold last year and probably silver this year, I reckon I would have been better off just guessing the ones I didn't answer...

I got the one wrong about the towers of bricks because I didn't think about the fact that different combinations of bricks could equal the same height :lol: And I also somehow got the one about the cost of petrol wrong, maybe I misread the question idk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramil Ahmadov)
    Did all the question got 23 correct 2 wrong, because of stupid mistakes as always. First mistake was net cube one where i suffered to understand the question and the other stupid mistake was in the height of bricks question. I think this year was much easier than last year. I got gold last year, though it was after 3 mocks, but this year i had 2 mocks anyway.
    Did 21 questions, messed up the same as you did, and the line intersection one because it was very misleadingly worded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Did 21 questions, messed up the same as you did, and the line intersection one because it was very misleadingly worded.
    Was it? I thought that one is alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramil Ahmadov)
    Was it? I thought that one is alright.
    Yeah but the 'sheet of paper' mentioned made me (subconsciously to an extent) think of them as line segments which messed up my solution to the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Next week (thurs)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry - you can't know that. As soon as they are available they will be in the "latest news" section of the website (ukmt.org.uk)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any idea if 102 is good enough to qualify for bmo1?

ReputationRep:
    When will the thresholds be out?

ReputationRep:
    24 correct, 1 wrong

But last year I only got into the BMO because I paid :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    24 correct, 1 wrong

But last year I only got into the BMO because I paid :confused:
    How much is it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite annoyed. I knew how to do 21 (and did it, but I only had two pieces of rough paper so my diagram was tiny) so I managed to get that one wrong somehow.

I misread question 18, and was just stupid on question 8. I also left out 25 (when I had the right answer but just left it blank because I wasn't confident). However, I think I still got 106 which is decent for my first year.

Just rather annoyed because there was nothing which stumped me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Answered 21 questions, got 3 wrong, definitely not in BMO1. Will never get to sit an olympiad .
    The REALLY annoying thing is that I only got 'easy' questions wrong. All the later questions that I attempted I did fine.
    You can always ask your school to enter you, but you'll have to pay a fee (I'm not sure how much). Practising for the BMO1 style questions really gets you thinking!

I hopefully should've got 117 but knowing me I'll have made a few stupid mistakes here and there... Ran out of time this year which I never usually find a problem with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagmister)
    How much is it?
    £20 or something, iirc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    £20 or something, iirc
    Ah that's alright

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.