The Student Room Group

Judge refuses to cancel contract with producer Dr. Luke who allegedly raped Kesha

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Free Kurdistan
This website has such absurd opinions on women's rights.

There are times when contracts should not be lawful and being raped by your producer is clearly one of them, it's not like you sign your name and that's it, they own you.

How do you know she was raped?

She made an allegation, had no evidence to back it up and there is no way that her allegations would hold water in a court of law.

Thankfully we don't live in a world where all rape allegations are immediately assumed to be true (although we're moving towards that position at a worrying pace), because as soon as that is the case then we will also be living in a world where all alleged rapists are assumed to be guilty until proven innocent, which goes against one of the most important parts of our legal system.
Original post by mackemforever
How do you know she was raped?

She made an allegation, had no evidence to back it up and there is no way that her allegations would hold water in a court of law.

Thankfully we don't live in a world where all rape allegations are immediately assumed to be true (although we're moving towards that position at a worrying pace), because as soon as that is the case then we will also be living in a world where all alleged rapists are assumed to be guilty until proven innocent, which goes against one of the most important parts of our legal system.

As I explained a few posts up, Dr Luke is not on trial and if he were, I would support retain the view of innocent until proven guilty.
Original post by SmashConcept
I'm glad to see people are uncritically taking the side of the humble giant corporation in their brave legal battle against a bullying alleged rape victim.

There's a difference between having a brain and "uncritically taking a side".

One group of people are taking the victims side.

The other group of people are saying there's no proof, and are therefore taking no-one's side. You should practice reading more :wink:

Stating the obvious that there's no proof and therefore people need to stop jumping on the victims side, has nothing to do with picking sides. It's the exact opposite.
Reply 63
Original post by Good bloke
Shocking indeed! The lengths people will go to get out of a perfectly legal contract.

One wonders how she managed to work with this man for ten years if he did, indeed, rape her when she was 18, and why she has only now decided to do something about it. One also wonders why Sony's promise to let her work with another producer isn't good enough for her.

One begins to suspect she may just want to find a way out of her contract with Sony, and the alleged rape and ill treatment (the evidence for which was criticised by the judge as too vague) is the only thing she can think of.

Mind you, one also wonders why the producer doesn't sue for libel.

Someone finally said it.

So many people seem to think that they know better than a judge who has seen all the evidence, heard all the details and has come to the conclusion that there is simply not enough proof that the allegations are true.
No I don't and I will admit this.

I have not studied the case, but I have human empathy and I dislike how TSR virgin boys are using this as fuel for their woman hating agenda, rather than admitting they don't have the first clue, whilst accepting that protection of the victims of sex crime is more important than profit.

You seem to insult everyone else a lot yet you seem to be the one misinformed.

Strangely hilarious watching you moan though so do continue.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
You seem to insult everyone else a lot yet you seem to be the one misinformed.

Strangely hilarious watching you moan though so do continue.

If the virgin boys posting here can show their American Law degrees, I'll shut up.
Reply 66
If the virgin boys posting here can show their American Law degrees, I'll shut up.

The American legal system in most states and many other countries is similar to how it is in the uk.
And you seem to insult anyone who doesn't agree with your logic and seeing as you think you are right use the American legal system to show us how you are.
(edited 8 years ago)

Oh I get it, you're a troll :lol:

Sorry I realised earlier I was just hoping you'd begin to backtrack and keep your "genuinity" to others but I guess not. Bad troll imo.
As I explained a few posts up, Dr Luke is not on trial and if he were, I would support retain the view of innocent until proven guilty.

So why should she be allowed to break her contract based on an unfounded accusation?
Reply 69
"Luke, you are the father"
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Because he signed the contract as a minor, it's already towards the end of his contract, and he's still working under the same labels.

Kesha signed the contracted as an adult, it's still quite early into her contract, and she doesn't want to work under the same label.

When did she sign her contract?
wow
Original post by Good bloke
When did she sign her contract?

2005, but I believe it was an album-based one. She has released only two albums; One Direction have released five (four by the time of Malik's departure) - two completely different situations.
His intent is pretty obviously to represent Kesha. The allegations regarding Kesha are coming from Kesha and her family as far as anything I've read goes.

Unless you're saying that allegations about Kesha being raped are coming from her lawyer... in which case you should present some of that "evidence" you are always so enthusiastic about.

Oh lookey here.
Reply 74

It looks like She has committed perjury in one of the 2 cases.
Doubt she will be charged with it though.
Original post by joecphillips
It looks like She has committed perjury in one of the 2 cases.
Doubt she will be charged with it though.

Not a chance.

I'm aware of that. It had nothing to do with my post.
I'm aware of that. It had nothing to do with my post.

She has lied somewhere, still back her case?
Original post by DiddyDec
She has lied somewhere, still back her case?

I have never "backed her case."
I have never "backed her case."

You were pretty adamantly defending it.

Quick Reply