The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to bar further refugees from entering Europe, given this situation. At least temporarily.

I don't know about banning Islam entirely. The way I see it is, the Muslim portion of the population is under enough suspicion that we don't want it to keep swelling faster than can be controlled. I'm not sure they're suspicious enough that you can ban the entire religion and deport everyone that worships it. I do support the measures already being taken against extremist interpretations of Islam, though.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like religion, and I especially dislike Islam. But as much as I dislike Islam, Muslims are still human beings, and I don't want to treat them as subhuman. However, we also can't afford to trust them completely.

I'm reminded of a Star Trek episode in which Captain Kirk was split into an evil side and a good side. Europe right now reminds me of that episode. The majority of Europeans have lost their evil side to the point that they can no longer take command and do what's necessary due to being overwhelmed with empathy for all. And others have gone to the opposite extreme and lost their good side to the point that they no longer have anything to moderate the more aggressive impulses.

Modern society is too sensitive. That much is true. But let's try not to regress to the point that we're more barbaric than people who lived 100 years ago. What's needed is that harsh pragmatism and selfishness that people have disavowed in favour of ever greater sensitivity to smaller and smaller issues in recent years. True strategic planning, cunning diplomacy... not concession after concession to some unattainable ideal that gets more destructive the closer you come to attaining it.
Reply 61
so a witness said a terrorist said allahu akbar
anyone can say allahu akbar that doesnt mean they are a muslim

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fidus Achates
Yes, this attack was clearly carried out by a bunch of Estonian ERASMUS students who got bored on a Friday night :rolleyes:

Stop talking utter tripe. This was clearly an Islamic attack, has been recognised as an Islamic attack and your nonsensical paragraph above is exactly that. Withdraw your head from your arse as you're as delusional as the morons who believe in this outdated 7th century backward ideology.

Prove it
Original post by ha27
have you ever heard of self-fulfilling prophecy?
those saying ban islam muslims should leave are causing muslims to feel you know what? if they think all of us are terrorists lets prove them right because they start to feel isolated as though no-one wants them around

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look, a terrorist sympathizer and apologist.
Original post by dozyrosie
Time to scrap the human rights charter, and set up concentration camps for suspected terrorists and their sympathisers, across the whole of Europe. Of course this is just fantasy, our mealy mouthed politicians will continue to appease the demands of these religious fanatics.

I can't tell if this is genuine or satire :s-smilie:
Original post by ha27
so a witness said a terrorist said allahu akbar
anyone can say allahu akbar that doesnt mean they are a muslim

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh so you're a troll. I wouldn't have replied to your first post if I knew.
Reply 66
Interesting
Original post by BaconandSauce
I know right. No matter what happens we should never stoop as low as Muslim countries.

We are of course much better than that.

Shots fired. (no pun intended).
Reply 68
Original post by De4thTh3K1d
Prove it

The French president just said it.
Reply 69
I think it's very possible to ban immigration from Muslim countries.
Reply 70
Original post by driftawaay
Look, a terrorist sympathizer and apologist.

no, no i dont sympathise
but have u ever thought about how muslims living in europe feel when theyre told islam should be banned and muslims should be kicked out? no i didnt think u would

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by driftawaay
Oh so you're a troll. I wouldn't have replied to your first post if I knew.

of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by De4thTh3K1d
Prove it

ISIS just said it was their attack.
Reply 73
Original post by ha27
no, no i dont sympathise
but have u ever thought about how muslims living in europe feel when theyre told islam should be banned and muslims should be kicked out? no i didnt think u would

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. It's like the old saying, you'll be damned if you do, you'll be damned if you don't.
My views are mixed. It's definitely time we review the numbers of Muslims we are letting into Europe because obviously, at this current rate, they aren't able to integrate properly. Terrorism is the extreme end of islam, but it's a spectrum, and you will find bigotry all over Europe. Muslims who, by my definition, aren't sexist or homophobic seem to be in a minority. Even if the terrorist attacks weren't happening, this would still be a big problem.

That being said, we need to tread very carefully. ISIS target Muslims who feel ostracised and victimised by their community. We need Muslims in our side to fight this, and we need them to be At a stage where they're willing to compromise and make changes to their religion. If it were up to me, I wouldn't compromise. There's a voice inside of me shouting 'ban islam' because in many ways, Islam has no place in the west. But we can't give the Muslims to the terrorists. That would make things worse.
Reply 75
JUST TAKE A SECOND TO UNDERSTAND THAT ISLAMIC STATE IS AGAINST EVERYONE INCLUDING MUSLIMS THEY BOMBED LEBANAN AND SYRIA TOO YESTERDAY AND THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS BUT ITS NEVER SHOWN MUSLIMS ARE VICTIMS TOO NOT ALL PART OF IS FGS

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by Ace123
After yet more terrible terror attacks in France is it time that Europe faces reality and bans Islam & muslim immigration to Europe, muslim attacks seems never ending, 9/11, 7/7, Lee Rigby, Madrid Bombings, Belgium attacks, Rotherham Abuse, Charlie Hebdo & now more attacks in Paris.

Secret Intelligence services in Europe should identify all the radical muslims, shove them into planes, take them back to their goddamn countries and BOMB them.
Original post by dozyrosie
Of course. You are probably thinking Nazi extermination camps or the original concentration camps of the Boer war, I am not.

No but Scrapping the human rights charter is a good idea? Pls explain
Reply 79
Original post by Student403
Banning over 1/5 of the world lol

Lol the stuff people come up with.

Latest

Trending

Trending