Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Arabs of TSR,do you guys watch musalsal? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Mal)
    lmao :nah: it is only common sense that light features means Eurocentric heritage, somewhere down the line. When you consider ancient nomads and migration from pure black tribes to Arab and Berber tribes to European clans and then more modern immigration and integration, you'll get the diversity within one group. So my point is that a light skinned anyone has European blood somewhere in them, no matter what ethnic group they are from. We can look at Indians, black people, East Africans and see the diversity in them, but when we see some light skinned people, is anyone going to try to claim that blacks and Indians and Somalians are now white, or always were that way? No of course not! So why do it with Arabs or Berbers in the African continent?! If someone in their group has light features it is obviously because in their specific family there are white genes. Not because fair features are a natural quality of their ethnicity. Duh. **And that is what Attics is saying.
    ...Bruh. You're saying pale east asians have european blood? Also, some caucasian peoples have had light skin (but not white) since before since waaaay before their ancestors' relatives migrated to Europe. Berbers are similar to the Saami people of Saapmi/Lappland because their ancestors diverged before going to Europe. They're a caucasian race, btw, but the core berber ancestors never touched Europe. The difference between them and the ancestors of non finno-ugaric (saami, finnish, lithuanian, etc) europeans is that their ancestors are descended from migrants to the middle east.

ReputationRep:
    kmt they all perished with grandma...can I pay you in samosa instead rude boy?
    Naah bruh pay me in $wag

ReputationRep:
    He's Arabic but he has Eurocentric features. He's nowhere as good looking as tanned, dark haired Arabs...he just looks like a regular white kid. Perhaps that he is technically Arab but looks white (come on, you know he looks white, hannah) is what makes him "exotic."
    Ofcourse he looks white to any normal person. He's actually Turkish,so I was kidding! But in Arabia,we have many people who look like this in the levant,like my country (Syria) and the surrounding country Lebanon,Jordan and even Palestine. Many blonde haired and blue eyed Arabs. They say levants are really Arabs,they are much more closely related to Europeans than to actual Arabs. I guess the same could be said about some Turkish people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Keep them for good luck and display them as a symbol of power
    Maybe in the olden days :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    ...Bruh. You're saying pale east asians have european blood? Also, some caucasian peoples have had light skin (but not white) since before since waaaay before their ancestors' relatives migrated to Europe. Berbers are similar to the Saami people of Saapmi/Lappland because their ancestors diverged before going to Europe. They're a caucasian race, btw, but the core berber ancestors never touched Europe. The difference between them and the ancestors of non finno-ugaric (saami, finnish, lithuanian, etc) europeans is that their ancestors are descended from migrants to the middle east.
    I nevrr even mentioned East Asians. If you understand the East Asian anthropology and ethnography please do tell.

I'm talking about a race of people where majority have very dark skin which is why I specifically said blacks, Indians... I never said the berbers touched Europe. I said European clans migrated.

Do you know of Iberians? They're the Irish with black hair. Did you know they're from Spain, and those nomads are from North Africa but those nomads are Vikings, hence the blond and red hair some Irish have? I didn't wanna get into it but that is a key example of whites venturing to Africa and Asia and affecting the look of some of the people. And those are the people that are hired to represent the country in media and politics, obviously. They get the fairest ones, in Arab community, Bollywood, latin America, East Asia...

that is bringing us back to, the Mohannad or whatever his name is whose photo someone posted earlier in the thread/a white looking guy-not even buff tbh-but technically Arab. And they are swooning over him. You should be defending me that he's not all that and they only like him because he's a fairer skinned/not a pure Arab. He didn't just fall out the sky pale. He has white genes. Anyone who is light, no matter their ethnicity, who is in a group where most people are dark, has Euro genes. Said and done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Ofcourse he looks white to any normal person. He's actually Turkish,so I was kidding! But in Arabia,we have many people who look like this in the levant,like my country (Syria) and the surrounding country Lebanon,Jordan and even Palestine. Many blonde haired and blue eyed Arabs. They say levants are really Arabs,they are much more closely related to Europeans than to actual Arabs. I guess the same could be said about some Turkish people
    "they?" anyway I've heard the opposite about the levantines being true pure arabs k

and yes there are Arabs with blond hair blue eyes, there are black Africans with the same, non albino. Does that mean that the black African race is not black. Dumb question because it is one. So it's the same with the braggarts of Arabs with blonde hair and blue eyes. I don't find it anything special because it's either genetic mutation/something wrong there :rofl: OR simply, white ancestry in that particular person, who cannot speak for nor represent Arabs. When you consider geography and history it is clear to see that Turkish and Syrians and Lebanese MIGHT have fairer features at a higher rate than others, however I've still seen dark ones.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just disgusted with the exaltation of Eurocentric looking Arabs and South Asians :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Ma shahadtu ayyi musalsal min zamaan, la kin habaitu musalsalaat hindiya

ReputationRep:
    I nevrr even mentioned East Asians. If you understand the East Asian anthropology and ethnography please do tell.

I'm talking about a race of people where majority have very dark skin which is why I specifically said blacks, Indians... I never said the berbers touched Europe. I said European clans migrated.

Do you know of Iberians? They're the Irish with black hair. Did you know they're from Spain, and those nomads are from North Africa but those nomads are Vikings, hence the blond and red hair some Irish have? I didn't wanna get into it but that is a key example of whites venturing to Africa and Asia and affecting the look of some of the people. And those are the people that are hired to represent the country in media and politics, obviously. They get the fairest ones, in Arab community, Bollywood, latin America, East Asia...

that is bringing us back to, the Mohannad or whatever his name is whose photo someone posted earlier in the thread/a white looking guy-not even buff tbh-but technically Arab. And they are swooning over him. You should be defending me that he's not all that and they only like him because he's a fairer skinned/not a pure Arab. He didn't just fall out the sky pale. He has white genes. Anyone who is light, no matter their ethnicity, who is in a group where most people are dark, has Euro genes. Said and done.
    I'm not disagreeing with you except for that last sentence. Firstly, if a white korean marries an indian and the kid has fair skin, I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean the kid's got euro genes.
    Secondly, 'european' isn't a race. Definining Europeans as a race doesn't make sense because the edges of Europe are defined by the influence of the roman catholic church at the time of the renaissance. The race you're looking for is caucasian, and not all caucasians are from europe, nor did any of their ancestors migrate from europe. Caucasian peoples from north africa and the caucases (western asia east of finland) can be pale skinned and light (but not blonde) haired with green or blue eyes. There is no evidence to say that the origin of the genes producing those phenotypes are european.

But yeah, this mohannad guy is probably one of those egyptians with 'turkish' ancestry that's actually Greek people who were culturally turkicised. He doesn't even look white amazigh to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    I'm not disagreeing with you except for that last sentence. Firstly, if a white korean marries an indian and the kid has fair skin, I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean the kid's got euro genes.
    Secondly, 'european' isn't a race. Definining Europeans as a race doesn't make sense because the edges of Europe are defined by the influence of the roman catholic church at the time of the renaissance. The race you're looking for is caucasian, and not all caucasians are from europe. Caucasian peoples from north africa and the caucases can be pale skinned and light (but not blonde) haired with green or blue eyes. There is no evidence to say that the origin of the genes producing those phenotypes are european.

But yeah, this mohannad guy is probably one of those egyptians with 'turkish' ancestry that's actually Greek people who were culturally turkicised. He doesn't even look white amazigh to me.
    Ok well aside from semantics you know what I meant by Europeans as a race. Even though I don't think I used such a blanket term as "European race."

Ok so about the Korean, I've seen nonwhite people mix with Asians and they rarely come out light skinned. :indiff: Also it's fair to say many Koreans off the TV look like Polynesians, they are big lipped, wavy haired and naturally tanned, more times than few. But obviously if I see someone who is fair and has a Korean parent I'd never say they have Euro genes? :facepalm: come on lol I'm not talking about, mixed race person with one parent like this and one parent like that anyway. I'm discussing the diversity from many ancestral lines within a whole ethnicity. And why one Arab has green eyes and light hair and light skin and the other has dark skin dark eyes dark hair. While both have Arab parents. The reason is, there is a white person. Not a Korean but I guess I get what you were trying to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Any of you guys into it? Recommend any good ones..
    Ahmed766
    iAre Teh Lejend
    serah.exe
    Hamoody96
    I'm upset you didn't quote me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Where are you from?
    Libya :ahee:

Population of only 6 million. We're a rare Arab pokemon.

ReputationRep:
    Ok well aside from semantics you know what I meant by Europeans as a race. Even though I don't think I used such a blanket term as "European race."

Ok so about the Korean, I've seen nonwhite people mix with Asians and they rarely come out light skinned. :indiff: Also it's fair to say many Koreans off the TV look like Polynesians, they are big lipped, wavy haired and naturally tanned, more times than few. But obviously if I see someone who is fair and has a Korean parent I'd never say they have Euro genes? :facepalm: come on lol I'm not talking about, mixed race person with one parent like this and one parent like that anyway. I'm discussing the diversity from many ancestral lines within a whole ethnicity. And why one Arab has green eyes and light hair and light skin and the other has dark skin dark eyes dark hair. While both have Arab parents. The reason is, there is a white person. Not a Korean but I guess I get what you were trying to do.
    Ok, if you're not talking about european but caucasian we're in agreement >.>

ReputationRep:
    Niice :ahee:

Gotta catch 'em all.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry I had to :rofl:
    Wbu?

Us Arabs are blessed with amazing looks. Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High Stakes)
    Libya :ahee:

Population of only 6 million. We're a rare Arab pokemon.
    Man colonel Gaddafi was funny :rofl:

Niice :ahee:

Gotta catch 'em all.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry I had to :rofl:
    where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Wait till I get elected. Simply. Wait. :smug:

Gaddafi is a past thing.

ReputationRep:

where are you from?
    she is ur egyptian soulm8

ReputationRep:
    Egypt fam.
    True :ahee:
    Egypt eh? Hehehehehehehehehehehe. Do you have dat Egyptian dialect when you speaky the Arabic?

Tbh I really like Egyptian movies. Very nais. I like Mohamed Heneidy's films.

Tbh do Egypt's got a massive population. Place is bursting with pplz.

ReputationRep:
    she is ur egyptian soulm8
    I have no soul bred.

ReputationRep:
    Noor and Mohammed was good!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.