The Student Room Group

Corbyn win prompts paedophile to join Labour

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Howard
Well it is. Corbyn is hard left so naturally he's a magnet for other jurrassic leftovers from the 1980's. I'm surprised Arthur Scargill isn't trying to edge his way in.

I swear I've seen you praise the old hard left communists :indiff:
Original post by GoldenFang
I thought it was a disgrace they allowed him on stage, and I said so on Twitter. I never said that Corbyn was a paedophile, I was making a point about how he seemed to be attracting undesirables.

I'm sorry but it is absolutely not Corbyn's fault that a paedophile joined labour, no more so than it is cameron's fault a bully joined the tories.
It's silly at best to try and tie in things like child-sex abuse to a left or right standpoint, same with child abuse etc. These things are done by people all across the political spectrum and every party will have their fair share of undesirables joining them.
You can blame Corbyn for some things, but not this and its absurd to do so. The 'attracting undesirables' should be a claim based on political standpoint, he's hardly adopted a paedohphile friendly standpoint has he?
Please just concede this point.

Would you agree Galloway is an undesirable? And that Corbyn should have conclusively said he would not be welcome back rather than keeping the door open?

Corbyn has rejected him:
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2015/11/jeremy-corbyn-does-not-want-george-galloway-rejoin-says-labour-mp-dawn-butler

"No doubt George and I will come across each other somewhere . . . I thought the tactics he used against our candidate [Naz Shah] were appalling. I was quite shocked; it was appalling."

Galloway is an undesirable and your anger here should be at those on the right who are actually sharing a stage with him.

Galloway has appealed to the London hard left by claiming he is the true Corbynite candidate in the mayoral race, and in many ways he is justified in claiming that. He is the closest to Corbyn

Again, something you can't hold Corbyn accountable for, anymore so than you can hold Nigel Farage accountable for the fact Ian Brady supports UKIP. Galloway could well mean that in the way that he is an outsiders anti-establishment candidate, rather than that he and Corbyn are the same.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I swear I've seen you praise the old hard left communists :indiff:

I have indeed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending