Turn on thread page Beta

At the beginning of my relationship sex was basically the only thing I was there for. Then, after a couple of months, I started getting feelings and sex got even better. I think sex is a very important part of a relationship but it can't be the only reason to be with someone.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    At the beginning of my relationship sex was basically the only thing I was there for. Then, after a couple of months, I started getting feelings and sex got even better. I think sex is a very important part of a relationship but it can't be the only reason to be with someone.
    Interesting and fair enough, it'll be like friends with benefits than a relationship. Sex is great for reconnecting and showing more physical than verbal

ReputationRep:
    Extremely.

Though the chances of me finding someone with the same sex drive and interests is slim.

(Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Extremely.

Though the chances of me finding someone with the same sex drive and interests is slim.
    There are some, probably not ready for a relationship yet or you haven't found your fit yet..

ReputationRep:
    My relationship with my partner wasn't about sex at first, we got to know each other and also we were virgins, we were a year and half into our relationship before we had sex. We did it because we loved each other and the emotional connection we had. Our relationship now of four and half years is now a bit more about sex but as a part of our relationship because we love each other. For us it's always been more about the emotional connection than the physical act of sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not so important... Been with him for 6 months & haven't had sex at all.

ReputationRep:
    Extremely important - it's a deal-breaker for me. If a girl doesn't want to ****, she can get lost. These hoes ain't loyal, they rotate.

https://i.imgflip.com/8vbb0.jpg

Well, once we ensured that our sex is as safe as can be, at the beginning it would get as bad as three times a day when we saw each other haha. I caught up with his high and drive; didn't realise mine was big enough to do so. Now we usually do it once a day when we see each other, sometimes twice, sometimes not at all for three or four days, if we're stressed or something. Exam time =/= high sex drive.

Importance wise, I don't know? If one of us really wanted it and didn't get it, I think it would be damaging to our relationship, so I'm glad that's not a problem. So I suppose it is for that matter.

If he did not want to have sex with me very often, I'd be fine. If I didn't get cuddles and kisses, that'd be much much worse.

ReputationRep:
    At beginning, no
    Deeper you get, yes

(Original post by ckfeister)
    At beginning, no
    Deeper you get, yes
    But why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But why?
    Its making love than... not having sex for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, sex usually is a lot more important in the maintenance of a healthy relationship after you've been together for some time (unless you're asexual). This is because it's a very significant form of intimacy and a very important way of expressing passion and desire for each other. For a lot of couples, sex is the main form of intimacy (and intimacy is the key difference between platonic relationships and romantic/sexual relationships), so its not uncommon for insecurities and problems to develop within a relationship if the sex starts to dwindle in a one-sided way without the provision of an alternative form of intimacy. It's why people start to feel like "the passion is gone" or they're no longer desired when the only thing that's changed is how often they have sex.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty important imo. When my boyfriend and I got together we had sex all the time, but now it's less frequent as he has a much lower sex drive than me. It's not a factor which will make or break our relationship, but I secretly wish we had more sex.

Non existent sex is very important in my non existent relationship

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.