Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Thanks mum.

Even though Mothers Day isn't until May in your country, thanks anyway.

Thanks for everything that you've been through and still being here for my sister and I to this day. I know just how lucky I am to have someone like you. Someone so wise, so hardworking, so inspirational. I'm lucky to have been raised by someone who studied what you did and knows what you do and are an absolute lifesaver around the house. I feel like I take that for granted, but no more. I'll try to help where I can in the future.

I'm sorry about all of the things that you've had to go through thanks to that person, and I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you. I hope that when you retire (or earlier) you can go back home and do what you want with life. I know that you grew up there, but I see how much you enjoy going back there and travelling, visiting, eating food etc and I want to be able to fund that and visit you and see you happy for once. This motivates me to get a good job and try my hardest at university to get there - you deserve nothing less.

Love,

Me.

(Original post by BookBird)
    I can't even read anything anyone else has posted because I'll probably cry. Wish I was home right now more than ever.
    If you wanna talk, we're here <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    I'm sorry :sigh:
    Why? Lol
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    My mum is a wonderful woman. She brightens my day, is beautiful both inside and out, is the most selfless person I have ever met; she has such a kind persona and I love her more than anything. Even when times are tough for her, she still stays strong and puts others before herself. She is amazing, and I hope I am as amazing as she is one day. Thank you mum :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_20160224_104808.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  499.6 KB
    I gave this to my mum last weekend when I went home for her birthday celebrations. She loves it and I think it's adorable too. Thank you mummy for being so supportive, kind, caring and lovely over the 20 years of my life xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookBird)
    I can't even read anything anyone else has posted because I'll probably cry. Wish I was home right now more than ever.
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Mums are so under praised, that being a mummies boy is shunned upon in society, but I know that even when those I love betray me and dessert me, there is always one person that will always be there to hold me like she did when I came out in fear, weak and fragile in this cold world kicking screaming but you were the first person to comfort me, hold me, and fill my heart with love because even though I was rebellious and tried my best to push you away till the point you had tears of hurt in your eyes your heart was relentless and you always took me back and would grip me in your arms like you did when I came out of your womb kicking and screaming.

And even though I was disobedient maybe it was due to me not having a father present in my life which made me cold hearted, after witnessing as a toddler you suffering at the hands of my dads temper and violence, it traumatised me, and almost thrown in a foster home, but you fought to keep me!!! so it hurts when you compare my temper with my fathers. but you know what they say "like father like son".

But I was ignorant to how much you sacrificed for me and my sisters, you literally bleed sweat blood and tears to keep that smile on my face even if it meant working late nights you always provided no matter our circumstances while staying bubbly and thinking positive.

So I am sincerely sorry and I do appreciate you, it just took me time to understand how much of a blessing you are in my life that heaven truly lies at the feet of a mothers.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not a fan of mothers day or other holidays like this. There's just something dirty and terrible to me about a holiday where you're obligated to buy a card and flowers for your mother. I mean the day is genius. You can refuse to celebrate/participate in christmas for whatever reason, but refuse to participate in Mother's Day? You'll face a massive argument and weeks of silence for not buying your mum something for mothers day, as most mothers refuse to reflect on the traditions that they push/participate in.

To me it's just a holiday that solely exists to put more money in the pockets of big business. The sight of people in card factory almost battling for cards and tacky gifts made me feel depressed about what society has become. It's too bad that people seem to be unable to separate hating mothers day from hating your mother.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by z33)
    looking piff as ever in dat pic
    thank you

Always knew I look the best when caught off guard

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.