The Student Room Group

Journey to becoming a physicist - year 11

Scroll to see replies

I am pretty sure you will end up as a physicist with that attitude!
Good luck!!! Keep reading around loads as well :smile:
Reply 61
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! 12A*s and an A, that's amazing! I hope I manage to get grades like that! Congratulations :biggrin: and thanks for the advice, that was really helpful :smile: How did you find the interview and what sorts of questions did they ask you? Thanks again:smile:
Reply 62
Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww thank you so much! That's really nice of you. I will give it my all to reach my goal. And yes, I really enjoy reading around physics, so I will surely be doing so. Thanks again :biggrin:
Original post by kennethdcharles
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow! 12A*s and an A, that's amazing! I hope I manage to get grades like that! Congratulations :biggrin: and thanks for the advice, that was really helpful :smile: How did you find the interview and what sorts of questions did they ask you? Thanks again:smile:

Thank you very much :biggrin: I'm still not sure how I managed so many A*s, I'm still pretty shocked when I think about it! For Physics, you get interviewed twice at the college you applied to, then once at another college. I found all of these three interviews ok, because the interviewers were so nice and had good senses of humour. I still felt like I had to keep being dragged through the questions, but now I know it's normal to need help and hints with the questions - after all, if they were easy then what's the point in asking them! I wasn't asked anything about myself really (I doubt they even read my personal statement to be honest :tongue:) from the moment I got in each room i was asked maths and physics questions, the kind you might find in the PAT tests but a little longer with more steps. And you're very welcome :smile: I'm glad to help!
Reply 64
Original post by Dino-unicorn
Thank you very much :biggrin: I'm still not sure how I managed so many A*s, I'm still pretty shocked when I think about it! For Physics, you get interviewed twice at the college you applied to, then once at another college. I found all of these three interviews ok, because the interviewers were so nice and had good senses of humour. I still felt like I had to keep being dragged through the questions, but now I know it's normal to need help and hints with the questions - after all, if they were easy then what's the point in asking them! I wasn't asked anything about myself really (I doubt they even read my personal statement to be honest :tongue:) from the moment I got in each room i was asked maths and physics questions, the kind you might find in the PAT tests but a little longer with more steps. And you're very welcome :smile: I'm glad to help!

I dream of getting an interview at Oxford! What uni are you going to?
well I have an offer for Oxford so (grades depending!) I'll be off there come October :biggrin: I think you'd be crazy to go through the application process of Oxford if you weren't going to put it as a firm choice!
Reply 66
Original post by Dino-unicorn
well I have an offer for Oxford so (grades depending!) I'll be off there come October :biggrin: I think you'd be crazy to go through the application process of Oxford if you weren't going to put it as a firm choice!

Congratulations once again! You are practically where I want to be in two years from now, which is awesome. I'm sure you will meet the offer, and like you said, why on Earth wouldn't you firm Oxford? Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 67
I thought I'd let you guys know what I got in my most recent mock exams, so you can see where I'm working at and where my revision is taking me:
Maths: A*
English Language: A*
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
French: A*
PE: A*
Geography: A*
R.S.: C (whoops)
Additional Maths: A

I really really really want to turn that C in RS to at least an A, that would make me really happy:biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Looks like you're right on track there! Congratulations on so many A*s! And don't worry too much about RS, one or two anomalies on your grades won't mean a thing. And I'm sure you will be in two years time. Pm me in the meantime if you have any questions
Reply 69
Well now that term has started I aim to post around 1-2 times per week. So far this week, apart from yesterday, procrastination has gotten the better of me, and I haven't been able to completely finish my revision. However I have vowed to start seriously, as my first exam is now in under 10 weeks! Today I plan to do some P7 and B7 notes, as well as some B3 flashcards. I also aim to do some further R.S revision on Discipleship (Mark's Gospel). Time to get serious and get off TSR :biggrin:
Well now that term has started I aim to post around 1-2 times per week. So far this week, apart from yesterday, procrastination has gotten the better of me, and I haven't been able to completely finish my revision. However I have vowed to start seriously, as my first exam is now in under 10 weeks! Today I plan to do some P7 and B7 notes, as well as some B3 flashcards. I also aim to do some further R.S revision on Discipleship (Mark's Gospel). Time to get serious and get off TSR :biggrin:

That last sentence... :smile: Good luck on your near impossible mission to escape TSR!
dont get too focused on oxford, you have a low chance of getting in
Reply 72
Original post by Ara8311a
That last sentence... :smile: Good luck on your near impossible mission to escape TSR!

Haha I know right:biggrin: Thanks :smile:
Reply 73
Update 5/3/16
This week has been quite productive, i must say. I have managed to keep up with my revision timetable, as well as get all homework out of the way. Today I aim to finish a geography past paper on natural hazards and finish my notes on chemistry c7.
Reply 74
Here is a copy of my revision timetable. :smile:
Reply 75
Today, like most weekends, was a bit mixed. I spent the whole morning at football and when I can back, I just procrastinated until about 4. I did a geography past paper on natural hazards (specimen paper 2010) and I also made some mind maps on the causes and effects of tectonic hazards (volcanoes and earthquakes). I wanted to do some maths but I simply couldn't be bothered :biggrin: So I spent the remainder of the evening on youtube and tsr :smile: Dur to my current workload, I will be updating less frequently, though I will still attempt to update at least twice a week. I hope that everyone is getting along fine with revision! Let's hope we can all beat procrastination. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 76
Unfortunately, after completing my mocks in Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics this week, I have lacked the motivation to actually continue to revise :frown: The Easter break is coming in good time though, and I hope to be able to revise thoroughly throughout. My first exam is approaching really quickly (3rd March!) I will update this soon when I get my mock results back :biggrin:
Reply 77
So, after watching some motivational success stories on youtube, I have now got all the motivation I need! I am currently working through my Additional Maths textbook, before moving on to my geography past paper homework on tourism. I'll be getting my mocks next week, so fingers crossed! :biggrin:
So, after watching some motivational success stories on youtube, I have now got all the motivation I need! I am currently working through my Additional Maths textbook, before moving on to my geography past paper homework on tourism. I'll be getting my mocks next week, so fingers crossed! :biggrin:

YouTube is perfect for motivation, until I get distracted. :smile: I'm sure your mock results will be fine. You're doing way more than most people! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway!:wink:
Reply 79
Original post by Ara8311a
YouTube is perfect for motivation, until I get distracted. :smile: I'm sure your mock results will be fine. You're doing way more than most people! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you anyway!:wink:

Aww thank you so much! I'm just hoping that I don't do worse than I did in my previous mocks! Youtube is usually fantastic for motivation... Until I get distracted. :biggrin: I need to keep disciplined. Thanks again :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending