x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do white people age like bananas? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No make up
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Didn't know some people can have very few sweat glands; what are the impacts though?
    Well, for women, it's great because their mascara won't run when they put on make-up. They brag about it to each other subtly in some cases. If you're having to work outdoors, it's horrible because it means leads to a decreased ability to stand heat, though. You feel exhausted more quickly and get hotter more quickly. You need to fan yourself more, etc.

What happens is that I only get a very thin film of sweat that clings to the skin, rather than having the sweat run in actual beads, even if it's 90-100 F (about 32-38 C). It's the opposite of someone that "sweats like a pig", although there's no term for it. The best one I can think of is "sweats like a lady".

ReputationRep:
    Hey OP why does your banana age like a white person?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone just give me the name of the woman with 48 on them.

4 pages with no answer :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)

The white woman is 40, the black woman is 44 WOW

lol ignore the kylie jenner panel but again the difference is startling.

VS

One word..

Cocaine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hang on a minute...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHjfC780Mm4

ReputationRep:
    I'm good, my dad is 60 and looks at least 5-10 years younger than he is, plus has a full head of hair and barely any greys. Yep I'll be living a long time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    Black people age much better than white people and this is a fact. There's been lots of research into this and in fact one study was done by OLAY the cosmetics company who found that black women age at least 10 years slower than white women. Google it, Im on my phone so I cant.

Our beautiful melanin rich skin is being studied in labarotries because cosmetic brands are trying to harness our youth and bottle it up for troglodytes like you who are aging astronomically by the second.
    So a company that makes money from brainwashing women into buying their "anti ageing" products tells women they age badly, hmmm I dont think that means anything.

(Original post by driftawaay)
    Yeah. No source.
    Ah the modern mentality, not putting you down or anything but because no evidence exists doesnt mean it didnt happen, things like social media werent big then, less online prescence for news etc.

I heard myself about one of them, I think it was the one linked to Heath Ledger.

Anyway the reason why black people for example age "better" is that you dont notice their wrinkles as much due to their dark skin (I bet someone will call me racist for that) and women of course will have make up that hides it.

My parents are in their mid 60s both are often assumed to be early 50s, I am now 30 and people assume I am 21 (though losing my hair)

ReputationRep:
    You are a racist.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Less sun exposure/sun damage = less wrinkles and better skin.

People with darker skin have less skin damage as it generally protects them from the sun. If white people stayed indoors and didn't burn their skin, they would look younger. This is why it's good to wear sun protection cream all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Black don't crack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karl_Redak)
    Black don't crack
    Exactly. Skin Facts 101.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannxm)
    Less sun exposure/sun damage = less wrinkles and better skin.

People with darker skin have less skin damage as it generally protects them from the sun. If white people stayed indoors and didn't burn their skin, they would look younger. This is why it's good to wear sun protection cream all the time.
    Probably true but staying indoors all the time is unnatural, isn't it? Why should being in the warm life-giving sun cause burns?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It is unnatural as we're born to be outside all the time but when those days were around, people didn't care what they looked like. Now we're in a self absorbed age where we're all fighting nature itself.

(Original post by NoNeanderthal)
    Probably true but staying indoors all the time is unnatural, isn't it? Why should being in the warm life-giving sun cause burns?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.