Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

11th Nov: Who do you love? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I fall in love all the time or get lustful thoughts I don't distinguish as much as I should... Well one girl was pretty invigorating she had red hair and green eyes and that's about it!

ReputationRep:
    I've been in love and it was the best and worst experience i've ever had. Deep down i'd want to have that experience again (the good part of course), but i doubt i could ever love that much again.

And i don't love my family. Don't think anyone in my family loves anyone. I just really like them (sometimes) i guess

ReputationRep:
    My two younger brothers

ReputationRep:
    I would say I've definitely been in love and I'm still in love. I think love is impossible to measure though as everyone's idea of it is so different. Like, some people need sex in a relationship and some don't etc. I loved my boyfriend dearly but unfortunately I felt the need to call it off as his parents thought I was bringing him and his grades down. We both still love each other and I hope that one day we will be together when things are more simple. The thing with love and anything for that matter is that if it is right, then it will just happen. For example if the person you love hurts you or treats you badly then you are better off without them and should find someone who appreciates you. It's hard to let people go from your life but sometimes it has to be done. I've lost numerous friends because they weren't pulling their weight or making an effort within the friendship and I had to let them go. I still love them, care and think of memories about them but I believe that love has to be a two sided thing.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    I don't mind being part of the show!

Yes, I have been in love. And I still am love. With all of my family and my friends (whether they're male or female) that are all aorund me. Of course I want to be in love, and most importantly, I want to be loved by someone who will care for me and by someone who will cherish the love that I hope to give them. I, personally, am not ready to be in a relatioship and because of that, I am unfortunately in love with my schoolwork :/ I think of it as my partner and it will be there until I find the other human who will love me as much as I would love them
    Hey ravioliyears!

Great comment! Brilliant that you recognise that you love lots of people and things, but that you might not be ready just yet for the romantic kind of love - but that you do want it one day!

We'd love to have you on the show - thanks for letting us know Do you want to drop us a PM with your contact details, and one of the team can give you a call?

Thanks!

Ami @ The Surgery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    Hey ravioliyears!

Great comment! Brilliant that you recognise that you love lots of people and things, but that you might not be ready just yet for the romantic kind of love - but that you do want it one day!

We'd love to have you on the show - thanks for letting us know Do you want to drop us a PM with your contact details, and one of the team can give you a call?

Thanks!

Ami @ The Surgery
    Hi! When would you give the call? I'm currently really busy.

ReputationRep:
    I have never been in love, though of course I do love my family members.

Sometimes, hell even most of the time, I doubt whether I'll ever be in love. It seems like such an elusive feeling to me, one that I have never grasped now and will never grasp because despite dating girls I really liked, I never came close to it. Perhaps it's because I haven't found the right person, but I find myself entertaining, even if for a nano second, thoughts which tell me I'm the problem; that I'm just incapable of feeling that emotion. Maybe I don't have the right equipment, like a piece of a circuit board missing so my heart can't light up as it were. Maybe that piece takes the form of the 'right person'. Maybe not. Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    At only 15, coming up 16 I've never really been involved romantically. I don't count my first school relationship when I was 7 years old which lasted until I was 9 even though we kissed like twice and never really had a full conversation. Ah, those were the days.

Of course I get crushes because they're completely natural, I just don't make them obvious because why-oh-why do the people I get crushes on have to be people that are out of my league -> not in my friendship circles, not in any of my classes, way more popular than me. I find that in terms of crushes I tend o get attracted to guys with a sense of humor. However I don't count crushes as a romantic feeling.

In short, I care very strongly for my family, particularly for my two older brothers and two of my cousins who I find it very easy to get along with and have "banter" with without the worry of upsetting each other. I think I'll keep all my love for my family at the moment. I'm in Year 11 and I'm too busy for romance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Was in love once but as another user on this thread has said, it is extremely fragile
    Bazinga,was It Sheldon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shady2.0)
    Bazinga,was It Sheldon?
    Maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Maybe
    Haha it's a trap,what a remarkable young woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shady2.0)
    Haha it's a trap,what a remarkable young woman
    Erm thank you?

ReputationRep:
    Just need a girl to love me here just text me up

ReputationRep:
    ***** who do you love?!

:o:S

ReputationRep:
    I'm that *****, I'm that *****. Bank of America account got six figures.

I've barely had any crushes. I had this one HUGE crush back in Year 7, and it was only a crush and I have no clue why I still tend to think about him to this day. I did like someone in my year last year as well but it was more of an attraction and quickly died out anyway.

I'm in my last year of school and my friends were using that app, Tinder, and one night we were on it for some fun and I made one too for the sake of the fun. I used it again a few days later and got matched with a guy who I've been talking to for about a month now and we've already met a couple of times. We're still more in a friends stage, and I wouldn't say I love him, but there is something there, for me at least. I'm worried because I am going off to university in about 7 months in a different country and I'm afraid of getting too attached to him. I've always been completely dedicated to school and getting grades. It's a nice experience, different but I don't want to get hurt in the end.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry that I took so long to reply.

It makes me smile knowing that I reached someone. Thank you.
    I've messaged her several times through an app; I wished her a merry Christmas, a happy Easter, and good luck with her exams, but she never replied. I wanted to wish her a happy Halloween as well, but I was too frightened.
    I know she's doing well because she changed her profile picture; I wanted to compliment her but, at the same time, I don't want to bother her anymore than I already have.
    I keep hoping that I'll see her on the bus one day, not that I'd know what to do if she did appear. I'd probably stumble over my words like an idiot and make a mess of the situation. Haha!

Even if I never meet her again, I'll always think about her.
    Aw you poor child! It's so sad that yous have lost contact. I hope you find someone else in the future.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I wanted to say the L word to an Asian girl who I was falling in love long time ago, but I didn't it. It seemed to be too ridiculous and too soon to spite that word out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MJlover)
    My two younger brothers
    Oh man, that is so ambiguous. But as long as its just a platonic love in the sense of having a good relationship to your younger siblings, everything is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Oh man, that is so ambiguous. But as long as its just a platonic love in the sense of having a good relationship to your younger siblings, everything is fine.
    Lol, why would you think its anything else than family luv ?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.