Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nottingham GEM (A101) 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali.s1002)
    I emailed them and they told me to calculate my actual hours into working days... Whatever that means haha.

Attachment 481633
    Thanks for emailing them, lucky I hadn't uploaded it yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam__)
    Thanks for emailing them, lucky I hadn't uploaded it yet.
    This was the response I received which is slightly different?

'The total number is the number of days not necessarily the number of hours, i.e. a day can consist of 7 hours or 5 hours'

So I am putting down the days I turned up to the volunteering ie five Saturdays with four hours each would be five days. Very confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuceeeeeT)

'The total number is the number of days not necessarily the number of hours, i.e. a day can consist of 7 hours or 5 hours'

So I am putting down the days I turned up to the volunteering ie five Saturdays with four hours each would be five days. Very confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What the hell...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuceeeeeT)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Phew! That's what I did, seems reasonable enough. I don't think we should worry too much, guys, so long as they can gauge how much we've done, roughly.

ReputationRep:
    Luceeeet, I got a similar reply

"Should the ‘total duration’ cover the total number of days worked or the intermittent period over which it was carried out. I.e. If I had done 7 days of shadowing over the period of 30 days should I enter ‘7’ or ‘30’?Please enter 7days."

ReputationRep:
    Am i right in thinking we literally get 2 sentences to write about what we did? Or is this me being inept as using word?:/

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's what I'm getting too. I haven't counted all my words or characters but I have found it limited to about 2 sentences.

ReputationRep:
    When you fill it in, it caps your characters, was really frustrating having to adjust my lists just to finish off a word, it's done now....just for the waiting game 🙏🏻 pray I get an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia08)
    Am i right in thinking we literally get 2 sentences to write about what we did? Or is this me being inept as using word?:/
    I have just typed in bullet points. But yeah couldn't write much.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys - does anyone know the status of Nottingham A101 applications? I have received my interviews from St Georges and Swansea (Gamsat 60/64 + First) but have heard nothing from Nottingham. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matth78)
    Hi guys - does anyone know the status of Nottingham A101 applications? I have received my interviews from St Georges and Swansea (Gamsat 60/64 + First) but have heard nothing from Nottingham. Thoughts?
    You got a date for a SGUL interview, or just the email saying you can expect one?

Notts have sent out work experience forms to most people (I haven't got mine yet), but I think that's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    You got a date for a SGUL interview, or just the email saying you can expect one?

Notts have sent out work experience forms to most people (I haven't got mine yet), but I think that's it.
    I got just the two emails from SGUL saying essentially you had met the criteria and they would be in touch re interview dates. Swansea have given interview dates, but have heard nothing from Notts.

ReputationRep:
    I got just the two emails from SGUL saying essentially you had met the criteria and they would be in touch re interview dates. Swansea have given interview dates, but have heard nothing from Notts.
    If you met the GAMSAT requirement you should have recieved the work experience questionnaire. Maybe email Sarb and ask? I did and she said she'd contact me soon since I had to send a fee status form to confirm I'm a home student

ReputationRep:
    After you guys uploaded you work exp form, did you receive an email saying Notts had got it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia08)
    After you guys uploaded you work exp form, did you receive an email saying Notts had got it?
    Nope I haven't...

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't get anything, I keep logging back in to check it's still there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay just double checking, i hadn't messed up already! Now for the long wait...

ReputationRep:
    Finally received the work experience questionnaire! After a slightly scary email saying I hadn't completed it and they would assume I didn't wish to continue with my application.

Did you manage to get in contact with anyone at Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natha_Lite)
    Finally received the work experience questionnaire! After a slightly scary email saying I hadn't completed it and they would assume I didn't wish to continue with my application.

Did you manage to get in contact with anyone at Nottingham?
    Yeah I have spoken a few times with a guy called Matthew - really helpful. They simply forgot my application! Just as well I chased thanks to the reminders in here. I sent off my work experience form yesterday so I suppose we just wait and see now.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Just thought I'd wish you all the best of luck with the application process this year. I was in your place this time last year so I understand how difficult the whole process is. I started at Nottingham this year so just thought I'd let you know if you wanted to ask me any questions feel free to reply on this thread or private message me! :-)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.