Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    I just got an offer from Warwick about half an hour ago subject to AAA
    Anyone else heard?
    No, because, obviously, they refuse to respond

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Warwick for Law back in November and I still hadn't heard anything from them, I have since withdrawn my offer and accepted an unconditional for Lancaster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assan)
    Warwick, O Warwick, wherefore art thou Warwick?
    I withdrew my offer since Warwick doesnt seem to care about replying to prospective students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llew_Ch97)
    I withdrew my offer since Warwick doesnt seem to care about replying to prospective students
    I don't think that was a wise decision really... Bit arrogant because they reply when they are ready and who knows you may have got at offer

ReputationRep:
    Got one earlier this afternoon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuipdoe)
    I don't think that was a wise decision really... Bit arrogant because they reply when they are ready and who knows you may have got at offer
    I wouldn't say that it's arrogant at all. Warwick wasn't my first or second choice university and i'd received all my other offers for about 2 months, but i couldn't accept any since i had to wait for Warwick to reply. I got fed up and withdrew

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that it's arrogant at all. Warwick wasn't my first or second choice university and i'd received all my other offers for about 2 months, but i couldn't accept any since i had to wait for Warwick to reply. I got fed up and withdrew
    Completely right what you did. They're not even 30th in the league table for law lol, like who do they think they are taking longer than Oxbridge 😂

WELL DONE FOR NOT WAITING LIKE A ****. YOU ARE MY Student goals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trying to PassAS)
    Completely right what you did. They're not even 30th in the league table for law lol, like who do they think they are taking longer than Oxbridge 😂

WELL DONE FOR NOT WAITING LIKE A ****. YOU ARE MY Student goals
    Ahahahaha thanks! Where have you applied? And tbf i think Warwick was ranked 13th on some University Guides

ReputationRep:
    Ahahahaha thanks! Where have you applied? And tbf i think Warwick was ranked 13th on some University Guides
    Power to you I say!! I withdrew my place for Warwick after the most shocking and discriminating interview! I left utterly disgusted! It's good job I am somewhat a resilient woman! I too applied in October, they only contacted me a week ago! My other choices gave me offers with the week I applied, and my I add, all based soley on my academic ability (no interviews needed!)

34 year old married woman, 4 children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uni2016)
    Power to you I say!! I withdrew my place for Warwick after the most shocking and discriminating interview! I left utterly disgusted! It's good job I am somewhat a resilient woman! I too applied in October, they only contacted me a week ago! My other choices gave me offers with the week I applied, and my I add, all based soley on my academic ability (no interviews needed!)

34 year old married woman, 4 children.
    Where else did you apply? I don't necessarily hold it against Warwick that they never replied but other universities seem much more on top of things

ReputationRep:
    Where else did you apply? I don't necessarily hold it against Warwick that they never replied but other universities seem much more on top of things
    I totally understand what you are saying. I applied to the university of Birmingham, Cambridge and st Andrews

ReputationRep:
    I totally understand what you are saying. I applied to the university of Birmingham, Cambridge and st Andrews
    Fairplay, all Russell Group I believe

ReputationRep:
    I honestly do not care if they're 6th onward. If you're not top 5, respond before your applicant day aha. Just the generic law places for law lol, all red brick universities but let's see on results day when I fail where I get into lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trying to PassAS)
    I honestly do not care if they're 6th onward. If you're not top 5, respond before your applicant day aha. Just the generic law places for law lol, all red brick universities but let's see on results day when I fail where I get into lol
    Ahahaha well at least you're going into it with a positive attitude!

ReputationRep:
    While I really like the idea of Warwick's approach to law, and Law with SS, a) I haven't heard from them and b) it would be hard to turn down a two-year degree for a three-year one, given finances and my age (late twenties).

Waiting a bit longer, though.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer on Friday, after i almost gave up hope.

ReputationRep:
    Withdrew my application to Warwick after a shocking interview!
    what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboykay)
    Got an offer on Friday, after i almost gave up hope.
    Lol I still haven't heard anything. They had the cheek to send me an email on Monday that basically said "sorry this email isn't an offer but here's what we have to offer". It's a joke of a department

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I applied to 2 courses at Warwick: Economic studies and sustainable global development and straight economics.

Both have the exact requirement but I got rejected for straight economics. The requirement is 38 IB points and I'm predicted 41. I have also completed 3 weeks work experience at EY and 1 at PWC.

Can someone please tell me where I went wrong? (Got 9A*, 4A but 2Cs in Music and additional maths, A* in normal maths though).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreezo)
    Hi,

I applied to 2 courses at Warwick: Economic studies and sustainable global development and straight economics.

Both have the exact requirement but I got rejected for straight economics. The requirement is 38 IB points and I'm predicted 41. I have also completed 3 weeks work experience at EY and 1 at PWC.

Can someone please tell me where I went wrong? (Got 9A*, 4A but 2Cs in Music and additional maths, A* in normal maths though).
    It would be worth asking them because I honestly can't see where you went wrong

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.