Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

If a girl asks a guy out on a date and he says 'no', does that mean she ugly? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well actually the answer I got was 'I'm not sure', which is basically a no.

I feel really unattractive now I've lost all my confidence. I'm sure most straight, single guys wouldn't turn down a simple coffee/lunch date with a girl unless they thought she was ugly. I'll never do this again
    No, it doesn't mean you are ugly. Trust me, I've been through this a couple of times when I've asked dudes out, there could be a multitude of reasons:

1) Only looking for sex, not a relationship
    2) Already has a girlfriend
    3) May not find you attractive but that doesn't mean you are unattractive

Try not to loose perspective, allow yourself to mourn for a few days to get over the rejection but after that do not dwell on him. He's not worth it and there are loads of guys out there who would love to date you. Why get hung up on this one?

Move on and don't stay friends with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    This is pretty depressing tbh
    It is

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    nah - he was probably just not interested in your like that
    besides, he's only one person - even if he thought you were ugly, that doesn't mean everybody else does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    :hugs: Some people get really, really lucky.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVf9DDAWyic Bit soppy, but you get the idea.
    Dang I don't know whether to find that uplifting or depressing af.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    Dang I don't know whether to find that uplifting or depressing af.
    Me neither haha

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he just doesn't liker her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenarthra)
    SHOW HER a picture of you so i can see a picture of her thanks.
    I cant right now because Im at work but maybe later on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo1)
    That's not you I saw that guy on google images
    Lol, that is me.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Could be a number of reasons why they say no.

ReputationRep:
    Short answer: no.
    Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You're overthinking this. There could be many reasodns why he rejected you. Not everyone wants a relationship now.
    I know what you mean - but: I've heard it said that even if a man is not looking for a relationship that if someone good enough comes along he will make her his. Not sure how much truth there is in that but if I had a pound for every time a guy said 'I don't want a relationship' and then a month or so later finds the 'love of his life' I would probably have a fairly full purse

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Not necessarily.

It sucks, but you should give yourself some space between you and him.
    Yeah good idea. I'm going to pull away for a bit whilst I get my head sorted from this.

(Original post by Notorious AHIG)
    Emotionally speaking; You're beautiful, and the right guy is out there but you can't just rush into relationships. Chat to him on Facecunt and snapchat for a month or so, get to really know him, you will learn from this whether it is worth asking him. Learn what he likes and be those things. If you're lucky he will ask you but it takes patience. Trust me hunn, you'll get a great guy because you're a great girl and you deserve no less.

Wow, I got such an oestrogen rush from writing that soppy drivel I think I can feel my boobs developing.
    You're right I need to find someone who appreciates me but I can't rush it. Thanks for the 'soppy drivel' it gives me a little hope

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't, not always. I have turned down many girls simply because of X and Y, some really good looking also. Don't feel like your face defines you

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    No

Just because they say it could mean they are just not into you. They might be into somebody else. IF they don't find you attractive does not mean ugly, we have our preferences. We're all beautiful to somebody
    The only guys that find me pretty seem to be the ones already in a relationship Single guys don't seem to care for me.

ReputationRep:
    Let me get this straight.

A male, or anyone else for that matter, can't turn you down unless they think you're ugly? You can't think of any other issues? Lack of intelligence, education, kindness, general empathy, reason? Not to mention various comparability issues. Certain people don't want to be in a relationship. Furthermore, some people are homosexual, asexual and so on. Don't get me wrong - getting rejected doesn't diminish your value as a human being in any way, but there are numerous reasons for getting rejected and it often boils down to comparability issues.

ReputationRep:
    Well actually the answer I got was 'I'm not sure', which is basically a no.

I feel really unattractive now I've lost all my confidence. I'm sure most straight, single guys wouldn't turn down a simple coffee/lunch date with a girl unless they thought she was ugly. I'll never do this again
    show us a pic of yourself

(Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Yeah but you forgot to take into account

1. How many of those men are single
    2. How many of them are actually the right age (I assume the 3.5 billion men will include the elderly and children)
    3. How many of them are actually within travelling distance
    4. How many of them are the right sexual orientation?
    5. How many of them will actually be interested in OP
    6. How many of them will be able to communicate effectively with OP i.e. language barriers, may be deaf or blind etc
    I have thought about this to be honest... As in what is the number of men are actually available in my dating pool. I rarely get approached so I would say my dating pool is 0 men

(Original post by revisionbasher21)
    show us a pic of yourself
    What's that going to do though, constructively speaking? What are you planning to help fund toward some cosmetic surgery for me or something... I don't want another person adding to list of those who think I'm ugly.

ReputationRep:
    What's that going to do though, constructively speaking? What are you planning to help fund toward some cosmetic surgery for me or something... I don't want another person adding to list of those who think I'm ugly.
    Please just show us. WE WONT JUDGE YOU. or you can just PM me a picture of you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.