Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

cheating on ISAs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brada033)
    Oh yes I was the same but I had the time limit
    Our school are obsessed with boosting the schools GCSE and A level results up so I guess all this was for that. I never knew anything about any rules as I did did as my teachers said.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I can see where you're coming from, but I think you're taking it too personally for one reason or another (I don't think this is your first thread on the topic either). You must remember that there are loads of different people trying to do it rather than a few repeat offenders (though there are probably some of those around). I have reported them in the past and the posts do get removed, if you want, do that, or don't click on the threads at all if it is too upsetting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PLL+GG28)
    :eek: woww phones in an exam, tut tut. Some people are just too lazy
    I know. It upsets my quite a lot that people get away with that actually, because I work so hard to get my good grades whilst battling panic attacks and anxiety (I actually had to go out of the class at the time of my first biology ISA for around 10 minutes just to calm down), where as other people get grades just as good as mine and cheat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PLL+GG28)
    Yh I deleted my comment since it posted too late.

Wow didn't realise people cheated to that extent. That doesn't sound fair at all for the schools that have to actually follow the rules. I'm pretty sure most coursework is getting scrapped for the new course. I guess that's a good thing because there was way too much cheating involved.
    This. I was aware cheating took place to some extent and did so in my school since the teachers went over the first section however the second (applied section) was left to us.

But I think the school over did it.. Seriously no time constraints?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    You realised that you and your school violated all of the rules and have nothing to say. I think it's fair to say that your arguments are weak.
    I never knew any rules I just did as my teacher instructed me to and I have realised there have been violations reading AQA guidelines. I can't really do anything about it and have the A*AA anyway so see no point in cribbing about the guidelines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    Our school are obsessed with boosting the schools GCSE and A level results up so I guess all this was for that. I never knew anything about any rules as I did did as my teachers said.
    This was not your fault then, but rather the school's. I do not believe that you have done anything wrong as all you were doing was following your teacher's instructions. Its just a shame that they did that.

ReputationRep:
    This was not your fault then, but rather the school's. I do not believe that you have done anything wrong as all you were doing was following your teacher's instructions. Its just a shame that they did that.
    Whatever I have the A*AA but reading the guidelines I do realise that this should have not happened but it has and nothing can be done about it.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever I have the A*AA but reading the guidelines I do realise that this should have not happened but it has and nothing can be done about it.
    Oh no I agree completely, and congratulations on your grades by the way!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I agree completely, and congratulations on your grades by the way!
    Thank you and congrats on your A* in Biology as well.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you and congrats on your A* in Biology as well.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The ISA's are a easy 25% of Marks and on the ISA's I got A* Biology, A Chemistry and A Physics. All of you ISA haters shut up because they are gonna be lifesavers when it comes to exams because you can get away with messing things up a little bit because you have those 25% of marks.
    How are they easy? I got my worst marks on my a-level ISA's and my best on the rest of the exams. Idk why :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    How are they easy? I got my worst marks on my a-level ISA's and my best on the rest of the exams. Idk why :rofl:
    this is about the GCSE ISAs
    Don't worry, I've heard the a level ones are terrible

ReputationRep:
    I found them easy due to teachers helping me and no time restrictions with the papers.

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying because cheating still happens on them aswell So you get people coming out with A's on them too when really people should be getting D's and the like

ReputationRep:
    I found them easy due to teachers helping me and no time restrictions with the papers.
    That's so annoying, how is this right?

ReputationRep:
    That's so annoying, how is this right?
    It is right.

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying because cheating still happens on them aswell So you get people coming out with A's on them too when really people should be getting D's and the like
    sounds great what's worse is when you actually put effort in and revise, and somebody cheats and does better than you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    your post fits excellently with your username

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God it never occurred to me that I would have to do ISAs at A-level (I'm doing 2 sciences). Now I'm scared!

ReputationRep:
    It is right.
    In what way is cheating right? You have an interesting idea of what constitutes as right

sounds great what's worse is when you actually put effort in and revise, and somebody cheats and does better than you
    Spoiler:
    Show
    your post fits excellently with your username
    I just don't understand how AQA has not addressed this issue yet, if even they are aware of it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm not usually angry; but cheating gets my back up

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God it never occurred to me that I would have to do ISAs at A-level (I'm doing 2 sciences). Now I'm scared!
    Spec has changed hun dw

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.