Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm Muslim, ask me anything (II) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishba-rosex)
    Thanks for the info and I try to pray too. But what if the people were sensible and mature? What if they didn't commit zina? Would they still be acceptable if they loved each other? (lool my questions are so random)
    If you're curious, you would have probably googled this and you would see many stories of how an 'innocent relationship' lead to a disaster like zina, read this thread if you haven't http://islam.stackexchange.com/quest...ntact-with-her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salient_Drive)
    If you're curious, you would have probably googled this and you would see many stories of how an 'innocent relationship' lead to a disaster like zina, read this thread if you haven't http://islam.stackexchange.com/quest...ntact-with-her

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishba-rosex)
    Hey, I'm also a Muslim I know this is the most basic question ever but what is the main reason behind no relationships(bf/gf)? And how do people then want to get married? They must be close or so, right? And how can you try to keeping praying 5 times a day. thx
    It's not haram to have a relationship, it's just advisable that you don't have one, as it can lead to zina.

But you can have one if you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    i am muslim too but i never understand why men r allowed to marry four times i know that Muhammad PBUH married 4 times
    many non muslims said that islam is sexist n i kinda get pissed off
    I know what you mean, i have read soo many negative things about it. Because he was treat all 4 of them fairly and this is the first requirement of marrying 4 wives and secondly because to record every action of Prophet Muhammad, this is why we have soo many hadith narrated by his wives. Also i want to explain that some people who becomes mature when they are very young and sometimes they are being forced* or even it was a tradition in 1400 years ago. In quran you can get married when you are baligh (mature)Especially Aisha who have narrated soo many authentic hadith because she married when she was 9 years old but Prophet Muhammad did not have sexual thing. If want know more let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCondor)
    It's not haram to have a relationship, it's just advisable that you don't have one, as it can lead to zina.

Hi can you provide evidence for this claim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by booksandcats)
    What's your favourite pizza topping?
    Chicken Tikka

ReputationRep:

oh.. I didn't know that because everyone says its haram but thanks

ReputationRep:
    women can b jel too if she sees her man with other wives
    i know that Muhammad married coz he was helping them
    however i dunno if it says in Quran that u can only marry another women if u trying to help her
    n as far as i know people marry in islam to have kids not to help them financially and even if their intention is to help them they will still fell in love and have kids
    Yes of course women can be jealous too but (not trying to be sexist) men are physically stronger and what are the women gonna do? ***** on each other? Jump on him and pull his hair out? If there was 4 men against 1 woman then who knows what they could do, rape her even, do you kinda get what I mean?

Kids are considered a blessing but you wouldn't go to hell because you didn't have children when you are married. Many people marry and eventually have kids, that's just how it is I guess.

I was gonna find the verse on polygamy but this website is great: http://www.questionsaboutislam.com/w...s-polygamy.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAREQ003)
    Chicken Tikka
    Same or I like it plain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salient_Drive)
    Hi can you provide evidence for this claim?
    Simple; there is no ayah in the Qur'an that forbids you from have a relationship. As long as it is pure (no pre-marital sex).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nverjvlev)
    that's what you said originally?

why are you a muslim, I'm just interested. could be me being dyslexic but I really don't understand your original reply?
    I am dyslexic too . Do you Mind if i share you a video, it explains everythjing is much simpler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAREQ003)
    I know what you mean, i have read soo many negative things about it. Because he was treat all 4 of them fairly and this is the first requirement of marrying 4 wives and secondly because to record every action of Prophet Muhammad, this is why we have soo many hadith narrated by his wives. Also i want to explain that some people who becomes mature when they are very young and sometimes they are being forced* or even it was a tradition in 1400 years ago. In quran you can get married when you are baligh (mature)Especially Aisha who have narrated soo many authentic hadith because she married when she was 9 years old but Prophet Muhammad did not have sexual thing. If want know more let me know
    is this says in Quran that u can marry another women if u giving them financially support not for intimate- is this is the first requirement n if men want to marry a woman for sexual desires then is it allowed to do
    what if the women u married to is having an issue with fertility and men wanna have kids, is he allow to marry then even though he isn't giving any support finanacially

ReputationRep:
    is this says in Quran that u can marry another women if u giving them financially support not for intimate- is this is the first requirement n if men want to marry a woman for sexual desires then is it allowed to do
    what if the women u married to is having an issue with fertility and men wanna have kids, is he allow to marry then even though he isn't giving any support finanacially
    "And give to the orphans their properties and do not substitute the defective [of your own] for the good [of theirs]. And do not consume their properties into your own. Indeed, that is ever a great sin.

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Yes of course women can be jealous too but (not trying to be sexist) men are physically stronger and what are the women gonna do? ***** on each other? Jump on him and pull his hair out? If there was 4 men against 1 woman then who knows what they could do, rape her even, do you kinda get what I mean?

Kids are considered a blessing but you wouldn't go to hell because you didn't have children when you are married. Many people marry and eventually have kids, that's just how it is I guess.

I was gonna find the verse on polygamy but this website is great: http://www.questionsaboutislam.com/w...s-polygamy.php

even if the couple not planning to have kids but their parents wanna see thier grandson or their relatives start blabbering saying that something is wrong with the girl, why isn't she getting pregnant blah blah and ask her to go to doctors n no one point at the husband

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    "And give to the orphans their properties and do not substitute the defective [of your own] for the good [of theirs]. And do not consume their properties into your own. Indeed, that is ever a great sin.

And if you fear that you will not deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry those that please you of [other] women, two or three or four. But if you fear that you will not be just, then [marry only] one"
    its talking about orphans and if the girl isn't orphan then

ReputationRep:
    even if the couple not planning to have kids but their parents wanna see thier grandson or their relatives start blabbering saying that something is wrong with the girl, why isn't she getting pregnant blah blah and ask her to go to doctors n no one point at the husband
    I'm sorry what?

ReputationRep:
    Who? Why?
    (Original post by Kyou)
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    How old are you?
    became 17 on may and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Who? Why?
    It's to the OP, not you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.