Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Well because of the new linear system it may be harder. First year exams don't count towards your final grades and are more now for uni decisions, not sure how it will work for new A level students. My year is the final one with all modular subjects and yes we could resit a test by signing for it, have to pay for each one. You will need to ask teachers when you get to 6th form about how it will change.
    Oh sorry, I meant GCSE exams. I asked it on here, since I thought A-level students would be more knowledgeable about it ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byaakun)
    Can you do resits like if you were (forced lol) to do a foundation paper on one of the real exams and passed it with a high C, could you do a resist with a higher tier to get a higher grade?
    How long would this take and stuff - if yes?

Just wondering, thanks.
    Hi,

In all honesty, I think it would be very dependent on your school as to what exams you can re-take. I was supposed to take a foundation paper in Maths, but I knew I could do much better, and spoke with my headteacher. He moved me to a better class where I could focus on the higher tier, and I did quite well considering the circumstances I was in. I am not sure how willing they will be to let you retake it regardless of your grade. If you did get below a C, you have to re-sit it in college anyway. You are probably a little late to try and get onto the higher tier papers, as students have usually been entered into the system by now with their tier, and information. It would probably be best to speak to your exams officer at school, to find out beter information, as dependent on what year you are in, etc. you may be able to re-sit. Just a little pre-warning in general, if you do fail one of your subjects, and you want to re-take them after you have finished at school, it can be extremely expensive as a private candidate. (I know this from my Science GCSE).

Let me know if you require any clarity (my writing is rather jumbled today), or have any other questions, I am happy to help as much as I can.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

It is surely very nice of you to help answering questions for prospective students who wish to apply to A Level. I want to study Economics, Business, Maths, Physics, and Further Maths at A Level as I wish to go into Investment Banking. Indeed, you said that you do Economics and that you can give a general insight of all subjects.

Is there anything you tell me about each of my courses which I want to partake?

Kind regards,
    Leo

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.