Turn on thread page Beta

is my boyfriend emotionally abusive? watch

ReputationRep:
    Cheating and lying are some of the worst forms of abuse. It's a complete lack of care of the others emotions. White lies not included of course but how would you imagine most people feel when cheated on? I don't know from personal experience but from seeing others I can tell it's not only unpleasant but in a marriage/long relationship it is a stigma on your partnership that WILL last for the rest of your life even if you manage to forget about it. I wouldn't say it's fair to someone to say they can't change but it's your risk to give them that chance to change.

I don't think him wanting you to stay with him rather than go out with your friends is unreasonable behaviour, I think him trying to control you to force you to stay with him and they way he's doing it is unreasonable. Still these problems are nothing compared to his past history of "walking over girls" & cheating on them, the first problem can be solved with trust. The second problem actually dissolves trust and makes it hard to believe people. If he expects you to do these things for him, he should be willing to do them for you too.

At the end of the day if you see no hope for the future nobody is going to be able to give to that hope and you have to leave him. The longer you leave it the more of your life you are wasting and when you finally do take the plunge you will wonder why you hadn't sooner.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2015
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.