Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Second lol
    Same coalition though - so it all blends into one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, third. You can't count that as one when there was a break.

Third time the charm? When will you retire?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)

The Supreme and Glorious Leader Ray has been blessed with immortality, he shall never retire.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)

Why third? There's the one at the beginning of last term and this one?

That's for me to know and you to find out.

Some good choices here.

Is the budget being delayed so heavily because of a relatively inactive chancellor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    Some good choices here.

Is the budget being delayed so heavily because of a relatively inactive chancellor?
    The budget is scheduled for the middle of the term to give us an adequate amount of time to prepare it. The Chancellors activity is not an issue.

(Original post by United1892)
    The budget is scheduled for the middle of the term to give us an adequate amount of time to prepare it. The Chancellors activity is not an issue.
    Ok.

Did both parties unanimously agree to abolish the DPM position?

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

Did both parties unanimously agree to abolish the DPM position?
    I believe so.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Some good choices here.

It's not a delay, a delay would be saying that we're going to release it at the end of the term. We've always said it would be mid-term and we've offered sufficient explanation for that decision.

(Original post by United1892)
    I believe so.
    Ok.

(Original post by James Milibanter)
    It's not a delay, a delay would be saying that we're going to release it at the end of the term. We've always said it would be mid-term and we've offered sufficient explanation for that decision.
    It's not a proper explanation though - it comes across a facade to hide inactivity of the chancellor.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

It's not a proper explanation though - it comes across a facade to hide inactivity of the chancellor.
    A midterm budget will allow us to base what our spending will be like on the motions, bills and proposals that we've already passed as a government. Say I have some plans that will cost £20bn a year, and I propose them after the budget has been released, it would make a large portion of the budget redundant.

A midterm budget will allow us to base what our spending will be like on the motions, bills and proposals that we've already passed as a government. Say I have some plans that will cost £20bn a year, and I propose them after the budget has been released, it would make a large portion of the budget redundant.
    A budget should outline all of your planned spending for the term, doing it in the middle of the term is pointless as you'd have already spent a lot of money.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    That's when we're going to have the Budget, that was always when we were going to have the Budget, it's got nothing to do with who the Chancellor is.

(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    That's when we're going to have the Budget, that was always when we were going to have the Budget, it's got nothing to do with who the Chancellor is.
    It's pointless having it so late in the term.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It's pointless having it so late in the term.
    Think of it as something to look forward to in the mid-term monotony.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    A budget should outline all of your planned spending for the term, doing it in the middle of the term is pointless as you'd have already spent a lot of money.
    Having it so early is pointless as we're not even sure how much we're going to be spending.

(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Think of it as something to look forward to in the mid-term monotony.
    The expectation shall be high, but with so much time to produce it i'm sure it'll be good.

Having it so early is pointless as we're not even sure how much we're going to be spending.
    That's why you collaborate to produce a budget, departments should try and estimate their required spending based on the ideas they have. A mid-term budget in conjunction with a proper one at the start would be better.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The expectation shall be high, but with so much time to produce it i'm sure it'll be good.
    There's a decent-enough brains' trust behind it so I sure hope it will.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's why you collaborate to produce a budget, departments should try and estimate their required spending based on the ideas they have. A mid-term budget in conjunction with a proper one at the start would be better.
    Then there's the chance to have two completely contradictory budgets.

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

It's been our position right from the start, literally from before the Chancellor had even been decided.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.