Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Used to work in mail sorting but that was temp

Hoping to get full time work when I graduate

ReputationRep:
    Company and job position?
    BHS (British Home Stores) as a Sales Associate.

Number of hours employed per week?
    4 contracted hours on a Sat but will usually do over time on Tuesdays/Sundays when it's available.

Hourly rate?
    £6.50

Any other benefits?
    20% staff discount on clothes, accessories etc.
    10% staff discount on concessions (DVDs/CDs, sweets, Wallis)

How did you hear about the job?
    Job hunting website although can't remember which one. Applied with CV.

ReputationRep:
    McDonald's, CrewMember.
    16-20
    Hourly rate?
    £4.80 I'm 17!
    (depends on the restaurant, some people i know are only on £4.13 for the same position)
    Any other benefits?
    Employee Discounts, make loads of new friends, easy promotion opportunities (crew member, crew trainer, shift/floor manager, manager...) and of course... free food!:L
    Just applied online, easy process, basically builds your CV on the website with the questions it asks so no need to make one for this job. The interview process was so comfortable, sat down and given situations etc, then an on job evaluation (OJE) were i worked on Dive-Thru for 15 minutes to see my capability.

I have been working for McDonald's for around 8 months now and thoroughly enjoy it. I'm working towards being a Crew Trainer (around £6.00+ ph.)

ReputationRep:
    £5.40, under 18 part time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allyb_)
    McDonald's, CrewMember.
    16-20
    Hourly rate?
    £4.80 I'm 17!
    (depends on the restaurant, some people i know are only on £4.13 for the same position)
    Any other benefits?
    Employee Discounts, make loads of new friends, easy promotion opportunities (crew member, crew trainer, shift/floor manager, manager...) and of course... free food!:L
    Just applied online, easy process, basically builds your CV on the website with the questions it asks so no need to make one for this job. The interview process was so comfortable, sat down and given situations etc, then an on job evaluation (OJE) were i worked on Dive-Thru for 15 minutes to see my capability.

I have been working for McDonald's for around 8 months now and thoroughly enjoy it. I'm working towards being a Crew Trainer (around £6.00+ ph.)
    Cheers to the "McLife" As our store would say! I get £4.60 an hour and I'm 17.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caver)
    Cheers to the "McLife" As our store would say! I get £4.60 an hour and I'm 17.
    Ahaa, i'll have to use that one sometime!, yeah i was on £4.60, but we all got a 25p pay rise last month(£4.85 whoops):bban:

ReputationRep:
    Company and Job Position
    Self employed Media Composer, Mix Engineer, Mastering Engineer

Number of hours employed per week
    10-15. I should probably spend more time on it now I think about it.

Hourly rate?
    £65-110 depending on project type and scale.

Any other benefits
    Anything that takes my fancy.

How did you hear about the job
    Instinct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    That seems like a great job! Does the uni let you take exam season off as well? Where do you get to travel, is it just wherever the uni is marketing itself?
    It's all casual work so I just sign up to work as and when I can =) but i usually sign up to alot =)

It's across the whole UK and Isle of Man =) They've done a couple of European events but the work for those goes so fast =P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.