The Student Room Group

Israel VS Gaza?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thunder_chunky

Doesn't stop them sitting in those chairs. Or sitting on the laps of the people sitting on those chairs rather than trying to muscle in on the chair belonging rightfully to the chosen people.

So next time you're on the beach in a chair, it's OK for someone to just come up, proclaim God chose them to sit in that chair, and throw you out, and then tell you to go and sit on someone else's knee?
Original post by anarchism101
So next time you're on the beach in a chair, it's OK for someone to just come up, proclaim God chose them to sit in that chair, and throw you out, and then tell you to go and sit on someone else's knee?

If they have a genuine claim to it, which the chosen people do.

funny that when you support the scum terrorist country that is Saudi who screw Palestinians
(edited 8 years ago)

lol scums like you who bring in sectors did i mention sunni or shia? you kurd

and lol everything you linked is speculation, at least the great Iran and Hezbollah have DONE something physical in helping Hamas, they've lost lives for it, what have Saudi done except become allies to Israels friends
Original post by Satoshii

and lol everything you linked is speculation, at least the great Iran and Hezbollah have DONE something physical in helping Hamas, they've lost lives for it, what have Saudi done except become allies to Israels friends

I'm not even Kurdish, bloody hell
Original post by Free Kurdistan

For me it's more a concern of public reaction, as a parallel example I don't actually think Saudi Arabia is a moral place at all, but a couple of months ago, huge numbers of bored middle class Europeans following their spiritual king, Owen Jones suddenly decided it was time for a crusade against the head of global terrorism, even though most of them probably didn't even know what a salafi was this time last year.

this seems to be diverging from your point...

i think what you are saying is that whilst israel has acted contrarily to international law, other nations have similarly done so yet israel's public image is disproportionately affected by this

The last bit I do accept, the West clearly has a massive agenda against the Russians and destabilising Assad was quite clearly a part of this, but again, I don't think this reflects what the average Brit feels about the Russians, rather a lot seem to think Putin is a hero.

The original point you were arguing is that international law is not applied equally (re: Israel/Russia), that example does prove your point; but not in the way you intended. I'm not really sure of the relevance of public opinion on that.

What do you class as a 'genuine claim'?

I don't know if you're calling them 'the chosen people' sarcastically, are a Jew or a crazy retarded Christian?
Original post by Callous Twits
this seems to be diverging from your point...

i think what you are saying is that whilst israel has acted contrarily to international law, other nations have similarly done so yet israel's public image is disproportionately affected by this

The original point you were arguing is that international law is not applied equally (re: Israel/Russia), that example does prove your point; but not in the way you intended. I'm not really sure of the relevance of public opinion on that.

The last bit is true, I do accept the West has strongly pushed the Russia is breaking international law argument when they don't apply that same standard to Israel and Saudi Arabia
Original post by 4Skin
I don't know if you're calling them 'the chosen people' sarcastically, are a Jew or a crazy retarded Christian?

None of the above.
Original post by Free Kurdistan
The last bit is true, I do accept the West has strongly pushed the Russia is breaking international law argument when they don't apply that same standard to Israel and Saudi Arabia

So what was the point in invoking Crimea as an example of the inconsistency of how international law is applied (unfavourably to Israel, in your contention)?

iran's support for hamas is disgusting, i agree.
Original post by Oblivion99
This is so true! What people fail to comprehend is that segments of Palestine were actually distributed to that of Jordan/Syria/Lebanon :P

No segment of Palestine was 'distributed to Jordan?Syria?Lebanon?'. I can only assume, at a stretch what you might have been referring to.

a) Jordan did occupy the territory of the West bank from 1948 (upon the establishment of Israel, itself wrongly annexing Palestinian land) until 1967 where this territory was gained by Israel.Being post 1948, this is irrelevant to your point.

b) The Golan heights, a Syrian territory (which also borders Lebanon) was occupied by Israel in the 1967 war, as was the Egyptian Sinai Peninsula. This has nothing to do with the original land of Palestine. Again, being post 1948, irrelevant.

b) Alternatively you are referring to the to the large number of Palestinians made refugees and forced to flee to these countriesUpon the establishment of the state of Israel 1948 (Nakba) and the 1967 expansion of Israel (Naksa). A population totalling millions remain today, many living in refugee camps - despite obviously maintaining their status as Palestinians, by birth right and also international law concerning refugee right of return. This is not 'segments being transferred'

hence the British Mandate

The British mandate was a system of colonial administration of the entire region, there is no 'hence the British mandate' as a result of some sort of carving up of the region, which I guess you meant renders the territorial status of Palestine and thus Palestinians claim to the land as illegitimate. This much is obvious from a mere glance at the UN Partition Plan which divided, you guessed it, the entire state of Palestine made claim to, which had until that time been under British rule (shown on several pages of the forum, for your convenience). FYI, colonial government does not make a region lacking in its own independent character of a state. Palestine under Ottoman rule, Palestine under the British mandate was still Palestine. Palestinians remained Palestinians.
the formation of Israel was only due to the high concentration of Jews in Palestine

