Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tinder is only really for white male models... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Not really, if it helps anyone save their time by not using tinder and other such apps, then I will not have wasted my time.
    Get over yourself. You really think people don't know that anyway? It's blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain.

It's a colossal waste of time and energy.

Is your next test to determine what colour the sky is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Get over yourself. You really think people don't know that anyway? It's blindingly obvious to anyone with half a brain.

It's a colossal waste of time and energy.

Is your next test to determine what colour the sky is?
    Why is it that i see so many minority males on tinder then? No, you can **** off, you underestimate how ignorant some of these guys are.

I found my gf on Tinder

And im not a white male model... im not even white.. or a model for that matter. But i may have other skills...

ReputationRep:
    statistically white male is the highest preferred group on tinder which is hardly that surprising as it is evident in real life too. I agree, tinder is shallow as it encourages attractiveness over personality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebxnyxo)
    statistically white male is the highest preferred group on tinder which is hardly that surprising as it is evident in real life too. I agree, tinder is shallow as it encourages attractiveness over personality.
    Are you implying white men are the most attractive?

Although yeah this was a pointless exercise, I've seen data from other dating sites that shows white people tend to get the most matches. Most other races only get a few people from their own race matching with them, whereas every other race will match with whites.

ReputationRep:
    The country you decided to conduct this experiment in makes a big difference. UK (for the timebeing) is a majority white country so I don't see why these findings are so surprising.

ReputationRep:
    I love how offended people are getting by seeing this, white people are so defensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Are you implying white men are the most attractive?

Although yeah this was a pointless exercise, I've seen data from other dating sites that shows white people tend to get the most matches. Most other races only get a few people from their own race matching with them, whereas every other race will match with whites.
    No I'm not implying that white men are most attractive from my point of view but statistically they do get the most 'swipe rights' than any other race which raises the question of why.

Being a black girl myself, I have just been able to observe evidence of higher racial preference to white males more than any other race. However, there is now a growing increase of the amount of interracial relationships .

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not implying that white men are most attractive from my point of view but statistically they do get the most 'swipe rights' than any other race which raises the question of why.

Being a black girl myself, I have just been able to observe evidence of higher racial preference to white males more than any other race. However, there is now a growing increase of the amount of interracial relationships .
    That's more just being in a majority white society than white people actually being statistically more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that i see so many minority males on tinder then? No, you can **** off, you underestimate how ignorant some of these guys are.
    You're drawing the entirely wrong conclusion from your (highly unscientific) 'research'. That's what most people have the issue with.

Hence why you're wasting your time.

Everybody knows dating sites of all types brings out the shallowness in everyone.
    Everybody already knows that people show a greater preference for dating within their own race.

They're facts.

You're presenting it as though you're the first person to ever discover this. You're not.

ReputationRep:
    That's more just being in a majority white society than white people actually being statistically more attractive.
    I guess that's also true. But take the Asian population for example, there was that racial comment about 'all Asian people look the same'. whereas in fact due to there previously being a lack of Korean people in the UK for example, we hadn't developed a schema of Korean faces, however looking more into Korean media e.g dramas, music, fashion there are clear differences. Being in the UK and there being white people everywhere, on beauty adverts, modeld and magazine covers its not surprising that white/European features are voted by general consensus the most attractive on tinder as we have the schema for beauty being predominantly white.

Tinder just acts as a cover as people are able to dismiss other minority race males anonymously which is why I've come to hate it

ReputationRep:
    Well played OP. Tinder is dire, 95% of males shouldn't even go near it. Trust me, this is my area :dry: Consider alternative opportunities

ReputationRep:
    Did a bit of an experiment on Tinder. Used different images of male models from different races with 100 swipes to the right each.

The result was that the minority male models got virtually no matches. White male model got around 20-30 times more matches, with women from all races.

Obviously I will do the test a few more times because i am bored and also because I want to validate the results. I will put more pictures on of different male categories (e.g. average looking white male, average looking minority males) and see what happens.

I get a lot of right swipes on tinder and I'm not a white male...I think this is a race baiting thread.

ReputationRep:
    I guess that's also true. But take the Asian population for example, there was that racial comment about 'all Asian people look the same'. whereas in fact due to there previously being a lack of Korean people in the UK for example, we hadn't developed a schema of Korean faces, however looking more into Korean media e.g dramas, music, fashion there are clear differences. Being in the UK and there being white people everywhere, on beauty adverts, modeld and magazine covers its not surprising that white/European features are voted by general consensus the most attractive on tinder as we have the schema for beauty being predominantly white.

Tinder just acts as a cover as people are able to dismiss other minority race males anonymously which is why I've come to hate it
    That's also what I mean by white majority, the media and such are also dominated by it (not that it is a bad thing, it makes sense). Although I am not white myself growing up in an area where everyone is white, I also found white people more attractive except for few other members of other races that were generally publicly seen as attractive (Beyonce or those like her).

Then with your Korean example, as I watched Korean TV shows and music and started seeing the 'hype', I began to see some Korean girls as attractive as well.

I think, if you get enough people saying someone is attractive and you see it, you start just accepting it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    I get a lot of right swipes on tinder and I'm not a white male...I think this is a race baiting thread.
    That is anecdotal though, you might just be particularly attractive.

ReputationRep:
    That's also what I mean by white majority, the media and such are also dominated by it (not that it is a bad thing, it makes sense). Although I am not white myself growing up in an area where everyone is white, I also found white people more attractive except for few other members of other races that were generally publicly seen as attractive (Beyonce or those like her).

Then with your Korean example, as I watched Korean TV shows and music and started seeing the 'hype', I began to see some Korean girls as attractive as well.

I think, if you get enough people saying someone is attractive and you see it, you start just accepting it.
    Yeah I completely agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Well played OP. Tinder is dire, 95% of males shouldn't even go near it. Trust me, this is my area :dry: Consider alternative opportunities
    If you are physically attractive it might be a good way to make sexual partners

ReputationRep:
    That is anecdotal though, you might just be particularly attractive.
    Well thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_u_jelly)
    If you are physically attractive it might be a good way to make sexual partners
    Sure, as in a 9+/10 and mature looking. Otherwise seriously do not bother!

ReputationRep:
    http://postimg.org/gallery/2le8r0l5o/40d84b57/

Welcome to white male privilege... I am not posting their face pictures as I do not want to be sued. If I really want to release the photos, I will consult a legal professional.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.