The Student Room Group

Guys, what is your ideal height for a girl?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Black Cat
I find the modelling world interesting well at least the fashion not really the commercial part of it. You're right about the industry being superficial where you'd have to be at least 6'1 as a man or 5'10 for women to even qualify for modelling. That's not even half of the requirements that you need as race, build and another factors count towards whether you'll be a model or not.

Tell me about it I sometimes too struggle to find the correct sizes and like yourself was blessed with long limbs I used to be 30/34 in measurements for trousers/jeans and it has recently risen to 30/36. That's an unusual size for a guy as my waist is very slim and my legs are long and fairly skinny hence why I prefer to wear stretch skinnies. One good thing about it is that I only need to buy new jeans once a year or so, but finding them tends to be very difficult. I also have troubles finding formal wear as my build is slim and most suits tailored for men my height are for bigger men. I have to get my suits tailored so that it fits me properly which puts dents in my wallet :angry:

Talk about mismatches size 10 tops and size 14/16 jeans/trousers that must be hard to deal with, are you naturally big boned or slim and skinny like myself?

Both my parents are short surprisingly my height comes from my grandad on my dads side and thanks I love my height being 6'3 is pretty darn good :smile: would you date a man of my height or would you prefer someone taller?

I just find the modelling world toxic as well. I don't know. Their beauty "standards" and unhealthy looks don't really agree with what I consider healthy and beautiful :tongue:

Awww, you sound like my brother. He is about 6'1 and he has veeeeery long limbs, he is skinny too. He always needs his suits to be tailored and it costs lots of money. I remember I went with him to buy a suit for a wedding once, and it was an absolute nightmare. Tall people problems, right?

It's actually 10-12 for tops. Arms are long too! and no, I've never been the skinny type, more like curvy. If you touch my hips you can realise that the width is actually the bone. I am 6'0(1'83cm) and weight 75kg, so definetly not overweight, but not skinny either... and that's something I am happy about. I wouldn't like to imagine myself with thinner thighs! I think I am well proportionate. Still hate shopping tho :s-smilie:

Hah so your family skipped a height generation! mmm... like I said someone taller is a preference, but not a requirement. A man taller than me is a very well appreciated physical trait, but once you are taller than me I don't really mind how much to be honest. 6'3 is a pretty good height in my opinion! If only there were more around :borat:
(edited 8 years ago)
for those guys who are 6" and say 'up to 5"6'
this is v sad for us tallies lol

Spoiler

About waist height :sexface:
Original post by Amonute
I just find the modelling world toxic as well. I don't know. Their beauty "standards" and unhealthy looks don't really agree with what I consider healthy and beautiful :tongue:

Awww, you sound like my brother. He is about 6'1 and he has veeeeery long limbs, he is skinny too. He always needs his suits to be tailored and it costs lots of money. I remember I went with him to buy a suit for a wedding once, and it was an absolute nightmare. Tall people problems, right?

It's actually 10-12 for tops. Arms are long too! and no, I've never been the skinny type, more like curvy. If you touch my hips you can realise that the width is actually the bone. I am 6'0 and weight 75kg, so definetly not overweight, but not skinny either... and that's something I am happy about. I wouldn't like to imagine myself with thinner thighs! I think I am well proportionate. Still hate shopping tho :s-smilie:

Hah so your family skipped a height generation! mmm... like I said someone taller is a preference, but not a requirement. A man taller than me is a very well appreciated physical trait, but once you are taller than me I don't really mind how much to be honest. 6'3 is a pretty good height in my opinion! If only there were more around :borat:

I agree the modelling industry imposes some unrealistic standards in both men and women when it comes to beauty and as you said beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't believe in universal beauty standards. I find it sad how lot of people look up to these unrealistic even if it is nearly impossible to achieve for them we can't all be skinny.

Your brother must have the same ferrari esque metabolism it is a blessing and a curse at the same time keeps you slim and you can eat whatever what you like, but building muscle or increasing weight tends to be an absolute nightmare. I often go the gym but the biggest draw back for me is getting sufficient calories everyday.

Oops! my bad haha I wasn't trying insinuate anything just my lack of attention to detail shining through. I see so that means you're big boned I would assume that you're a mesomorph. I am an ectomorph people of this build are typically small boned, wrists, neck and tall. I weigh about 80kg which is fairly low weight for someone of my height, but it definitely due to the fact that I am small boned. It does make me look more ripped though. Well most of us men do love curvy ladies :colondollar:

Something like that my siblings are quite tall as well but I am the tallest so far, but my younger brother will probably end up being like 6'5. I like your mindset height shouldn't matter that much when it comes to attraction I think that were socially conditioned to think that it does. What do you think of men that are intimidated by your height, does that put you off? I've heard lot of stories about men feeling emasculated due to the fact that their girlfriend were taller than them.

There is plenty of us taller guys around, not many but we are out there! :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Prince_fancybum
Attachment not found

:confused: Picture didn't work.
Attachment not found
Original post by ellie0497
I don't need to read a GCSE biology textbook.

I was just curious.
Also, I already know why many girls prefer a taller guy.

I don't think men have a strong preference for height like women do. Actually some of us prefer tall girls 'cos legs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending