Just got kicked out of the house watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    In an office

What as? And are you a student or just here to try and get some nudes

ReputationRep:
    Just been on the phone to shelter.org.

They will rehouse you in a multi million pound property in Kensington.

#LabourLegacy
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    Nobody needs to buy clothes on a monthly basis, that's just bananas. Twice a year, once during the colder months and once during the warmer months, go through your wardrobe, remind yourself of the clothes that you have and work out what you actually need to buy. Don't buy clothes throughout the year unless you actually need something and can't wait for it.
    He was moaning recently about the amount of tax he was paying. Amongst the things listed was the amount he was spending on clothes. I pointed out that he doesn't need to spend that much on clothes a month. I don't know of anyone who spends that much on clothes a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    He was moaning recently about the amount of tax he was paying. Amongst the things listed was the amount he was spending on clothes. I pointed out that he doesn't need to spend that much on clothes a month. I don't know of anyone who spends that much on clothes a year.
    Exactly. It's crazy when there's people who don't actually have enough money to get by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    It stuns me how TSR, full of so many smart people, repeatedly feeds this troll (srs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    After rent and all bills except internet, I'm living off roughly 40€/week atm (still waiting for that Erasmus grant!). That's for food, social life, travel (outside of Berlin, my travel within Berlin was paid as a lump sum), Internet etc. You're doing pretty well... I mean, I know I'm a student so not working and used to being poor but still.
    40 is pretty decent
    some people have it far worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    40 is pretty decent
    some people have it far worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah exactly, that was my point - why's OP whinging about the amount he's living off if I'm comfortable on 40€ in a capital city?!

ReputationRep:
    My parents visited me at my flat this morning. They were in a bad mood - or at least my mum was. They started having a go at me about my spending and stuff.

They made some ludicrous point about how I am earning so I should be paying rent even though we agreed I was keeping their flat safe for them.

And then the unthinkable happened - they effectively kicked me out of the house. They are demanding that I pay £480 a month to live in their flat.

Just don't know what to think right now, feeling kinda numb.
    Well you should not be reliant on other people to help you through life (it's a matter of dignity).

A self-sufficient person commands more respect than any other.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly, that was my point - why's OP whinging about the amount he's living off if I'm comfortable on 40€ in a capital city?!
    Pizza gives me more happiness than a ferrari.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Pizza gives me more happiness than a ferrari.
    Who needs a flat when you have a BMW on finance eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Most Competitive)
    Well you should not be reliant on other people to help you through life (it's a matter of dignity).

A self-sufficient person commands more respect than any other.
    You parents bought you a 100k car lmao so shh.

ReputationRep:
    Who needs a flat when you have a BMW on finance eh?
    Funny thing is a flash car is more likely to get girls than a paid off flat

Welcome to 2015!

ReputationRep:
    Funny thing is a flash car is more likely to get girls than a paid off flat

Welcome to 2015!
    Not for me

ReputationRep:
    Not for me
    Well i have a paid off house and a normal car are you available for a date some time next week?

ReputationRep:
    My parents visited me at my flat this morning. They were in a bad mood - or at least my mum was. They started having a go at me about my spending and stuff.

They made some ludicrous point about how I am earning so I should be paying rent even though we agreed I was keeping their flat safe for them.

And then the unthinkable happened - they effectively kicked me out of the house. They are demanding that I pay £480 a month to live in their flat.

Just don't know what to think right now, feeling kinda numb.
    Seriously, you earn a lot more than the average Briton and possibly most of the users on this site. You posted a while back asking which colour BMW you should get like a pretentious **** and now you're moaning about having to pay rent LIKE A NORMAL human being.

Shut up and get over it you whiny b****

ReputationRep:
    what do your friends think of your situation?

ReputationRep:
    Well i have a paid off house and a normal car are you available for a date some time next week?
    Hey if I weren't in Germany why not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    How can parents kick their own son/daughter out of the house.

Gora Parents, I guess
    I've known more asian parents do it (and/or threaten it) than white parents, tbf.

Always about minor things too; 90% of the time it's cos of a white bf/gf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    More like Muslim parents
    Oh look, another idiot

ReputationRep:
    Hey if I weren't in Germany why not
    I will hold you to it

P.S she would of jumped in the car by now, sigh. *opens brochure for cars*

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.