Turn on thread page Beta

I did pullups with 30kg weights attached and i'm Vegan. AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    OP can climb V6 apparently.

Most good rock climbers have muscle but they aren't massive. All about power to weight ratio :yes:

On a side note those women are fit :coma:

(Original post by rock_climber86)
    So there is this myth that vegans are weak. Today I did 2 reps with 30kg hanging from my body. I repeated this after a 1 min break.

Who said Vegans were weak? What's more impressive is that I only weigh 53.3kg. That's 56% of my bodymass :cool:

When you meat eaters can all do that then call me weak!

Go vegan, for the animals! :woo:
    Bless your little vegan heart, trying to prove yourself.

If you're feeling the need to exercise at a gym/using gym equipment, you are weak. I simply live a fairly health lifestyle, and at the shop I volunteer at I regularly carry my own body weight and more from the shop floor to where stock is stored - which is upstairs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Bless your little vegan heart, trying to prove yourself.

If you're feeling the need to exercise at a gym/using gym equipment, you are weak. I simply live a fairly health lifestyle, and at the shop I volunteer at I regularly carry my own body weight and more from the shop floor to where stock is stored - which is upstairs.
    What the **** did I just read? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    You are entitled to your opinion. A lot of my meat eating friends would not agree. Also you know nothing about my doet so don't make sweeping statements about how much I do or don't eat! I eat a lot. Even my heavier, fatter friends are shocked by how much I eat. But either way, i see no need to persuade you, presumably a white caucasian random internet guy, that i'm healthy, so deal with it
    Yes I have my own opinion, thank you mr advocate of free speech. You are pretty selective with your "meat eating friends" if they all think you are strong, most of my vegetarian friends would disagree. Okay I don't know about your diet but 53kg suggests you eat basically nothing or have a problem .

Also you need to stop getting offended at nothing because it has caused you to read the post incorrectly. I never said you were not healthy, quite the opposite actually. I said you were skinny and physically fit! I also said you were not strong and you are not, you are tiny. Lifting +40% of your body weight at 53kg is a lot easier than doing it at 100kg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ron_trns)
    Yes I have my own opinion, thank you mr advocate of free speech. You are pretty selective with your "meat eating friends" if they all think you are strong, most of my vegetarian friends would disagree. Okay I don't know about your diet but 53kg suggests you eat basically nothing or have a problem .

Also you need to stop getting offended at nothing because it has caused you to read the post incorrectly. I never said you were not healthy, quite the opposite actually. I said you were skinny and physically fit! I also said you were not strong and you are not, you are tiny. Lifting +40% of your body weight at 53kg is a lot easier than doing it at 100kg.
    Your body adapts to whatever weight you are. Doing 10 normal pull-ups for me is equivalent to a heavier person doing 10 pull-ups. Me being light doesn't really matter here because my body reacts according to my weight. Meaning I only built up strong enough biceps to lift my bodyweight when I started. It took me many years to get up to 30kg + bodyweight pull-ups. If anything 30kg pull-ups should be easier for heavier people because as a percentage it will a smaller fraction of their bodyweight.

I think you are making excuses to try to explain why it's harder for harder for heavier person to do weighted pull-ups than looking at the reality of the situation in that maybe I am just stronger than a lot of heaver people. If I trained enough I could probably do 50kg pull-ups, and bring myself up to a normal person +20kg, but even if I did that you'll probably find another excuse as to why I could do this right? Like how wide the bar was or that my pull-ups weren't proper pull-ups or something?

There's no pleasing some people. I am happy with my strength, diet and compassion towards animals and that's all that matters to me. I don't need a lecture from a random internet person about how my strength isn't impressive etc etc. You're just jealous because i'm probably stronger, smarter and am more ethical than you :cool:

ReputationRep:
    You're just jealous because i'm probably stronger
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Btw, when your weight differs - then you're talking about pound for pound strength. When it comes to pure strength then it's simply who can lift the most (in this case, it's usually, but not always the heavier person).

Pound for pound strength is quite impressive though. Sadly we're no match for ants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    OP can climb V6 apparently.

Most good rock climbers have muscle but they aren't massive. All about power to weight ratio :yes:

On a side note those women are fit :coma:
    I did two v6's over the last few weeks. I've done a few routes which were v7 i'm sure. they were so ****ing hard :lolwut:

Planning on an epic 1 month rock climbing trip to india (Hampi) in january. Who fancies coming for some bouldering? And yes, that woman is hot! I need to find myself a hot vegan rock climber babe like her :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    Btw, when your weight differs - then you're talking about pound for pound strength. When it comes to pure strength then it's simply who can lift the most (in this case, it's usually, but not always the heavier person).

Pound for pound strength is quite impressive though. Sadly we're no match for ants.
    Ants are amazing! how many times their own bodyweight can they carry? 50? They also do it using their jaws! Also if you look at world cup body builders you will see they are light and have a lot of explosive strength. You don't need to be big and muscular to be good at lifting weights. Maybe for strong man competitions where you are actually moving the weights around a lot, but not in the olympics/world championships where they just lift it.

ReputationRep:
    Your body adapts to whatever weight you are. Doing 10 normal pull-ups for me is equivalent to a heavier person doing 10 pull-ups. Me being light doesn't really matter here because my body reacts according to my weight. Meaning I only built up strong enough biceps to lift my bodyweight when I started. It took me many years to get up to 30kg + bodyweight pull-ups. If anything 30kg pull-ups should be easier for heavier people because as a percentage it will a smaller fraction of their bodyweight.I think you are making excuses to try to explain why it's harder for harder for heavier person to do weighted pull-ups than looking at the reality of the situation in that maybe I am just stronger than a lot of heaver people. If I trained enough I could probably do 50kg pull-ups, and bring myself up to a normal person +20kg, but even if I did that you'll probably find another excuse as to why I could do this right? Like how wide the bar was or that my pull-ups weren't proper pull-ups or something?There's no pleasing some people. I am happy with my strength, diet and compassion towards animals and that's all that matters to me. I don't need a lecture from a random internet person about how my strength isn't impressive etc etc. You're just jealous because i'm probably stronger, smarter and am more ethical than you :cool:
    You're probably more ethical than me, I'll give you that. I don't eat meat cuz it disgusts me and I went vegan because I wanted to see what it's like - nothing to do with ethics. You quite clearly aren't anywhere near my strength from what you've said and as for intelligence... well I'm beginning to doubt it from your posts. Someone explained the logic of why it's easier to lift X % of your bodyweight when you are lighter on the first page - so no excuses. You aren't even that strong for your weight and on the grand scale of things you are pretty weak.

I'm not even anti-vegan I'm pretty pro vegan although most of 'em are douchebags but you aren't helping the cause you are just making a fool of them all by claiming you are strong. An average 70kg dude who goes to the gym once a week would brush you aside like nothing dude. Please try doing a real back exercise like a deadlift and get back to us when you struggle with 60kg for reps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ron_trns)
    You're probably more ethical than me, I'll give you that. I don't eat meat cuz it disgusts me and I went vegan because I wanted to see what it's like - nothing to do with ethics. You quite clearly aren't anywhere near my strength from what you've said and as for intelligence... well I'm beginning to doubt it from your posts. Someone explained the logic of why it's easier to lift X % of your bodyweight when you are lighter on the first page - so no excuses. You aren't even that strong for your weight and on the grand scale of things you are pretty weak.

I'm not even anti-vegan I'm pretty pro vegan although most of 'em are douchebags but you aren't helping the cause you are just making a fool of them all by claiming you are strong. An average 70kg dude who goes to the gym once a week would brush you aside like nothing dude. Please try doing a real back exercise like a deadlift and get back to us when you struggle with 60kg for reps.
    I refuse to reply to any more of your posts. You obviously have no concept of power to weight ratio and are making up dumb reasons like I can do a pullup up with 30kg because that makes me a person of normal weight. You are deluded for even thinking this.

You are like that annoying mosquito that buzzes around a persons ear. Good day to you sir. You are going on my ignore list for eternity

ReputationRep:
    I refuse to reply to any more of your posts. You obviously have no concept of power to weight ratio and are making up dumb reasons like I can do a pullup up with 30kg because that makes me a person of normal weight. You are deluded for even thinking this.

You are like that annoying mosquito that buzzes around a persons ear. Good day to you sir. You are going on my ignore list for eternity
    Alright I'm going to make this simple for anyone else who is watching, I don't care about the OP as he obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and doesn't listen to anyone sensible. Taken from the first page.

"you also get diminishing returns in terms of strength/bodyweight ratio the bigger and taller you are. The world record bench press for 59 kg weight class is 5.1 times bodyweight, while it's 'just' 2.5 times for the 120kg class."

Also sir, please do not call me a mosquito, it's very insulting as for a vegetarian to insinuate I drink blood, I'm sure you'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hektik)
    How much more could you have lifted if you ate meat?

[ ] Not rekt
    [X] REKT
    I'm not sure he could lift the plate :lol:

ReputationRep:
    What are your other main lifts?

ReputationRep:
    What is your opinion on the recent revelations that ISIS have finally aquired all of the dragon balls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.