The Student Room Group

Ever wonder how strong a African lion is:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by redferry
Well I'm a biologist and not some idiot from olden times who just used to Swan about Africa talking g crap like the people you keep citing.

'ooh I saw a lion roar so they must roar before they hunt' *publish*

'ooh I saw a female wild dog on her own so only females disperse *publish*

Do you realise how much ridiculously wrong info was published by the old timey conflict biologists? They had no freaking clue what they were on about they just saw an animal do something one time and pretended that was recurrent behaviour. Basically all they wanted to do was appear macho.

Also you know a lion is a Tetrapod right?

lol I already beat you too it:
http://www.askabiologist.org.uk/answers/viewtopic.php?id=14654

Most likely only Dr wynik will answer with his usual rants about how they dont wanna be bothered with it any more...yet still wanna feature it on their site. lol and what does olden days have to do with credibility? Just because something old doesn't mean it has been debunked, plus, the burden of proof now rest with you an your friendos claims, show us your certified biologist academics, because at this point, its not about what date it is, its about true or lies, akely has hundreds of photos of him with lions and other wild life, wheres you an the rest of the looneys who keep claiming to be biologist in the field of lions photos?

No where....an show me where you saw a full grown male lion kicked to death by giraffes...is that what its all about now days, telling fabricated storys because of some unknown bias? You guys arent biologist, just posers with fake alts and cry baby rants, if these type of debates was held in public biology conferences, you wouldnt even show your fake faces. Troll on.

BTW where...where did they say it was a reoccurring behavior? Where did any individual say it was the norm? Stop making up BS that they didnt say, its upon the collective studys to see if its common, or rare, just because one scienctist didnt see it doesnt mean it never happens. What does this guy say...in his 12 year...what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0fa6ar1Uq8

In his 12 years, hes never seen it...yet another book I already showed had a biologist note over 900 giraffes were seen killed by lions in her entire career...tetrapods, 4 footed beings wow whoop de doo, show us he studied lions, an not frogs. Lets also link in hundreds of biologist just because they're called biologist, yet cant show a single shred of proof that they've studied the striking strength of a lion and polar bear.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sword of Justice
Then rest your case then..

Kodiaks can rival polar bears, and a kodiak in a zoo killed two polar bears at once. An menelik the lion killed the kodiak named president, who the article even said the lion was pulling an ripping at the bears head with such force, that the bears head was merely decapitated, bears bite forces are half the strongest bite force of a 2,200 psi bite from a 700 lb lion
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1129&dat=19940422&id=jYRIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=pW8DAAAAIBAJ&pg=3240,3847399&hl=en

a young manless lion just nipping the device was almost 700 lbs of force:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fspXUYbv7GM

which all doesnt matter anyway, it only takes 100 pounds of force to crack a skull, and only around 50 psi to sever the throat, carotid artery and trachea, its gona matter who gets their first, and lion all together is more powerful an has superior, speed, explosiveness, agility, quickness and dexterity...topped in with the bear can hardly get at the lions neck, since its protected by 2 feet of long dense thick mane.

I dont know why you even bothered to name the weight, height, size statistics...doesnt everybody know that already? Repeating it isnt gona mean you have proof the bear would win over the lion who has way more advantages. And lol, I showed the photo of that circus at florida, they didnt have a single full maned lion that season.

and the bear has every physical attribute over the lion? And so did this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWxlZ52O0rI

yet he still lost, what do these largest fat blobs hunt thats so formidable? balugas, and walruses, both who only go flip flop on the ground or in the water, lol...the polar bear hunts nothing that can fight back with maneuverability and has weapons or attributes as powerful as the big cats. While lions hunt almost every type of ungulate on the planet, the okavango lions hunt primarily buffalo, because buffalo is one of the ony things in their area, a buffalo would merk a slow polar bear 100/100 times:

In that case, lions would make the suitable mega fauna balance, since they are the only ones that kill big game regularly, one or two big game from tigers doesnt balance out anything.

..Lionesses generally prey on ungulates, comfortably taking down those sized between 50-300 kg.
..But male lions are also very good hunters,..They also take more risks in hunting and occasionally prey on much larger
animals. They can fiercely take down bull buffaloes, giraffes and even hippo.

http://globalsojourns.com/imagedump/...rican_Lion.pdf

this proves that lions hunt more than they scavange
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/a...scavenging.jpg

the males kill more buffalo than the females:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5098/...0058bc2b_b.jpg

lol an awww, cant handle facts, they were malnourished and under weight? lol those weren't arranged fights, they were accidental...circuses almost always take good care of their animals, not only because its their source of income, peta and many origination enforce the animal rights which keeps them fit, healthy, well fed and strong:

Of course that has nothing to do with why you are ranting on, it just has everything to do with you billeting the lion and over hyping the bear, who faces little to no heavy competition like the lion.

One decent hit? lol Nah, I'd take the observations of the experts who say bears dont throw blows or strikes, over some one who has never seen a bear fight in your life...nice opinion, until you find an actual account of that happening, then I'd take your word for it, until then only 6 accounts exist of having their heads caved in or backs broken, and its all on bears....from lions.

You have nothing new.

and aggressive? lol yeah, he was real aggresive to that dog the bit him, if a dog attacked a wild lion, he'd get swatted to death:

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2014/06/26/a-rangers-worst-and-best-sighting-ever-amazing-fight-between-lion-and-wild-dog/

an how embrarasing for the lion? lol no mane, how embarrsing is this:

Animals reflect their prowess in what they compete against, hence sloth bears compete against hyena, tigers and a little while ago indian lions too, hence they are game to the death, polar beears are hardly game even if they are attacked, it'd take a super aggressiv polar bear to attack something else...yet a polar bear was killed by a leopard:
http://fultonhistory.com/Newspaper 11/Geneva NY Daily Times/Geneva NY Daily Times 1902 Nov-Oct 1903 Grayscale/Geneva NY Daily Times 1902 Nov-Oct 1903 Grayscale - 0408.pdf

bullets and cracked skulls? lol big cats like tigers have bigger skulls breadth:

And grizzly bears have wider and bigger skulls compared to polar bears...and lions have bigger skulls compared to tigers. Nothing you state is true, the big cats muzzles are twice as big as polar bears, thats where all the force is generated:

Lion an grizzly bear, lion with bigger muzzle an head:

lol and just because a man picks up weight, doesnt mean his bones get densar, the same with bears, the heavier they get doesnt mean their bones get denser, the only bone denseity chart ever made showed on the other forum ahd lions with denser bones in the front in comparison to a kodiak bear.... while the kodiak with densar bones in the back...everything else youve been saying are things made up out of thin air.

A few newspaper articles doesn't prove your case any more than anecdotal evidence does. Lmao @ linking me to an article about surf music to try and prove your point. I'm sure surf musicians know about the anatomy of lions, don't they? :rofl:

Just because a few times a lion managed to defeat a polar bear or two it doesn't stand to reason every time a lion goes up against a bear the same thing will happen. 9/10 the bear smashes the lion and the only reason those times were newsworthy was because they were unusual and got reported on. The other 95% times the bear would crush the lion.

Yes, ungulate animals are known for their sharp teeth, sharp claws and ability to fight back :rolls eyes: This is why they are prey animals and not an apex predator like a polar bear is, therefore it is a false comparison.

I'll humour you anyway,
Average weight of 'fat blobs' (aka polar bear prey)
Ringed seals: 50-70 kg
Bearded seals: 226kg
Walrus: 1000kg
Beluga whale: 1400kg
Narwhal: 940kg

Average weight of lion prey:
Pronghorn: 50kg
Buffalo: 425-870 kg
Zebra: 450kg
Rhino: 700kg
Crocodile: 220-550kg
Giraffes: 830-1,600kg

Here you can see not only is polar bear prey on average heavier than lion prey, the polar bear also kills it's prey alone for 99% of the time whereas lions usually only hunt in packs. The fact that a lone polar bear can kill a 1000kg walrus with two knives sticking out of its face and drag it up from a blowhole onto ice is to me plenty of proof that polar bears are objectively stronger. That's the equivalent of a male lion taking on a saltwater crocodile in the water (as polar bears are aquatic bears) Narwhals and Walrus both have 'horns' as big as or bigger than the prey animals of the lion and they weigh more too.

LMAO circuses have been historically notorious for their poor treatment of the animals in their care, one only needs to look in a history section and stories abound of starved, chained and whipped elephants. I see no reason why the large predatory animals such as lions and bears would have been treated any differently.

I'm ranting on? You're the one who can't read properly here. I clearly said in my previous post that bear skulls were thicker, not longer, hence why lions skulls are more delicate.

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130611195716AA0TcPZ

Read the first answer. Now tell me if the same thing would happen with a lion skull. Lions run away from Masai warriors for crying out loud, if a wimpy human with a primitive spear can take down a lion I'm pretty sure an experienced male polar bear would decimate your precious kitten with no problems. As far as I know no Inuit has taken down a polar bear with anything less than a gun either. Lion<Polar bear

Also, your last sentence proves how little you actually know about biology in general, it's scientifically proven that bone density and strength increases with muscular strength:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9927006
I'd trust a guy who owns real lions, instead of a dork who wears a lab coat getting numbers out of thin air.

Just because a few times a lion managed to defeat a polar bear or two it doesn't stand to reason every time a lion goes up against a bear the same thing will happen. 9/10 the bear smashes the lion and the only reason those times were newsworthy was because they were unusual and got reported on. The other 95% times the bear would crush the lion.

1 or 2? Try 8 or 9 or 10, like the 2 lionseses who mangled a polar bear beyound recognition.

9/10? lol it aint even a 9/10 with a 150 lb wolverine:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&q=%22On+one+occasion+a+captured+wolverine+put+into+a+zoo+actually+attacked+and+killed+a+polar+bear.+Two+American+naturalists+have+also+reported+an+authenticated+instance+of+a+single+wolverine+attacking%2C+and+after+a+running+fight%2C+killing+a%22&oq=%22On+one+occasion+a+captured+wolverine+put+into+a+zoo+actually+attacked+and+killed+a+polar+bear.+Two+American+naturalists+have+also+reported+an+authenticated+instance+of+a+single+wolverine+attacking%2C+and+after+a+running+fight%2C+killing+a%22&gs_l=serp.3...24903.27316.0.27521.3.3.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1j2.64.serp..3.0.0.M4Edmu6kPEc

Do you want me to compile how much times wolverines have killed polar bears like 100s of times these fat blob brown bears were killed by pathetic animals like donkeys, goats and pigs? The rest is just your rants that you cant handle lions have killed bears more than vice versa, you think those will be all there is in history? I'm sure theres tons more.

Yes, ungulate animals are known for their sharp teeth, sharp claws and ability to fight back :rolls eyes: This is why they are prey animals and not an apex predator like a polar bear is, therefore it is a false comparison.

I'll humour you anyway,
Average weight of 'fat blobs' (aka polar bear prey)
Ringed seals: 50-70 kg
Bearded seals: 226kg
Walrus: 1000kg
Beluga whale: 1400kg
Narwhal: 940kg

Average weight of lion prey:
Pronghorn: 50kg
Buffalo: 425-870 kg
Zebra: 450kg
Rhino: 700kg
Crocodile: 220-550kg
Giraffes: 830-1,600kg

Aha hah a ha, giant elands, twice as big as a moose, ringed seal, breared seal combined, hippos, rhinos an elephants thrice as big as any of those midget whales bears kill, you whine about weaponry, what the hell can a baluga an narwhal do to fight back? nothing and pu-leeze, a elands horns is just as dangerous as any spanish bulls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD69wOJLGnc

A giraffe with one kick would cream a bears brains in, a herd of buffalo would stomp the life out of Mr artic, a crocodile would crush every bone in the polar bears body, hyena would dismantle the largest bear on the planet...nice down playing things who are all noted to be the most deadliest animals on the planet by hall of fame hunters like samuel baker, tex stone, carl akely, anderson patterson, and way more who all dubbed the black death, rhinos and hippos the most brutalist killers on the planet. Yet who are you naming again that the artic holds any formidable game?

Nobody. Just your imagination

Here you can see not only is polar bear prey on average heavier than lion prey, the polar bear also kills it's prey alone for 99% of the time whereas lions usually only hunt in packs. The fact that a lone polar bear can kill a 1000kg walrus with two knives sticking out of its face and drag it up from a blowhole onto ice is to me plenty of proof that polar bears are objectively stronger. That's the equivalent of a male lion taking on a saltwater crocodile in the water (as polar bears are aquatic bears) Narwhals and Walrus both have 'horns' as big as or bigger than the prey animals of the lion and they weigh more too.

Stronger in pulling, pushing and wrestling, not striking.

A walrus?...ha ha ha ha, what is a walrus even going to do to a lightning speed explosive big cat? I'd bet a tiger, lion, jaguar and even smaller leopards and pumas would win 10/10 times against a walrus whos stuck on land. The bear gets killed by them because hes to slow an clumsey to get out of the way of apparent 2 feet long obvious weapons. A walrus would beat a lion...ha ha ha ha a walrus would be a screaming mess if a lion attacked him.

Pack hunts mean what when taken away? So when ultimate fighters train in fighting camps, gyms and sports groups, they lose all their fighting prowess and experiences when it becomes one on one? lol talk about delusional. Lions have on rare cases killed all the biggest game alone, something a bear would never be able to do even if given the chance. A croc would kill a polar bear and both whales at the same time in the water.

LMAO circuses have been historically notorious for their poor treatment of the animals in their care, one only needs to look in a history section and stories abound of starved, chained and whipped elephants. I see no reason why the large predatory animals such as lions and bears would have been treated any differently.

Circuses that you can cherry pick, not circuses in general, all the books I read on clyde beatty, dave hoover, bert nelson and more all spoil their animals rotten, you do know lions and bears some times starve in the wild too right? Whats more poor condition, 10,000's of thousands of beast of prey who starve during the drought, or lions, bears and tigers owned by Clyde beatty, who are housed away from storms, fed more than they need, trained in acrobatics an travel the country weekly...who got it worst? Thats right, cherry picking, thats all you clowns do, I bet the circus would have a job for you clowns too. lol

I'm ranting on? You're the one who can't read properly here. I clearly said in my previous post that bear skulls were thicker, not longer, hence why lions skulls are more delicate.

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130611195716AA0TcPZ

Read the first answer. Now tell me if the same thing would happen with a lion skull. Lions run away from Masai warriors for crying out loud, if a wimpy human with a primitive spear can take down a lion I'm pretty sure an experienced male polar bear would decimate your precious kitten with no problems. As far as I know no Inuit has taken down a polar bear with anything less than a gun either. Lion<Polar bear

Masai would slay a city of bears too, so what are you crying about now? Nothing can withstand man, masai warriors kill bull elephants with this same spears...and Ha ha ha, a shot gun is made up of tiny little pellets, not a high powered rifle which is needed for big game, it doesnt have a breaking impact worth noted for any high appraisal an used for things like birds since it spreads out when shot, the lion took a shot gun to the chest no problem in the polar bear peary fight, no skull plate needed, an give me a break, do I have to chime in 100's of grizzly bears with a bullet wholes in their head to debunk your retardedness. Just ask an I'll post a slew of brown bears with a canyon sized whole on their heads from average guns.

Also, your last sentence proves how little you actually know about biology in general, it's scientifically proven that bone density and strength increases with muscular strength:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9927006

I know more than all three of you fake posers...who still havent posted a single photo or academia report you studied lions...just butt hurt bias fantards who cant handle facts. The article on bone density of lions and bears had some of the lions bone density harder than a kodiaks (the biggest of bears in captivity):
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8WvxkDZYQEHfXyYiedBI8_dipoziGAhFriAqIGEwwYlL6n-CcvA

Whats next, you're gona tell me if a kid drinks thousands of gallons of milk he can develop greater bone density than a bear? lol The lion not only has just as dense of bones with some parts of the body even denser, the lion adds in the highest tested animal for skeletal muscle, this is the difference of getting hit by a silly nerf or nothing baton, and getting hit by a steel rod in the head.

Lions have been noted to crack oxen, bulls and buffalo skulls with a blow from a paw, and buffalos have massive amounts of boney plates on their heads

A polar bears skull is so thin, even a little kids head is almost as wide.

Until you show me 100 sources that show polar bears killing things specifically with a blow from the paw, not by lacerations but blunt force, then your rants will remain just what they are...cry baby rants.
I'd trust a guy who owns real lions, instead of a dork who wears a lab coat getting numbers out of thin air.

1 or 2? Try 8 or 9 or 10, like the 2 lionseses who mangled a polar bear beyound recognition.

9/10? lol it aint even a 9/10 with a 150 lb wolverine:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&q=%22On+one+occasion+a+captured+wolverine+put+into+a+zoo+actually+attacked+and+killed+a+polar+bear.+Two+American+naturalists+have+also+reported+an+authenticated+instance+of+a+single+wolverine+attacking%2C+and+after+a+running+fight%2C+killing+a%22&oq=%22On+one+occasion+a+captured+wolverine+put+into+a+zoo+actually+attacked+and+killed+a+polar+bear.+Two+American+naturalists+have+also+reported+an+authenticated+instance+of+a+single+wolverine+attacking%2C+and+after+a+running+fight%2C+killing+a%22&gs_l=serp.3...24903.27316.0.27521.3.3.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c.1j2.64.serp..3.0.0.M4Edmu6kPEc

Do you want me to compile how much times wolverines have killed polar bears like 100s of times these fat blob brown bears were killed by pathetic animals like donkeys, goats and pigs? The rest is just your rants that you cant handle lions have killed bears more than vice versa, you think those will be all there is in history? I'm sure theres tons more.

Aha hah a ha, giant elands, twice as big as a moose, ringed seal, breared seal combined, hippos, rhinos an elephants thrice as big as any of those midget whales bears kill, you whine about weaponry, what the hell can a baluga an narwhal do to fight back? nothing and pu-leeze, a elands horns is just as dangerous as any spanish bulls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD69wOJLGnc

A giraffe with one kick would cream a bears brains in, a herd of buffalo would stomp the life out of Mr artic, a crocodile would crush every bone in the polar bears body, hyena would dismantle the largest bear on the planet...nice down playing things who are all noted to be the most deadliest animals on the planet by hall of fame hunters like samuel baker, tex stone, carl akely, anderson patterson, and way more who all dubbed the black death, rhinos and hippos the most brutalist killers on the planet. Yet who are you naming again that the artic holds any formidable game?

Nobody. Just your imagination

Stronger in pulling, pushing and wrestling, not striking.

A walrus?...ha ha ha ha, what is a walrus even going to do to a lightning speed explosive big cat? I'd bet a tiger, lion, jaguar and even smaller leopards and pumas would win 10/10 times against a walrus whos stuck on land. The bear gets killed by them because hes to slow an clumsey to get out of the way of apparent 2 feet long obvious weapons. A walrus would beat a lion...ha ha ha ha a walrus would be a screaming mess if a lion attacked him.

Pack hunts mean what when taken away? So when ultimate fighters train in fighting camps, gyms and sports groups, they lose all their fighting prowess and experiences when it becomes one on one? lol talk about delusional. Lions have on rare cases killed all the biggest game alone, something a bear would never be able to do even if given the chance. A croc would kill a polar bear and both whales at the same time in the water.

Circuses that you can cherry pick, not circuses in general, all the books I read on clyde beatty, dave hoover, bert nelson and more all spoil their animals rotten, you do know lions and bears some times starve in the wild too right? Whats more poor condition, 10,000's of thousands of beast of prey who starve during the drought, or lions, bears and tigers owned by Clyde beatty, who are housed away from storms, fed more than they need, trained in acrobatics an travel the country weekly...who got it worst? Thats right, cherry picking, thats all you clowns do, I bet the circus would have a job for you clowns too. lol

Masai would slay a city of bears too, so what are you crying about now? Nothing can withstand man, masai warriors kill bull elephants with this same spears...and Ha ha ha, a shot gun is made up of tiny little pellets, not a high powered rifle which is needed for big game, it doesnt have a breaking impact worth noted for any high appraisal an used for things like birds since it spreads out when shot, the lion took a shot gun to the chest no problem in the polar bear peary fight, no skull plate needed, an give me a break, do I have to chime in 100's of grizzly bears with a bullet wholes in their head to debunk your retardedness. Just ask an I'll post a slew of brown bears with a canyon sized whole on their heads from average guns.

I know more than all three of you fake posers...who still havent posted a single photo or academia report you studied lions...just butt hurt bias fantards who cant handle facts. The article on bone density of lions and bears had some of the lions bone density harder than a kodiaks (the biggest of bears in captivity):
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8WvxkDZYQEHfXyYiedBI8_dipoziGAhFriAqIGEwwYlL6n-CcvA

Whats next, you're gona tell me if a kid drinks thousands of gallons of milk he can develop greater bone density than a bear? lol The lion not only has just as dense of bones with some parts of the body even denser, the lion adds in the highest tested animal for skeletal muscle, this is the difference of getting hit by a silly nerf or nothing baton, and getting hit by a steel rod in the head.

Lions have been noted to crack oxen, bulls and buffalo skulls with a blow from a paw, and buffalos have massive amounts of boney plates on their heads

A polar bears skull is so thin, even a little kids head is almost as wide.

Until you show me 100 sources that show polar bears killing things specifically with a blow from the paw, not by lacerations but blunt force, then your rants will remain just what they are...cry baby rants.

Who do you know personally who owns lions? Do you own lions? Have you ever witnessed a lion fight a bear in real life? Have you witnessed a lion fight a bear hundreds of times? If not, then no one can say who would come out on top as to be scientifically significant it has to happen thousands of times and when it has happened according to historians the bear has come out victorious

Okay 10 cases vs the thousands of cases in history in Roman colloseums ect where the bear would still come out on top. So far I've seen 10 cases off you where the lion has come out on top yet seen heaps more stories where the bear has come out on top.

Again, I'm talking about POLAR BEARS, not brown bears. Do you understand the distinction? Your emotions are showing throughout this entire post. Polar bears, grizzlies, brown and black bears are different.

