Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Levels of fitness our generation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    I have started going back to the gym though, I have never liked being overweight as was bulky even when underweight due to my frame.

But the doctors didnt just say normal/low they said cholesterol is low to the point its better than someone who leads a healthy life, they didnt emntion the blood sugar but from my own findings if anything it was on the point where if it was lower it would be dangeous, I also had things like kidney function tests, all good

I dont think im fine but I dont think I am worse than a skinny person who may has a diet of things like alcohol, energy drinks, smokes etc.

I am obese but not clincically , the dietician told me what I listed as my diet wasnt the problem it was that I only eat last thing at night and not spread out i.e I will make mince and tatties with a big enough portion for 2 people, eat nothing else all day and eat that.

Today I ate 2 beef sausages and a sausage roll all day though did microwave a scotch egg and cook 2 chicken burgers but changed my mind but knowing me I will eat them before bed.

I have a unclear diet thats all so whilst I eat junk in terms of not eating meat and veg every day I dont stuff my face with sweets, energy drinks, kebabs etc its a now and again thing I reserve for when I am having a bad day.
    You must be trolling. I just can't even

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhaworth)
    You must be trolling. I just can't even
    Nope, im autistic.

But why do you say that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It's weird because I was thinking this just the other day. In school I used to be among the minority of girls who actually watch what they eat, work out, etc. Sure they want to be thin and have flat bellies, but no one really wants to commit to the effort that comes with it. On the other hand, in the generation before ours, fitness was considered by many people as an important factor in everyday life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    It's weird because I was thinking this just the other day. In school I used to be among the minority of girls who actually watch what they eat, work out, etc. Sure they want to be thin and have flat bellies, but no one really wants to commit to the effort that comes with it. On the other hand, in the generation before ours, fitness was considered by many people as an important factor in everyday life.
    THIS. girls be lik omg Im so fat an then eatin chips for lunch!!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportykitty)
    THIS. girls be lik omg Im so fat an then eatin chips for lunch!!! xxx
    Let's not forget calling the actually fit girls anorexic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Nope. Theoretically I could run 5 miles a day and be incredibly fit, but if I burned 4000kcal a day and I ate 5000 a day I could get fat in the process and still be fit as a fiddle.
    Depends to what extent, CV fitness is down to th strength of the heart and lungs and if you're piling on fat your arteries are going to be obstructed and so less blood will be reaching the heart. Excess weight also means your body is having to work harder to get blood and oxygen around the body.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the girl in the photo is overweight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I don't think the girl in the photo is overweight
    your obviously not a fitness person or a medical person then hun xxx

ReputationRep:
    Or perhaps they don't instantly judge without knowing more? Height/weight etc.

However, studies have shown that people are less capable of correctly identifying normal and overweight individuals that you would hope. So perhaps our view has become distorted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh the irony

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    Oh the irony
    do u even know what irony means lol xxx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Passive aggressive message followed by xxxxxx

just makes it so much more ironic

xxxxx

K

xxxx
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    More seriously is this you posting this image on yahoo and a load of other forums, including this one as you've posted it here under a different account in the past :lol: Or a poster with an identical posting style at least

ReputationRep:
    do u even know what irony means lol xxx
    Evidently you don't

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, young people are much more concerned with healthy living these days than say 5 or 10 years ago. It could partly be responsible for the decreasing numbers of drinkers, smokers, drug-takers etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martinnathalie9)
    In my experience, young people are much more concerned with healthy living these days than say 5 or 10 years ago. It could partly be responsible for the decreasing numbers of drinkers, smokers, drug-takers etc.
    Though its been 4 years since I was at uni up to that point it was increasing since when I first went to college 14 years ago, when I left home more people were eating sensibly and drinking more in moderation since students werent that well off then, they are technically worse off now but get more loans and overdrafts and more mod cons.

I knew people at uni 14 years ago, and again 9 years ago going to the gym every day to look good, eating butchers meat, if drug taking was happening it was a circle of friends sharing weed rather than experimenting with various legal highs and whatever else they could get and I noticed more and more bad things in recent years, it used to be "lets go for a PINT" after class i.e singular now its "lets get drunk tonight"

The difference now is people want to look good to boost their own ego rather than for health benefits.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're definitely right, people are more concerned with their appearance as opposed to being healthy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martinnathalie9)
    I think you're definitely right, people are more concerned with their appearance as opposed to being healthy!
    THIS. I know a girl who had lipo when she was 17!!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    I certainly agree with the OP.

Among women, the level of fat on some girls and shocking nutritional beliefs from others astounds me. It's very rare you'll meet a woman who eats a proper healthy diet.

Men i think are less bad although probably do less exercise and seem to end up worse than women past 40.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I certainly agree with the OP.

Among women, the level of fat on some girls and shocking nutritional beliefs from others astounds me. It's very rare you'll meet a woman who eats a proper healthy diet.

Men i think are less bad although probably do less exercise and seem to end up worse than women past 40.
    thats why girls dont ever have 6 packs just fat rolls lol except one girl I trained literally only one xxx

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.