Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sciatic)
    Forget it lol.

I was asking if al rab is used for Jesus, God or Holy Ghost (Ruh-ul-Qudus) or only for God the Father alone? This is of utmost importance for me if and when I communicate with an Arabic speaking Christian.

I assume it is. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For God you can use the term Allah,so even if you're a Muslim communicating with an Arab Christian,it shouldn't be a problem at all. All Arab Christians understand what Allah is.
    God the father is al ab. When you're talking about the trinity in particular yes you should use al rab or and AllAh for God in general.

Does that make sense?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    I still maintain that is uncommon but carry on.
    You are a prime example of a mass media byproduct. There are millions of Arab christians.

ReputationRep:
    I still maintain that is uncommon but carry on. And as much as I dislike conflicting with you, I have never seen any of these Christian threads that you are known for lmao.
    Lol not much I can do about that then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    x
    Hi qb how is your arabic? In terms of speaking/reading/writing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-Qamar)
    Hi qb how is your arabic? In terms of speaking/reading/writing?
    I don't claim to be a pro as we mostly spoke English at home because my father was Italian but alhamdullilah it's improved a lot over the years

ReputationRep:
    I don't claim to be a pro as we mostly spoke English at home because my father was Italian but alhamdullilah it's improved a lot over the years
    Ah thats good. Mine is ok. I can understand everything and hold out for a good convo but i get stumped sometimes as my arabic isnt that great as ive been speaking english for the past 14 years.

ReputationRep:
    For God you can use the term Allah,so even if you're a Muslim communicating with an Arab Christian,it shouldn't be a problem at all. All Arab Christians understand what Allah is.
    God the father is al ab. When you're talking about the trinity in particular yes you should use al rab or and AllAh for God in general.

Does that make sense?
    Yes indeed :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah thats good. Mine is ok. I can understand everything and hold out for a good convo but i get stumped sometimes as my arabic isnt that great as ive been speaking english for the past 14 years.
    Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from?
    South Yemen
    Youre a shaami right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sciatic)
    Yes indeed :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Afwan habibi (if you're a guy)

ReputationRep:
    You are a prime example of a mass media byproduct. There are millions of Arab christians.
    I have never seen on IRL. Shoot me. Oh wait...

ReputationRep:
    South Yemen
    Youre a shaami right?
    Na'am! Bint shaammmmmmmmmm

Are you a houthi?

ReputationRep:
    i sometimes think what if i was living in Kuwait still?
    but then i get rid of those thoughts very quickly

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen on IRL. Shoot me. Oh wait...
    hahahahaha omg u r so funny.
    Na'am! Bint shaammmmmmmmmm

Are you a houthi?
    Hellll naaaaaaa, i am the polar opposite, call me the anti-houthi.

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha omg u r so funny.

Hellll naaaaaaa, i am the polar opposite, call me the anti-houthi.
    You're a sunni? I thought the houthi were from the south? Is it true they follow some weirded brand of Islam where incest is allowed?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, the South is the only place with 100% sunni population in the world. The houthis are actually from the very north of yemen. I havent heard that one but tbh i wouldnt be surprised if it was true, they are scum.
    Ah okay so houthis are shia? But Sunni and shi'ism is mostly the same apart from believing in Ali being the successor instead of abu Bakar and Omar and Othman?

ReputationRep:
    I will not be satisfied until the criminals who control the world are removed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MevMev)
    i sometimes think what if i was living in Kuwait still?
    but then i get rid of those thoughts very quickly
    Omg is it that bad? My friend has gone to Kuwait to each english

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay so houthis are shia? But Sunni and shi'ism is mostly the same apart from believing in Ali being the successor instead of abu Bakar and Omar and Othman?
    Well they are zaydis (half the north yemen population is not just the houthis) which is a branch of shia islam but closer in terms of actual religion to sunni islam. And look i'll save you the headache, dont bother with it (sunni/shia islam) as it will just confuse you.

ReputationRep:
    Well they are zaydis (half the north yemen population is not just the houthis) which is a branch of shia islam but closer in terms of actual religion to sunni islam. And look i'll save you the headache, dont bother with it (sunni/shia islam) as it will just confuse you.
    I have both Sunni and Shia friends!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.