No lion or polar bear could take down an adult elephant alone. Could a giraffe kick a polar bears head in? Sure, but a giraffe has kicked in the head of a lion before too. Could a herd of buffalo trample a polar bear? Obviously, but then that's why lions run away from buffalo herds aswell. A crocodile on land would have no chance against a polar bear or lion, even tigers can kill a crocodile on land, but in the water it's a different story, all the crocodile has to do is grab the lions leg and roll and the leg of the lion would be off. Especially those massive African saltwater crocodiles.

A hyena? What you mean those things that just scavenge on the carcasses of the lions kill? Mother grizzlies protecting cubs outmanevour entire packs of wolves and kill them to protect her cubs. And that's just a female bear. Now imagine a bloodlusted male bear against one of your lions

Where did you get those figures from? Your source if I might know, otherwise how do I know you didn't just make up that table on your own? The link you posted is not clear enough to read in any case. Can you get a better one?

Also, polar bear bone density exceeds that of grizzlies:
http://shaggygod.proboards.com/thread/740/polar-bear-density-exceeds-brown

http://io9.gizmodo.com/5804796/a-brief-history-of-bears-fighting-lions

Just go and watch a bear hunt or something. Although tbf polar bears hunt similar to lions, by obstructing breathing. Sometimes they do clobber a walrus over the head though.
First of all, why are you even back, didnt you say you were done already? Contradict much?

i dont have to, I have a brain an I can count...brown an polar bears have been killed over 50 times by mountain lions and african lions, only less than 20 times bears were noted to kill the two lions on record, we can only go with whats on record not hypotheses 1,000s of unknown fantasys, 50 is greater than 20...hence the saying ten out of ten times is stupid, because they were documented fighting more than ten times idiot...

Okay 10 cases vs the thousands of cases in history in Roman colloseums ect where the bear would still come out on top. So far I've seen 10 cases off you where the lion has come out on top yet seen heaps more stories where the bear has come out on top.

Again, I'm talking about POLAR BEARS, not brown bears. Do you understand the distinction? Your emotions are showing throughout this entire post. Polar bears, grizzlies, brown and black bears are different.

Why are you capitalizing polar bears like just because he out weighs brown bears by a few pounds that all of a sudden hes a god, no one really knows if hes the baddest of bears, kodiaks have killed them just the same:
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2202&dat=19461012&id=kHglAAAAIBAJ&sjid=BfMFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5279,5685191&hl=en

Another incident a kodiak killed two polar bears at once.

Bears came out on top... Where? lol Roman empires specifically only had lions win, maybe you should read it from the original site it comes from:

(I count 4 times a lion has beaten a bear from the romans with all historians and theologians who studied the epigrams said the lion was the more powerful animal compared to the bear:smile:

Lion kills bear in roman arena:

The gladiators halted in front of the magistrates' bench, threw their weapons into the air, and then turned to...the bear stood growling in the centre of thearena, the lion march back to Round and round they whirled; little could be seen but flying sand and mangled fur. Then a pitiful cry came from the bear and blood began to flow into the sand. The lion stood over him, gnawing at the bear's throat. Out into the middle of the arena came men with nets, quietly approaching the victorious lion to throw their nets over him and drag him away. the University of Michigan

https://www.google.com/search?q=Out+into+the+middle+of+the+arena+came+men+with+nets%2C+quietly+approaching+the+victorious+lion%22&num=20&tbm=bks

now go look into the the many other times lions beat bears in the romans:

http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35295

Only lions ever mentioned winning, the only time a bear was ever mentioned winning in rome was a fictional book:
https://books.google.com/books?id=ngyclfU8IiwC&pg=PA399&dq=two+lions+one+bear+roman+fight&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiglIfCpLDLAhVY9mMKHYa9BZcQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=two%20lions%20one%20bear%20roman%20fight&f=false

see the criteria in the middle in blue...fiction:
https://books.google.com/books?id=ngyclfU8IiwC&dq=two+lions+one+bear+roman+fight&source=gbs_navlinks_s

Hence all the bear fans have to make things up out of thin air, while all the other documents of lions killing bears are real live accounts.

No lion or polar bear could take down an adult elephant alone. Could a giraffe kick a polar bears head in? Sure, but a giraffe has kicked in the head of a lion before too. Could a herd of buffalo trample a polar bear? Obviously, but then that's why lions run away from buffalo herds aswell. A crocodile on land would have no chance against a polar bear or lion, even tigers can kill a crocodile on land, but in the water it's a different story, all the crocodile has to do is grab the lions leg and roll and the leg of the lion would be off. Especially those massive African saltwater crocodiles.

Crocs on land can get destroyed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WSDvregySw

Thats just a baby croc, a 14 footer would swallow whole chunks of polar bears down.

Nothing bears face is as deadly as crocs:

Heres the real published books from london, not some fan tard claiming hes from there an refuses to gve any credentials:

Transactions of the Zoological Society of London
Salmon (1932) described such an occurrence the first recorded from Uganda at Butiaba, where in August 1931 ...Pitman (1942) also reports that one afternoon visitors to the Murchison Falls saw
the creature was so hungry that it continued to feed even when the launch crossed the river to afford a...According to Thomas & Scott (1949)Stevenson-Hamilton (1954) heard one reliable instance ofalso states that crocodile killing
on the western shore of Lake...

Science Digest
Crocodiles often walk off with a buck that a lion is busy eating, though there is
on an
African game reserve in full view of a launch loaded with sightseers. In another, a
crocodile attempted to steal a lion's kill and was itself slain by the big cats

The Lions of Tsavo: Exploring the Legacy of Africa's
In 1977 in northern Kenya, Smithsonian paleobiologist Kay Behrensmeyer asleep on the shore. After a considerable struggle they killed and ate it

While hunting on the banks of the Rufiji I put up a lion in some long rushes. I found that a Crocodile Man
"There are documented cases

Lion Killing Crocodile.-At the end of August, at3 o'clock in the afternoon, a lion passed close to the MarineSuperintendent's house at Butiaba, crossing the road tothe lagoon on the north side, where it killed a crocodile11 ft. 7 in. in length. It had a good feed, consuming theneck, shoulders, and flanks, though the legs were not touched.The skull was badly smashed, and the stomach looked asif it had been torn open in the first instance true to the lion's26 SOCIETY FOR THE PRESERVATION OFcustom of burying the intestines of the creatures it kills.This lion returned to the Waki area. Although crocodile killingby lions is by no means unknown-it has been recordedas quite a normal occurrence on the western shores of LakeRudolf-this appears to be the first occasion on which it hasbeen brought to notice in Uganda.
http://www.rhinoresourcecenter.com/pdf_files/124/1245158646.pdf

Now what, let me guess, belittle the lion again by saying they need the pride, even though there are cases of single lions killing big crocs, or big elephants, or big anything.

No, you insinuated that the arctic has more tough game, almost nothing there could out game a lion in a fair fight, practically the hundreds of different species of africa would decimate a polar bear...every time.

