Turn on thread page Beta
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    But I've used the library there many times and it was awesome I know a few students who go there and naah I'm not as smooth as that guy
    I'm sure there won't be any need for tears :console:and sure!
    If that's the case, then I might take up your offer when the time approaches :innocent:

Anyway, oops, I've derailed your poor phone thread :console: I'll leave it be

Good luck phone hunting!

ReputationRep:
    OP I would advise against buying a contract phone, its a rip off in any circumstance. Only if you know somebody working in a phone shop that can offer you a discount is when you should consider it. What I have currently is an Iphone 6 purchased pay as you go from the apple store and a sim only contract. It works out much cheaper believe me. The initial cost of the phone may be high but I can see myself using this phone for at least another year if not two. I dont see the point in upgrading yearly, unless you have the cash to splash or are just one of those eager tech geeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the terminator)
    OP I would advise against buying a contract phone, its a rip off in any circumstance. Only if you know somebody working in a phone shop that can offer you a discount is when you should consider it. What I have currently is an Iphone 6 purchased pay as you go from the apple store and a sim only contract. It works out much cheaper believe me. The initial cost of the phone may be high but I can see myself using this phone for at least another year if not two. I dont see the point in upgrading yearly, unless you have the cash to splash or are just one of those eager tech geeks!
    I agree man, I've looked at all companies and even those that give you 20% discount if a family member works in the NHS or something it's still way more expensive.. And the phones are never unlocked so I can't use the phone abroad I think I will save up a bit like you've said to buy the phone and just get a sim :/

ReputationRep:
    Be a real one and get the Sony Xepria Z5 premium.

ReputationRep:
    I'm making this thread because I need advice on which provider to go for, I'm currently with EE and have been for the last 2 years since they most probably exploited me in a crappy contract for the Iphone 5c. The contract has ended and they've messaged me about upgrading but I'm thinking of switching to another provider.

What would you advice if I'm looking for a new Iphone and some pretty good internet? I'm looking for a cheap option with a contract that doesn't last as long as a mortgage
    I'm on three. Generally they're pretty good. The customer service is great. Also quite cheap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    Be a real one and get the Sony Xepria Z5 premium.
    Man.. After I bought Xperia arc and it froze a lot and messed up I just got off Sony...

(Original post by Katty3)
    I'm on three. Generally they're pretty good. The customer service is great. Also quite cheap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was thinking about getting the sim card with three or O2, I like a few of their offers and they don't rip people off generally.

ReputationRep:
    This wouldn't happen if I had more gems

O M G SAME HERE??? My volume button is broken and I paid £50 to fix it and it broke again :rofl:

I was thinking of O2 but I was wondering about vodafone too... I didn't ask there because there was a billion people in the store
    For the love of god, don't go with vodafone. We finally switched to giffgaff in April after some issues with them and my mum still hasn't been able to unlock her phone afterwards (after countless visits to the store and calls to the helpdesk but to no avail - she actually had to buy a new phone). Looking at the forums on vodafone website revealed that many people had a similar problem.
    Giffgaff's been pretty good so far, are a lot cheaper but sadly I'm on pay as you go and don't own a smartphone so wouldn't be able to advise for your particular situation

TL;DR if you're looking to get screwed over again vodafone's your best bet. (Also they tend to have crappy signal)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightwoXd)
    For the love of god, don't go with vodafone. We finally switched to giffgaff in April after some issues with them and my mum still hasn't been able to unlock her phone afterwards (after countless visits to the store and calls to the helpdesk but to no avail - she actually had to buy a new phone). Looking at the forums on vodafone website revealed that many people had a similar problem.
    Giffgaff's been pretty good so far, are a lot cheaper but sadly I'm on pay as you go and don't own a smartphone so wouldn't be able to advise for your particular situation

TL;DR if you're looking to get screwed over again vodafone's your best bet. (Also they tend to have crappy signal)
    Thanks for the advice man! To be honest most firms in the telecommunications industry will most probably collude with each other and artificially raise prices to make supernormal profits. In this day and age it's exploit or be exploited

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice man! To be honest most firms in the telecommunications industry will most probably collude with each other and artificially raise prices to make supernormal profits. In this day and age it's exploit or be exploited
    No worries, just didn't want you to get into the same hole we did
    I know right, it's a bloody nightmare - wouldn't be surprised if the companies did that at all tbh. And if it's not prices, it's terrible customer service that gets you >_<
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Katty3)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I like to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightwoXd)
    No worries, just didn't want you to get into the same hole we did
    I know right, it's a bloody nightmare - wouldn't be surprised if the companies did that at all tbh. And if it's not prices, it's terrible customer service that gets you >_<
    The only reason they get away with this crap is because of how big they are.. They're international and monopolised the industry so they can pretty much mess with poor customers who have no proper alternatives but EE or some garbage like that... This industry needs regulating as soon as possible because I remember also at some point some punk from EE thought it would be ok to hang up on my face when I'm explaining something. It's fair to say I didn't let it slide

ReputationRep:
    Get a OnePlus One/two for about £200 off contract then get a sim-only contract for like £15 on three. Unlimited internet, like 500 minutes and 2000 texts. Cheaper in the long term and better than 99% of phones out there for the price. The network is also reliable, it's saved me many times.

And no, I'm not a three employee.

ReputationRep:
    The feedback I'm hearing about Three is looking Gucci. Why don't they merge Three and EE and change the name to "Four" and give Three the total Authority over EE. I will probably be looking at that £15 a month contract, unlimited internet sounds like the dream, almost too good to be true? Do they limit the internet at any point if you use it a lot??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    Erm, no...

The 6S was only released about a month and a half ago.
    I was told this by a rep at at&t...but it's not that far away, late 2016 rumors have it...

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...hone-7-1303990

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Deidre*)
    I was told this by a rep at at&t...but it's not that far away, late 2016 rumors have it...

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...hone-7-1303990
    AT&T? :lolwut:

Well, given a new iteration of the iPhone is released roughly every 12 months, telling OP to wait for the iPhone 7 when the iPhone 6S was released just over a month ago seems a bit silly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    AT&T? :lolwut:

Well, given a new iteration of the iPhone is released roughly every 12 months, telling OP to wait for the iPhone 7 when the iPhone 6S was released just over a month ago seems a bit silly...
    yes at&t

i was told that it was due to come out before year's end, and he told me this because i wanted to upgrade and he suggested i 'wait.'

ReputationRep:
    The feedback I'm hearing about Three is looking Gucci. Why don't they merge Three and EE and change the name to "Four" and give Three the total Authority over EE. I will probably be looking at that £15 a month contract, unlimited internet sounds like the dream, almost too good to be true? Do they limit the internet at any point if you use it a lot??
    I watch videos every single day on it, I haven't noticed any limiting at all or hardly any increase in the amount I pay (last month was £16).

ReputationRep:
    yes at&t

i was told that it was due to come out before year's end, and he told me this because i wanted to upgrade and he suggested i 'wait.'
    Before year's end? Yes, before next year's end...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sorry, but it's £17/month on a 12 month contract or £20/month on a 1 month rolling contract or pay as you go prepaid scheme. The prices went up a few months back.

200 mins, AYCE (unlimited) internet, AYCE texts

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    yes at&t

I highly doubt a US carrier employee knows bugger all about the release date of the next iPhone...

Apple are tight about information leaks - even though it happens infrequently - so much so that employees have to sign NDAs about these things before working there. All these rumours, are just that, rumours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.