Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys that are 6+ ft, what is your ideal height for a girl? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    GG, no re, I'm out of there!
    yeah I agree, a tall skinny guy has no chance over a short fat guy. But a tall fat guy would stomp a short fat guy, there is no competition there. Thats some life-death situation lol.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not arsed as long as she isn't taller than me. So being that I'm 6'2'', if I were going out with a 5'10'' girl she'd be limited to 4'' heels if we were out together

*is interested bc im 4"10*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    yeah I agree, a tall skinny guy has no chance over a short fat guy. But a tall fat guy would stomp a short fat guy, there is no competition there. Thats some life-death situation lol.
    Well, just saying, there's a reason in sports they fight based on weight and not height. Especially in the sports that allow grappling like MMA, or just the grappling sports themselves as short fighters tend to do better there with their relative strength/balance advantages.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    haa!!! yea, wana come do my uni work? fanks
    I mean, I definitely could. I can write undergrad essays for almost any non-STEM subject.

We can come to some arrangement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    I mean, I definitely could. I can write undergrad essays for almost any non-STEM subject.

We can come to some arrangement
    ha!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    depends - because reach (which is better with longer limbs) is a huge advantage in a fight. if you're hench af but you have short limbs, even landing a punch at all can be a challenge.
    It's very hard to knock someone out with a punch and in a non-boxing sort of scenario, be it mma or just street-fighting, the clinch advantages the shorter and stronger person - a shorter person of the same weight and same body fat % will be stronger due to greater muscle density, not to mention once you get inside a person's reach the shorter fighter can launch harder punches since they can fully extend their arm at a close range where their longer limbed foe cannot. Also, shorter fights generally have stronger necks and can take more punches therefore without getting knocked out. Because of all that a shorter, but equal weight fighter can often do well just bum-rushing the other fighter. In the pokemon games there's fire > grass > water > fire. In boxing there's the outer lanky fighters > fat sluggish fighters > short stock fighters > outer lanky fighters :P The fat sluggish fighters are generally the least skilled but just the strongest and biggest. It is raw weight that is influential so much in fighting. Weight gives you power. Shorter fighters of equal weight and body fat hit way harder than taller ones.

This doesn't apply to boxing because the clinch isn't allowed, there's no grappling at all and it's a ring where there are no nearby objects to trap your opponent behind.

I've had to learn the hard way how to deal with taller opponents being only 5'5 at 20 myself and over 90kg. However, there are definitely ways to deal with it IF THEY ARE THE SAME WEIGHT OR LIGHTER. If they are taller than you and heavier that's when you are ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    Well, just saying, there's a reason in sports they fight based on weight and not height. Especially in the sports that allow grappling like MMA, or just the grappling sports themselves as short fighters tend to do better there with their relative strength/balance advantages.
    Absolutely, but leaving trained fighters behind. The interaction between a tall Height and decent weight can determine whether an individual can win a fight.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'1, Indifferent to a girls height as long as it's not too extreme one way or the other.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'1"

Anyone from around 5'6" to 5'10" is perfect
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    ha!!

ReputationRep:
    are most of the guys on TSR 6'1? lmfao

ReputationRep:
    i like really short girls so they can suck my ****
    Spoiler:
    Show
    or normal height girls that dont mind kneeling

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, but leaving trained fighters behind. The interaction between a tall Height and decent weight can determine whether an individual can win a fight.
    Experience is mostly what it comes down to then. When I first started sparring properly I was **** against taller fighters simply because I was too scared of getting hit and so I could never maintain my range on them but they could me.

Now I've realised, mike tyson style, that as the shorter but stronger fighter you need to keep pressuring your opponent and always maintain your reach. If you lose it then don't commit hard and don't try to trade until you're in really tight. MMA helps a lot since you can clinch whereas in boxing it's ******** since they just hug you when you get too close for their liking and the ref breaks it p and now the short guy has to work on closing the distance again... >_>

If my opponent tries to made me move back I tilt my head back and either teep him muay thai style to the knee/belly, or I round-house kick whichever leg is at the front - if I can catch it mid air I will aim for the calf rather than the thigh and that usually knocks my opponent off balance so I can counter with a takedown or literally just kick them over with a side kick karate style.

Right now I find opponents above 6ft but my weight easier than opponents ~5'8 but my weight - those guys sitll have some reach advantage but it is much more difficult controlling them with kicks and grappling with them. Don't really find anyone shorter than me at my weight haha.

ReputationRep:
    Experience is mostly what it comes down to then. When I first started sparring properly I was **** against taller fighters simply because I was too scared of getting hit and so I could never maintain my range on them but they could me.

Now I've realised, mike tyson style, that as the shorter but stronger fighter you need to keep pressuring your opponent and always maintain your reach. If you lose it then don't commit hard and don't try to trade until you're in really tight. MMA helps a lot since you can clinch whereas in boxing it's ******** since they just hug you when you get too close for their liking and the ref breaks it p and now the short guy has to work on closing the distance again... >_>

If my opponent tries to made me move back I tilt my head back and either teep him muay thai style to the knee/belly, or I round-house kick whichever leg is at the front - if I can catch it mid air I will aim for the calf rather than the thigh and that usually knocks my opponent off balance so I can counter with a takedown or literally just kick them over with a side kick karate style.

Right now I find opponents above 6ft but my weight easier than opponents ~5'8 but my weight - those guys sitll have some reach advantage but it is much more difficult controlling them with kicks and grappling with them. Don't really find anyone shorter than me at my weight haha.
    Im curious, how long have you been training in MMA? I began Muay Thai like years back, but I decided to leave it, because I got hooked on studies and all that.

ReputationRep:
    Im curious, how long have you been training in MMA? I began Muay Thai like years back, but I decided to leave it, because I got hooked on studies and all that.
    9months, with my brother training formally at the gym 3 times a week and working pads for about 4hours a week, then a lot of conditioning. I train under Neil Hall who reffed for the UFC a few times, I think he still does tbh. He's a really good wrestling coach be that for grappling or on the ground. I love his catch-wrestling take on the ground-game, it catches a lot of BJJ fighters very off-guard, especially if we start from stand-up rather than rolling from the floor. West Yorkshire is awesome for martial arts gyms. We've got two of the best Muay Thai gyms outside of Thailand too in Bad Company Leeds and Kiatphontip Leeds.

I did shotokan karate for about 9years but it's pretty meh. Not full contact so it doesn't help much although some of the unorthodox striking does come in handy, especially the kicking techniques. Stances... not so much.

I done Muay Thai for a year before I started MMA too.

ReputationRep:
    5'1'' - 9''

ReputationRep:
    I'm astounded by how shallow this thread is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_20011)
    i like really short girls so they can suck my ****
    Haha! I laughed.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 5'5 amateur MMA fighter, but I weigh 14stone. Sure, taller folk have a reach advantage, but if they are 6'2 and 14stone when I kick them they go flying. If I low-kick their legs they fall over. In contrast they kick me and it doesn't hurt at all and I don't move, because my legs are so much thicker - just think of two pencils that weigh the same. One if twice as long but thinner, one is shorter but fatter. The fatter one is way harder to snap or move if you flick it. Hand striking obviously benefits them, but there are ways to play around it such as going for more body shots, leg/rib kicks and takedowns rather than headshot K0s - I have the stronger neck so generally am harder to knock out and to choke out. On the ground my shorter but thicker limbs are harder to break and manipulate. And of course when it comes to take-downs it is waaay easier for me to get under them for high crotch throws, leg takedowns, etc and my lower centre of gravity makes it very difficult for them to do a takedown on me, in fact leg takedowns become near impossible for them to do - squatting down for double/single legs takes way too long and sweeps just don't move me and I have the stronger chest so they probably don't want to clinch judo-style, although they will find it easier to manipulate the head which does help there.

If they're 6'2 and 18 stone however... GG, no re, I'm out of there!
    wait, you're 5'5'' and weigh 14 stone? what weight class do you fight at middleweight? pretty much any 5'5'' fighters who are elite fight at 125 lbs and 135 lbs, you're basically the same height as chad mendes and he's a featherweight and probably the shortest at that weight class

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.