A hyena? What you mean those things that just scavenge on the carcasses of the lions kill? Mother grizzlies protecting cubs outmanevour entire packs of wolves and kill them to protect her cubs. And that's just a female bear. Now imagine a bloodlusted male bear against one of your lions

I had an experience with this phenomenon myself several years ago, following an incident in Denali National Park in which eleven wolvesattacked and killed two grizzly bears.
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22lion+kills+croc%22+allempires&biw=1352&bih=600&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiRuoCPw7DLAhUY6WMKHf4RDkIQ_AUIBSgA&dpr=1#q=wolves+%22killed+two+grizzly+bears%22&tbm=bks

12 grizzly bears killed by dogs:
http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=WT18880616.2.44

The bear tried in vain to shake them off, and the Italian prodded the dogs with a pole, but they held. It wasn't long until Bruin sank down exhausted.
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/39804772/

"Round and round the dogs and bear went, cutting, tearing at each other until they vere 100 yards from; the place where the fight began. The bear was tired out by tne time the hunters got to him.
https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/62982874/

Old caps last fight fight was at waites peak last fall, when he led a pack that killed a 600 pound bear which fought the dog for 3 hourshttps://books.google.com/books?id=F53mAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA16&dq=cougar+%22fight+between%22+bear&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ucM5VczgBMzToASjloC4BQ&ved=0CCAQ6AEwADgK#v=onepage&q=cougar%20%22fight%20between%22%20bear&f=false
DOG KILLS BEAR MISSOULA. Mont., Oct. 16 (ff should be as tough as he looks, can feast on bear meat—as soon as he recovers. His master, Bryl Roark, missed in Spud while duck hunting. He found him crouched beside a bear carcass, licking his wounds. and head. Physicians said he may be able to leave the hospital today.
www.newspapers.com/newspage/11758411

a small "bulldog owned by 'William Bennett rushed at. them and caught one' of the "bears by' the leg. A fierce battle ensued and the dog got a fatal grip on the throat of the bear. No one dared go to the rescue of poor bruin. The showmen, even with their poles, were unable to shake the dog's grip, and the bear was dead ; within thirty minutes.
www.newspapers.com/newspage/76834232

I give wolves more credit than I do bears:
https://youtu.be/QP6qURHHgRE

11 wolves can kill two grizzly bears, single dogs have killed bears, did you actually read the source an these accounts, of course you didnt, you just wanted to hear your self talk...40 hyenas would ram shack 11 wolves to nothingness and even 5 bears. Hyenas only fear lions because they know they have a coalition system an any given time the males could come with 4 or more, as the sky pride had 9 male lions, hyenas arent stupid, but a bear would be easy picking because they'd know he doesnt have back up...evolution and how it works.

Where did you get those figures from? Your source if I might know, otherwise how do I know you didn't just make up that table on your own? The link you posted is not clear enough to read in any case. Can you get a better one?

The original link time'd out then, it happens when hundreds of people use up the bandwith, hence its been shown so many times to delusional people like you who make up your own statistics. It was originally published in 1983 by P christensen.

Wow, means absolutely nothing of having denser bones than lions in the front limbs. and jesus fakin christ, are deaf, blind and dumb all at the same time, youve used the same cited fight 4 times already, this:

California settlers during the Gold Rush found this out the cruel way, as they organized fights between bears and various other animals as a rather sick way to pass the time, eventually shipping in African lions in a futile attempt to give the bears a challenge. For more on this rather sordid affair, I direct you to this conversation with Britain's leading intellectuals.

This fight was made up by bias bear fans in the 19th century that the gold mining days had lions pitted against bears:
https://books.google.com/books?id=SQjOemThV-QC&pg=PA109&dq=california+gold+rush+lion++grizzly&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjp2P2fqrDLAhUksoMKHSvLCKkQ6AEIKDAC#v=onepage&q=california%20gold%20rush%20lion%20%20grizzly&f=false

Its plastered on many books:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&q=california+gold+rush+lion+parnell+grizzly+ramdan+#tbm=bks&q=california++african+lion++bear+fight+parnell

All these books were only written a hundred years later, no one was there, the story went from the fight was a draw, to 1910, another story changed it the bear threw the lion like a cat, to 1950 a article stated the bear killed the lion like a cat would a rat, then now all the books jumped on the fabricated versions and changed the story, hence leading to idiots like you who hang on to BS...we dont have to take their word for it, we can see the originals our self:

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83030272/1895-04-14/ed-1/seq-30/#date1=1836&sort=relevance&rows=20&words=FIGHT+fight+lion+LION&searchType=basic&sequence=0&index=14&state=&date2=1922&proxtext=lion+fight+&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=30

the second fight of parnell and ramdan had ramdadan back down twice from parnell, boone then decalred the bear the loser, parnells brother also killed a small bear the next week...do you even read? Nah, you're just hot up in making your self look like a idiot/

Whats even more funny, the video you showed talked about that fight, the qi talked about that fight, ask a biologist talked about that fight all the bear ***** talk about it, and none of them were true..lol

Just go and watch a bear hunt or something. Although tbf polar bears hunt similar to lions, by obstructing breathing. Sometimes they do clobber a walrus over the head though.

Nah, I'll just stick to calling you delusional. And make things up? Puh-leeeeze, you are the one who said lions only weigh 280 lbs an making things up, you are the delusional quoteing false misinformation an making things up, you are the delusional one making up your own statistics, I merely quote the quotes...idiot

.;

Hence the lions power in his explosiveness can shatter the bears puny tugging technique, a lion can easily bring a bear down in a spring or rushed at the bear, they can ram into 6 year old elephants an bring them down single handedly:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2011/03/15/older-elephants-know-the-best-anti-lion-moves/#.Vt6JMJwrLIW

A 6 year old elephant is still 3 x bigger than the biggest polar bear or twice as big as anything the bear has killed:
http://www.novinite.com/inpictures/9122/A+6-year+old+elephant+puts+a+finishing+touch+to+the+calligraphy+of+the+symbol+%22horse%22+,+the+year+2014%60s+animal+of+the+12+Chinese+zodiac+signs,+as+it+is+watched+by+its+trainers+from+Thailand+at+the+Ich&

The bear would never handle how explosive a lion is, the bear would never endure how much the lion can in taking punishment, the bear would never deliver as much as blunt force as the lion can, hence the lion has more advantages over the bear who is just fatter. I still cant believe you used the same fictional story 4 times, I cant wait for your next post....we'll probably see you quoting the same account like ten more times from different sources

Ha ha ha
(edited 8 years ago)
lol I already beat you too it:

Most likely only Dr wynik will answer with his usual rants about how they dont wanna be bothered with it any more...yet still wanna feature it on their site. lol and what does olden days have to do with credibility? Just because something old doesn't mean it has been debunked, plus, the burden of proof now rest with you an your friendos claims, show us your certified biologist academics, because at this point, its not about what date it is, its about true or lies, akely has hundreds of photos of him with lions and other wild life, wheres you an the rest of the looneys who keep claiming to be biologist in the field of lions photos?

No where....an show me where you saw a full grown male lion kicked to death by giraffes...is that what its all about now days, telling ******** storys because of some unknown bias? You guys arent biologist, just posers with fake alts and cry baby rants, if these type of debates was held in public biology conferences, you wouldnt even show your fake ass faces. Troll on.

BTW where...where did they say it was a reoccurring behavior? Where did any individual say it was the norm? Stop making up BS that they didnt say, its upon the collective studys to see if its common, or rare, just because one scienctist didnt see it doesnt mean it never happens. What does this guy say...in his 12 year...what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0fa6ar1Uq8

In his 12 years, hes never seen it...yet another book I already showed had a biologist note over 900 giraffes were seen killed by lions in her entire career...

Back then you could get basically published in Nature with an observation of a lion taking a dump. So yes, how long ago the Zoologist was working makes a huge difference to the validity of their observations as actual behaviours. Especially because half the time they were busy trying to shoot them whilst making said observations.

Read through my previous posts if you don't believe me - I've been researching in Kenya since my Masters and now research at Zsl.
Back then you could get basically published in Nature with an observation of a lion taking a dump. So yes, how long ago the Zoologist was working makes a huge difference to the validity of their observations as actual behaviours. Especially because half the time they were busy trying to shoot them whilst making said observations.

Read through my previous posts if you don't believe me - I've been researching in Kenya since my Masters and now research at Zsl.

