Turn on thread page Beta

Are you for or against euthanasia? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you support Euthanasia?
    Yes
    67.77%
    No
    18.61%
    I don't have an opinion
    13.63%

ReputationRep:
    That's a stupidly worded question. I don't 'support' uthenasia, I don't want to encourage everyone to go out and do it! But I support the right to choose to be euthenised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    This is not a thread for the discussion of the pros and cons of Euthanasia. The OP is arguing against it and wanted help coming up with arguments.

If I remember GCSE RS correctly some of the objections we were taught were:

- If a person is in sufficient pain and suffering to want to end their life, it is likely they are not of a sufficiently sound mind to make the decision.

- Religious arguments (particularly weak since this is not a predominantly religious country so you would likely be torn apart on this, in my opinion).

- Others killing themselves might create a precedent that make some terminally ill people feel pressured into it.

- There is often sufficient palliative care available to allow people to die with dignity and minimal pain.

- It's arguably a violation of the Hippocratic oath.

- Potential for it to be taken advantage of by unscrupulous beneficiaries.

- Fear that voluntary euthanasia's legalisation could create a "slippery slope" leading towards involuntary euthanasia.
    I agree with all but the Hippocratic oath part, they have to provide the best course of treatment and attempt to heal, however, if the best course of treatment is euthanasia then theoretically there is nothing wrong with it

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.