Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are humans inherently racist? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Yeah my eyes don't seem to make sense compared to my parents, they have pretty 'big' round eyes but mine for some reason turned out like this.

You said you were mixed, what's your combination?
    Delete

ReputationRep:
    Not at all.

You **** ******** ****** ***

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Delete
    I remember.

ReputationRep:
    This one is. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    You're not a bad person for saying you're not into non-Caucasians, it's down to preference. However the bit that got my attention was forcing your children to pick you or their partner. That's not fair and puts the child in such a dilemma. That bit is wrong but in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    We're not inherently racist. Racism/ preference to your own race is most likely due to you being conditioned by the people and the environment you were brought up in.

I know that parents wants their children to marry someone of their own race but disowning your children if they do just shows that you are being racist. Frankly, I think your children would be better off without you.

Okay I have to add one thing because it's really annoying me.

All this I want my kids to look like me... Well here's something to consider: many 'mono'-racial children end up not looking like one or both of their parents.

But it's only a crime, apparently one worthy of disowning, when mixed race children don't look like the parents for some reason.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    No, just inherently assholish

ReputationRep:
    OP said he respects all races, it just prefers to have his kids look like em. In what way is that racist?
    I'll admit forbidding your future daughter to date outside her race is OC (out of control) but it isn't racist.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm black male, and I only date white girls. Just not interested in others tbh
    You're cooning mate

ReputationRep:
    That's natural

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    We're inherently stupid which can lead to racism?
    >preserving your race is stupid

yeah, ok

ReputationRep:
    No it's not one of our instincts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can'tStumpTrump)
    >preserving your race is stupid

yeah, ok
    Hit the nail on the head! Good for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macy1998)
    OP said he respects all races, it just prefers to have his kids look like em. In what way is that racist
    I'll admit forbidding your future daughter to date outside her race is OC (out of control) but it isn't racist.
    Uh yes it is. Forbidding your daughter to date outside her race, is racist in every sense of the word. Pretty much saying other races are inferior.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    I don't see racial preferences for dating as being racist so your OP seems unrelated to the title question.

I mainly like whites and east asian men. Though I'm not repulsed by darker skinned folks.

(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Uh yes it is. Forbidding your daughter to date outside her race, is racist in every sense of the word. Pretty much saying other races are inferior.
    Not necessarily inferior, just different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    I don't see racial preferences for dating as being racist so your OP seems unrelated to the title question.

I mainly like whites and east asian men. Though I'm not repulsed by darker skinned folks.

Not necessarily inferior, just different.
    generalising a whole group of people and deciding based off that generalisation that you won't date them is a bit racist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.