Hoh wow, congratulations...do you wanna a cookie?

and lol, look at that, they already took the question I left there down:

ha ha ha, I linked straight back here an asked them if they could further explain the misinformation they stated to you guys, yet they didnt even have the balls to answer the question, just like gwyls or what ever his name is, never had the balls to post his academic work he did on london of lions...thats because they're all made up up by butt hurt bear fanatics....published* published*...? Yes, an observation trumps an opinion, regardless. An validity based on time? I thought it was substance, proof and evidence? lol Back then they had to go out in the field to actually be known as biologist, now days people can get their certifications on line without even seeing a live animal. ha ha ha talk about validity.
(edited 8 years ago)

Lol, I wouldn't even bother arguing anymore with this crazy cat guy. I'd trust the words of a biologist over the words of a circus worker dealing with half-domesticated animals anyday. There's a reason science degrees are the most respected of all degrees and it is because of their academic rigour. You don't need to physically go to Kenya to know that lions are good fighters
You just made a fool of your self, so instead you back out on every-single thing you tryed to retort. I'd take a trainers opinion whos seen them fight over a biologist who only looks things up on the computer, as you showed zero biologist with a degree or any academia on lions so what the hell you talkin about, this is also called pseudo science. An I did show biologist that went to africa, your biologist are just posers and fakes...an wild bred and wilderness is two different things, this is where yet again you prove to be ignorant about:

WILD ONES PREFFERED

(1 9 3 4)

Oddly enough, it develops that cats captured in real jungle are far more satisfactory for use in an animal act than cats which have been raised in captivity. "It's like this," Beatty explains. "You take a lion, say, that has been born in captivity. A lion cub is woolly and cute and attractive, and everybody likes to fondle it and pick it up and pet it. You can do that, you know, with a lion cub when it's little, if it was born in a cage. "WELL, what happens? The lion grows " up used to such"treatment. It gets petted and fondled right up to the time it's an adult. And because it does, it gets thoroughly used to human beings. It loses its fear of them. A lion raised that way has no more of that 'instinctive' fear of a man than a dog has. "By and fey you get a lion of that kind in the cage as part of your act.

Now every cat has its off days, same as anybody else, when.it feels surly, or restless, or peevish. Suppose you've got a tame lion that feels that way--and they all do, now and then, because of the wild streak in them. You've got nothing to cow him with. He isn't afraid of you. He's used to human beings, and the mere fact that you're a man doesn't bother him. So, if he takes the notion to, hell go for you, and then you're in for plenty of trouble.

"With a jungle cat, it's different.. No matter how long they're trained, they never quite get used to human beings. They never quite get rid of that inborn awe in the presence of human beings. Of course, they can lose it, temporarily, in a fight; if they get angry enough, or nervous enough, they can forget about it for the time being. But it's always there, in the bade of their minds, and when they try to start anything with you you can usually remind them of it. "That's why I prefer to use jungle cats. 1 couid raise tame ones easily enough. As a matter of fact., I haveraised some, and I've used one or two in my act. But the wild ones are a lot safer to handle." A SK Beatty which is the more dangerous animal to handle, the lion or the tiger, and he'll tell you it's pretty much a toss-up. "Lions will gang up on you," he says reflectively. "If you're in the cage with them and one of them comes for you, the others are pretty likely to join in on it. A lion won't sit on its pedestal and watch a fight. It has to get in it.

"Tigers are just the opposite. If you have a fuss with a tiger, the other tigers in the cage are apt to stay on the sidelines and look on. They don't gang up. That part of it makes tigers simpler to handle. "On the other hand, lions are bluffers, and tigers aren't. A lion will try you out, to see how far he can go with you.. He'll start to make a rush for yon, for instance, to see How you'll take it. If you stand your ground and don't show, any fear, he'll probably figure that you aren't scared of him, and he'll back down, "But the tiger won't do that. He doesn't bluff. Either he goes for you or he doesn't. If he starts to. he goes through with it. The time to stop him is before he starts, "The tiger starts a fight faster than the lion. He rushes right in and gives everything he's got right away. But he hasn't got the lion's sticking powers. If things aren't going his way, after a minute or so, he's pretty likely to quit. "The Hon. on the other hand, can take it better. He doesn't start as fast as the figer does, but he lasts longer. He's a little like * bulldog he takes hold and doesn't let go

http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/29808426/

Hence clyde beatty, louis roth, melvin koonzt, bert nelson, terrell jacobs and almost all the trainers of wild animals through the early 19th century worked with wild bred animals...so yet again your retorts lies into emptyness.

Every one can see how foolish and idiotic you made yourself acting as if Polar bears are some type of gods, you have only your self to blame. Ignorance is bliss.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The animals also don't read the text books :yes:

lol

I like how these clowns are keep saying....Biologist, but the biologist, only biologist know the truth, biologist who we cant name. lol You named not one biologist who worked with either lion or bear and said a bear would win or that they have stronger blows than lions...the trainers would have just as much experience if not more than a biologist because they see things in their arena which would never occur in the wild. I like how they named not a single biologist who has degrees on topic an commented on this subject yet Ive cited:

Biologist:

Francis buckland, Andrew. Jackson. Howe M.D.), Carle akely Francis buckland, Trevor carnaby...Hunters:
Samuel backer, Tex stone, Anderson Patterson, Hans bruik, Trainers of wild animals: - Clyde beatty 40 years experience worked with 2,500 lions, tigers, bears,(and still holds the guiness world record) - Frank C Bostock worked with over 1,000 different type of wild animals - Jeong sangjo 10 years working with lions and tigers in the same encloser everland korean park...

Theres literally 200+ books thats published in the scientist academia on that one thread, biologist, zoology, ecology, historians, theologians, naturalist, trainers, hunters and more people with observation....yet they havent even brought in one single person from a science academia that says a polar bear strikes harder than a lion...proving something wrong and just denying something is two different things.

I brought over 50 biologist, they've brought zero, Ive bought over 200 published science journals, they've brought zero. Yet all their rants consist of...the bear is bigger so he'll win...the end...lol wow, super scientific. These are the kind of people who give science a bad name an more want to commit to Christianity...

This is angryredheads science:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience
(edited 8 years ago)
lol

I like how these clowns are keep saying....Biologist, but the biologist, only biologist know the truth, biologist who we cant name. lol You named not one biologist who worked with either lion or bear and said a bear would win or that they have stronger blows than lions...the trainers would have just as much experience if not more than a biologist because they see things in their arena which would never occur in the wild. I like how they named not a single biologist who has degrees on topic an commented on this subject yet Ive cited:

Biologist:

Francis buckland, Andrew. Jackson. Howe M.D.), Carle akely Francis buckland, Trevor carnaby...Hunters:
Samuel backer, Tex stone, Anderson Patterson, Hans bruik, Trainers of wild animals: - Clyde beatty 40 years experience worked with 2,500 lions, tigers, bears,(and still holds the guiness world record) - Frank C Bostock worked with over 1,000 different type of wild animals - Jeong sangjo 10 years working with lions and tigers in the same encloser everland korean park...

Theres literally 200+ books thats published in the scientist academia on that one thread, biologist, zoology, ecology, historians, theologians, naturalist, trainers, hunters and more people with observation....yet they havent even brought in one single person from a science academia that says a polar bear strikes harder than a lion...proving something wrong and just denying something is two different things.

I brought over 50 biologist, they've brought zero, Ive bought over 200 published science journals, they've brought zero. Yet all their rants consist of...the bear is bigger so he'll win...the end...lol wow, super scientific. These are the kind of people who give science a bad name an more want to commit to Christianity...