At the time of the establishment of Israel (1947) Jews in Palestine constituted approximately 1/3 of the population, owning 10% of the land (liberal statistic) - how is this a high enough concentration to justify crushing the majority indigenous population? The majority of the land that was owned and the population that was there was a result of the campaign of the zionist movement, seeking intentionally to colonise the land for the purpose of a Jewish state. I think there is a large immigrant community in Birmingham, perhaps even the entire Uk if you're setting the benchmark at a mere 1/3 - shall we just give it to them then? By your logic I have to agree I most certainly have to agree they deserve it :smile: A small population of muslim immigrants in no coordinated effort I might add, is enough to justify great hoo-ha from the British about a take-over, so why is no critique levelled at a verified instance of intentional overthrow.

[QUOTE="thunder_chunky;62888629"]
As per the picture, how does multiple ethnically Arab states give reason for the eradication of the territorial integrity, ethnic and cultural character of a separate, independent state? By this very idiotic reasoning, I might take Norway or maybe even France for my own, considering the vast spread of white european countries surrounding those states and then tell them that Britain's 'close enough' lol. I love that this forum has a problem with the Crimea's territorial integrity being violated, despite a high Russian population and the fact it used to be part of the nation, but when it comes to the wretched Arabs, forget sovereignty! its all the same! Merge it up!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Camoron
Apart from the 40s that is false data and more of the terrorist propaganda machine

How is this false propaganda? Nice way to avoid a critical engagement with the truth :smile:

The most recent picture displayed shows the land as it stands post Oslo (1993) and is quite accurate. The West bank was divided into areas A,B and C, as part of the 'Interim Peace agreement' concluded at both Oslo 1 and 2. Areas A and B together composite approximately 40% of the territory. It should be noted that Palestinian control merely denotes control under the framework of occupation - limited to security and admin)

Area C, currently comprising approx 66%, of the West Bank, was supposed to be transferred to Palestinian control as part of the third stage outlined by the interim agreement to make way for 'Palestinian autonomy' within 5 years but as of 2016, still has not been and remains under full Israeli control.

If you are referring to the lack of territorial contiguity on the West Bank this is a result of areas A and B being subdivided into 165 separate units of land. Area C (controlled by Israel) on the other hand is completely territorial contiguous. Is this clear imbalance something you would like to comment on, or do you stick exclusively to empty rhetoric?

The last displayed Palestinian area on the map is obviously Gaza which has mostly full Palestinian control, only after the 2005 Gaza Disengagement.

We must also consider settlement expansion occurring between 2000-2016, (fully verifiable before you shout fabrication), reducing Palestinian land further.

Spoiler

What part of this exactly do you refute as false?

Spoiler

Reply 76
Original post by Onlyme123B
How is this false propaganda? Nice way to avoid a critical engagement with the truth :smile:

The most recent picture displayed shows the land as it stands post Oslo (1993) and is quite accurate. The West bank was divided into areas A,B and C, as part of the 'Interim Peace agreement' concluded at both Oslo 1 and 2. Areas A and B together composite approximately 40% of the territory. It should be noted that Palestinian control merely denotes control under the framework of occupation - limited to security and admin)

Area C, currently comprising approx 66%, of the West Bank, was supposed to be transferred to Palestinian control as part of the third stage outlined by the interim agreement to make way for 'Palestinian autonomy' within 5 years but as of 2016, still has not been and remains under full Israeli control.

If you are referring to the lack of territorial contiguity on the West Bank this is a result of areas A and B being subdivided into 165 separate units of land. Area C (controlled by Israel) on the other hand is completely territorial contiguous. Is this clear imbalance something you would like to comment on, or do you stick exclusively to empty rhetoric?

The last displayed Palestinian area on the map is obviously Gaza which has mostly full Palestinian control, only after the 2005 Gaza Disengagement.

We must also consider settlement expansion occurring between 2000-2016, (fully verifiable before you shout fabrication), reducing Palestinian land further.

Spoiler

What part of this exactly do you refute as false?

The borders after 1950 are all wrong, Palestine still has those borders. It's internationally recognised so what are you on about?
Original post by Callous Twits
dont change the subject :erm:

I assume you're being sarcastic.....

lol I knew wouldn't be long before you showed your true colours :h:
Reply 79
funny that when you support the scum terrorist country that is Saudi who screw Palestinians

you again?! i dont follow everything of saudi so chill the hell out. i simply follow the Islamic concept that there is no bidah done here. please stop quoting me your really doing my head in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending