Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why don't guys like girls who smoke? watch

Announcements

(Original post by VannR)
    In terms of health risks, a couple is not going to kill you, but the fact that she would still smell and taste of smoke would remain. A couple of weeks ago I took my first (and last) drag on a cigarette, and the taste was in my mouth of at least an hour.
    Yes exactly that's what I meant.

The taste doesnt kill you. Maybe the reason non smokers hate it so much is because the media promotes non smoking so heavily

(Original post by We'reAllMadHere)
    I honestly can't see a positive side to smoking.
    - It's unhealthy and has been linked to numerous illnesses, including cancer.
    - It smells/tastes disgusting, and results in the yellowing of nails and teeth etc.
    - It's harmful to others (secondhand smoke).
    - It speeds up the ageing process.
    - It's a huge waste of money.
    - It's an addiction.

If I see someone with a cigarette in their mouth, I instantly know two things:
    1. They have most/all of the traits I've just listed.
    2. They're stupid enough to choose those traits.

Definitely not lover material, in my opinion.
    On pretty much all those things you dont spend as much money or really hurt your health if you smoke occasionally, why is everyone missing those points in the OP

Good points:

-helps you stay thin/you get less hungry
    -looks cool
    -something to bond over if the other person smokes too
    -^especially in certain circles like musicians, goths etc.
    -looks sexy if you're a girl
    -feels good b/c of nicotine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes exactly that's what I meant.

The taste doesnt kill you. Maybe the reason non smokers hate it so much is because the media promotes non smoking so heavily
    Yes, of course it doesn't. Nevertheless, the taste and smell is absolutely horrid in my opinion.

(Original post by VannR)
    Yes, of course it doesn't. Nevertheless, the taste and smell is absolutely horrid in my opinion.
    Well thats your opinion fair enough but do you not think the media (government anti smoking campaigns) partly brainwashes people into disliking smoke?

(Original post by SmashConcept)
    stinky and gross and only dumbasses do it :yucky:
    I could post loads of 10/10 female celebs who smoke :rofl: boys are too funny

(Original post by 0123456543210)
    Neither fat nor stick thin girls appeal to me, I would say I prefer a girl with normal body i.e. not too fat and not too thin. Don't really care whether they smoke or not, maybe that's because I smoke too, but I know many guys who don't and still don't care about whether the girl they like smokes or not. Some guys even think it's a turn on when a girl smokes.
    The only turn off is when a girl has yellow teeth
    Exactly more guys should be like you :yep:

alexschmalex how can u not see that lots of girls smoke because THEY want to.. not peer pressure? Outside my goth/musician friends most people are closed minded about smokers

ReputationRep:
    I could post loads of 10/10 female celebs who smoke :rofl: boys are too funny
    well 10/10 female celebs are never dumbasses so i suppose you've got me there

well 10/10 female celebs are never dumbasses so i suppose you've got me there
    You said "gross". Do you find hot women gross? :facepalm:

is this blonde gross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe9pp9f9BqE

how about this brunette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6J68JpnuPs

ReputationRep:
    Well thats your opinion fair enough but do you not think the media (government anti smoking campaigns) partly brainwashes people into disliking smoke?
    The government anti-smoking campaigns exist for the sole purpose of getting people to stop smoking, if you can believe it. This is because smoking has a negative overall effect on a person's health. If you want to keep smoking, go ahead, but as far as I'm concerned, trying to defend smoking is the result of nothing more than nicotine addiction.

ReputationRep:
    Because it's disgusting and it makes you smell horrible

ReputationRep:
    You said "gross". Do you find hot women gross? :facepalm:

is this blonde gross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe9pp9f9BqE

how about this brunette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6J68JpnuPs
    didn't watch the videos but they'd be less stinky and gross if they didn't smoke that's my guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous;[url="tel:60489961")
    60489961[/url]]On pretty much all those things you dont spend as much money or really hurt your health if you smoke occasionally, why is everyone missing those points in the OP

Good points:

-helps you stay thin/you get less hungry
    -looks cool
    -something to bond over if the other person smokes too
    -^especially in certain circles like musicians, goths etc.
    -looks sexy if you're a girl
    -feels good b/c of nicotine
    Smoking is harmful even in small doses, to both your health and your bank account. They add up over time.

- You don't have to pour tar into your lungs to stay thin.
    - I don't think it looks cool; I have to hold my breath when I pass a smoker because I don't want to inhale the toxic fumes.
    - If both people in a relationship smoke, that's their choice. I just feel sorry for any future children they may have (secondhand smoke).
    - When I see a female smoker, I think "stupid" not "sexy".
    - You don't have to slowly kill yourself in order to feel good.

(Original post by loveleest)
    stick thin with no boobs? maybe the one odd guy does but most don't...
    They will when she's older (apparently according to some men 35 is old for a women) and all the women with breasts go saggy

ReputationRep:
    dunno to be honest
    http://36.media.tumblr.com/4f27686c3...c9f2o1_250.png
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHFCwgjWcAI34sa.jpg:large

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind if it's like one a day, although they'd be f*cking off outside to do it.

It'd still be a turn off though as it smells horrible and ruins you're health (if they smoke a lot) + it just seems a complete waste of money

ReputationRep:
    I smoke and I can see why it turns people off... it smells, it doesn't taste particularly pleasant, it's not a good indicator of 'good lifestyle choices', it's a chore when you're out and about and the smoker is popping outside every five minutes etc., etc.

ReputationRep:
    technically you have to slowly kill yourself to feel anything

didn't watch the videos but they'd be less stinky and gross if they didn't smoke that's my guess
    must be gay. they are lush :love:

im gonna wait for every other guy on the thread to click those vids and laugh at u. ha ha

Smoking is harmful even in small doses, to both your health and your bank account. They add up over time.

- You don't have to pour tar into your lungs to stay thin.
    - I don't think it looks cool; I have to hold my breath when I pass a smoker because I don't want to inhale the toxic fumes.
    - If both people in a relationship smoke, that's their choice. I just feel sorry for any future children they may have (secondhand smoke).
    - When I see a female smoker, I think "stupid" not "sexy".
    But barely harmful.. everything gives you cancer these days, and apparently meat is as bad as smoking. would you give up meat?

most guys find smoking a turn on actually :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Fair enuff if its about 40 a day but even the odd cig every day turns some pussies off :nope:

Why are some guys so fussy about girls who smoke? Don't say "health" because loads of fat girls have boyfriends. But guys would rather date a fat girl who doesn't smoke, than a stick thin one who does (and smoking helps u stay thin :yep:)
    Because smoking is dirty and unhygienic, just because someone is fat does not make them unhygienic. Smoking is disgusting and I certainly would not want to go out with someone who smoked.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 20, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.