This is angryredheads science:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

I haven't backed out on anything, nor have I anywhere claimed that polar bears are some kind of ''god'' as you have put it. Please show me where I have claimed that a polar bear is a godlike creature. I just said that anything that can kill a lion can kill a polar bear too in my previous post. You are the only one here hyping up lions ridiculously. I have posed this very question to a zoologist and the next time I shall post it shall be their answer. By the way, old time zoologists don't count. As a chemistry student myself I would not rely on the chemical knowledge of chemists from the 1800's/ early 1900's to learn about chemistry or medicine so I see no reason why it would be any different for biology. Science has advanced since then.

I'm also more than fully ready to admit that I know next to nothing about zoology and animal anatomy hence why I will defer to someone who knows more than in this area. Although at times you have been insulting and patronising, you have answered my queries well and thoroughly, except for a few dubious links here and there, for that I respect you

Are you a zoologist personally? Do you hold any qualification above GCSE's?
(edited 8 years ago)
Everyone can see, it, no need to hide behind your shame, everywhere you capitalize polar bears, everywhere you say you are specifically talking only polar bears, that dont mention brown bears, sloth bears, black bears, dont compare pumas killing them, or wolves, that its a joke to think a lion cant kill a male polar bear...that they would man handle brown bears even though kodiaks and even sloth bears have killed them.

I just said that anything that can kill a lion can kill a polar bear too in my previous post.

An where did anyone on this thread deny that?

You are the only one here hyping up lions ridiculously.

Hype...is when you state things you cant provide evidence to, everything I stated the lion can do, there is a reference, link and account the lion has done it. I even accept the basics that bears are stronger than lions in the clinch, out weighs them and can be a threat if caught in an embrace, you...you have to act as if lions are puny at 280 lbs. lol

I have posed this very question to a zoologist and the next time I shall post it shall be their answer.

One zoologist doesnt make them god because he favors what you want.

By the way, old time zoologists don't count. As a chemistry student myself I would not rely on the chemical knowledge of chemists from the 1800's/ early 1900's to learn about chemistry or medicine so I see no reason why it would be any different for biology. Science has advanced since then.

lol Science has advanced in a spread, the basic principles never change no matter how old it gets, please stop humiliating your self, just because Einstein is older than you, doesn't mean you all of a sudden can write a better thesis on relativity then him, the best scientist of all time comes from the 16th century and their work is still used today, unchanged, in fact the greatest influential scientist of all time charles darwin backed the lions mane in being a protective factor.

You can make up any BS rant like all the bear fans do that bears have fat and blubber protecting them, that doesnt prove that bears wont feel any pain, as the fat is still contected to pain receptors, the lions mane is just hair, when its struck he doesnt feel any pain as they are not connected to any pain receptors other than just feeling a pulling of skin, hence the lions claws would butcher a bear into a screaming mess, a bear biteing or slashing a lions mane does nothing.

Thats not what you are trying to say, what you are trying to say is, the zoologist and biologist dont count because they go against your idiotic and bias views.

Are you a zoologist personally? Do you hold any qualification above GCSE's?

I dont need to you...I cite the best...people of first hand experience, people with personal observation... you cite no one. Thats like saying, buster Douglass never Ko'd mike tyson, because hes not a biologist, buster doesnt hold any degrees in science an knows how bio-mechanics works so he cant throw a punch, he never went to school for fighting an studied oesteology so he doesnt know how dense bones are in needing to ko some one. You are talking nonsense and are at this point incoherent...all your links are a joke, your opinions are laughable, and your mantra that polar bears are unbeatable is just hilarious.

Stop making your self look like a fool

More biologist:

Melissa Haynes:

1,000 psi
https://books.google.com/books?id=fB...ed=0CAYQ6AEwAA

a lions bite is even stronger
https://books.google.com/books?id=v9...ed=0CAoQ6AEwAg

Stephen wroe:

http://une-au.academia.edu/StephenWroe

5,600 N
https://books.google.com/books?id=U_...ed=0CBYQ6AEwCA

Dr. Geerat J. Vermeij. Biology:

4168 N
https://books.google.com/books?id=7o...ed=0CAgQ6AEwAQ

Dr. Brady Barr:

2 year old lion cub 691 psi:
http://dogbitesinformationandstatist...ite-force.html

Dr. Karl kruszelnicki:

560 kg = 1244 Psi
https://books.google.com/books?id=lK...ed=0CBYQ6AEwCA

Biologist Vermeij: 4,168 N = 937 Psi
Biologist Wroe: 5,600 N = 1258 Psi
Biologist Barr: 2 year old lion 691 Psi = 3073.N
Biologist Haynes: 1,000 Psi = 4448 N
Biologist kruszelnicki: 560 kg = 1244 psi = 5533 N

http://www.convertunits.com/from/new...1%2C000&unit2=

And just because the tigers fangs are longer doesn’t mean it bites harder, smilodons fangs were double the size of tigers, and still smilodon bit 33% weaker than a lion:
https://books.google.com/books?id=HP...ed=0CA4Q6AEwBA

low as 1/3rd that of a lion:
https://books.google.com/books?id=5h...=0CAgQ6AEwATgK

As I said, this isn't a arm wrestling match where both lion and bear will lock jaws and who has the higher bite psi will win, both have hard enough bites to tear skin, the trachea is the most vulnerable part of any living things body, and the lion can apply this 1,000+ psi bite on the bears neck before the bear can get pass the lions mane.

Angryredhead: THE BIOLOGIST THE BIOLOGIST THE BIOLOGIST, (Me shown over 50 biologist)..
Angryredhead: I MENT THE NEW BIOLOGIST THE NEW BIOLOGIST, ( Me, shown over ten 19th and 20th century biologist)

Disputed/ At this point he doesn't even know what hes talking about or what anything he states protains to.

All he does is opine or lie, he said thousands of times in romans bears came out on top, lol the most dominat animal stated by martin seyers was the barbary lion:

(Martin Seyer's)

"

Another subspecies very closely related to the Asian lion - the Barbary lion or Panthera leo leo - became extinct in the wild in 1922 (in Morocco). This Barbary lion had been the dominant animal in the blood sports of the Roman arenas.

~Martin Seyer's dissertation (synopsis), Vienna University.

Martin Seyer is a native Viennese archaeologist and historian who has been lecturing and leading groups in his city and abroad for many years. Deeply knowledgeable about all aspects of Vienna, Martin possesses a broad perspective and is able to make connections between his hometown and the wider European world.
http://www.pothos.org/content/index.php?page=lions

The barbary lion was the most dominant animal, not the brown bear, not the black bear or the atlas bear, the lion.

The most heraldic lion was a lion noted by Cicero:

(Cicero)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicero

Cicero mentions a single lion that won 200 Bestariis (This is a Bestarii a free for all fight)

http://books.google.com/books?id=Un9...ed=0CDIQ6AEwAg

Show a bear killing a single lion in the roman arenas. Bet you cant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Hoh wow, congratulations...do you wanna a cookie?

and lol, look at that, they already took the question I left there down:

ha ha ha, I linked straight back here an asked them if they could further explain the misinformation they stated to you guys, yet they didnt even have the balls to answer the question, just like gwyls or what ever his name is, never had the balls to post his academic work he did on london of lions...thats because they're all made up up by butt hurt bear fanatics....published* published*...? Yes, an observation trumps an opinion, regardless. An validity based on time? I thought it was substance, proof and evidence? lol Back then they had to go out in the field to actually be known as biologist, now days people can get their certifications on line without even seeing a live animal. ha ha ha talk about validity.

:troll::troll::troll:
:troll::troll::troll:

*Wink*

I guess with no other refuting... from you an angryredman, I'll level down my retorts as well.
(edited 8 years ago)

These grevys zebras weigh 350–450 kg (770–990 lb almost twice as big as a lion:

A lion can kill a zebra with one blow of its sledge-hammer paw. An incident was observed where a zebra was dead in half a second. A hunter who performed an autopsy found one lethal blow had dislocated the zebras neck.
http://www.rhinoresourcecenter.com/pdf_files/129/1299889747.pdf

A traveller in South Africa once saw a magnificent male lion strike down and kill a
zebra with a single blow of his huge fore paw. Instead of tearing it in pieces he
stood beside the carcase waving his tail, raised his head to look around, and ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22A+traveller+in+South+Africa+once+saw+a+magnificent+male+lion+strike+down+and+kill+a+zebra%22&tbm=bks&tbo=1&oq=%22A+traveller+in+South+Africa+once+saw+a+magnificent+male+lion+strike+down+and+kill+a+zebra%22&gs_l=heirloom-serp.3...3120.9927.0.10048.8.1.0.7.0.0.462.462.4-1.1.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-serp..8.0.0.SpOUWeMWsfo

he came up to the zebra, he made a sudden spring and with his right paw
struck the animal a terrific blow on the neck. The zebra dropped instantly. The
lion did not renew the attack. He walked a little distance away and then stood
there
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22zebra%2C+he+made+a+sudden+spring+and+with+his+right+paw+struck+the+animal+a+terrific+blow+on+the+neck%22+&tbm=bks&tbo=1&oq=%22zebra%2C+he+made+a+sudden+spring+and+with+his+right+paw+struck+the+animal+a+terrific+blow+on+the+neck%22+&gs_l=heirloom-serp.3...3920.4318.0.4505.2.2.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-serp..2.0.0.lHxaVFvv20U

As he reached the zebra the younger lion swung around with a savage snarl and
the old fellow tumbling end over end at least
ten feet out in the grass.
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=%22a+savage+snarl+and+with+one+terrific+blow+of+his+paw+sent%22

(edited 8 years ago)

These grevys zebras weigh 350–450 kg (770–990 lb almost twice as big as a lion:

A lion can kill a zebra with one blow of its sledge-hammer paw. An incident was observed where a zebra was dead in half a second. A hunter who performed an autopsy found one lethal blow had dislocated the zebras neck.

A traveller in South Africa once saw a magnificent male lion strike down and kill a
zebra with a single blow of his huge fore paw. Instead of tearing it in pieces he
stood beside the carcase waving his tail, raised his head to look around, and ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22A+traveller+in+South+Africa+once+saw+a+magnificent+male+lion+strike+down+and+kill+a+zebra%22&tbm=bks&tbo=1&oq=%22A+traveller+in+South+Africa+once+saw+a+magnificent+male+lion+strike+down+and+kill+a+zebra%22&gs_l=heirloom-serp.3...3120.9927.0.10048.8.1.0.7.0.0.462.462.4-1.1.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-serp..8.0.0.SpOUWeMWsfo

he came up to the zebra, he made a sudden spring and with his right paw
struck the animal a terrific blow on the neck. The zebra dropped instantly. The
lion did not renew the attack. He walked a little distance away and then stood
there
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22zebra%2C+he+made+a+sudden+spring+and+with+his+right+paw+struck+the+animal+a+terrific+blow+on+the+neck%22+&tbm=bks&tbo=1&oq=%22zebra%2C+he+made+a+sudden+spring+and+with+his+right+paw+struck+the+animal+a+terrific+blow+on+the+neck%22+&gs_l=heirloom-serp.3...3920.4318.0.4505.2.2.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-serp..2.0.0.lHxaVFvv20U

As he reached the zebra the younger lion swung around with a savage snarl and
the old fellow tumbling end over end at least
ten feet out in the grass.
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&tbo=1&q=%22a+savage+snarl+and+with+one+terrific+blow+of+his+paw+sent%22

Greys will chase and kick lions to death though. They are definiteley the badassest (pun intended) of horses
Greys will chase and kick lions to death though. They are definiteley the badassest (pun intended) of horses

An this is why the lion is more battle savy, combat experienced, an has more fight gameness than any polar or brown bear, brown bears in the L vs B thread were kicked to death over 20 times by horses, mules and donkeys...yet where are the hundreds of accounts of brown bears killing horses? Havent even seen one video, not a single one...this is because bears are not gamed hunters or fighters, they can neither catch one, nor take the kicks from one.

Yet in all of history we dont see the matching of how frequent lions killing zebra, an yet the first time a lion has ever brought into sights with a horse, a lion does what no bear ever could...the lion just speed blitzes the horse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DI3hIaPGdk

Bears are not as explosive, fast, agile an athletic as lions, not even close. Lions can jump 2-3 times their length:

And 2-3x their height:

An spring almost 50 feet, land...and be unharmed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcEFTGb_ZR0

Theres practically no where a bear could hide:

Bears would then have to hide in caves, lions would need to hide from nothing, or no other predator, even if the ancient cave bears and short faced bears were around, african lions would still out compete them, strength in unity always beats size, two lions can kill a adult elephant, no bear has ever been that big in history of earth. A lion can somersault right over the bear an land on a vital area for a killing bite or blow, the bear is limited in what he can do.

C'mon, theres over a thousand records of lions killing buffalo, zebra, eland ect with 100's of times they have done it alone...yet not a single video or genuine abstracts of a brownie killing a bull bison, bull moose, or male horse? lol Thats because bears are not as combative as you all want them to be, they are just salvagers of vegatation, an if calf comes along, its only easy picking an will offer up no struggle compared to what lions routinely kill.
An this is why the lion is more battle savy, combat experienced, an has more fight gameness than any polar or brown bear, brown bears in the L vs B thread were kicked to death over 20 times by horses, mules and donkeys...yet where are the hundreds of accounts of brown bears killing horses? Havent even seen one video, not a single one...this is because bears are not gamed hunters or fighters, they can neither catch one, nor take the kicks from one.

Yet in all of history we dont see the matching of how frequent lions killing zebra, an yet the first time a lion has ever brought into sights with a horse, a lion does what no bear ever could...the lion just speed blitzes the horse:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DI3hIaPGdk

Bears are not as explosive, fast, agile an athletic as lions, not even close. Lions can jump 2-3 times their length:

And 2-3x their height:

An spring almost 50 feet, land...and be unharmed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcEFTGb_ZR0

Theres practically no where a bear could hide:

Bears would then have to hide in caves, lions would need to hide from nothing, or no other predator, even if the ancient cave bears and short faced bears were around, african lions would still out compete them, strength in unity always beats size, two lions can kill a adult elephant, no bear has ever been that big in history of earth. A lion can somersault right over the bear an land on a vital area for a killing bite or blow, the bear is limited in what he can do.

C'mon, theres over a thousand records of lions killing buffalo, zebra, eland ect with 100's of times they have done it alone...yet not a single video or genuine abstracts of a brownie killing a bull bison, bull moose, or male horse? lol Thats because bears are not as combative as you all want them to be, they are just salvagers of vegatation, an if calf comes along, its only easy picking an will offer up no struggle compared to what lions routinely kill.

I feel as if you would really enjoy Mammal March Madness! Although probs not if the winner wasn't a lion. But there's no lionfish year so you could just sit back and enjoy.
Its not me just wanting them to win....they just win all on their own:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3918317

Quick Reply

Latest