ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jokesonyou)
    LOOOL, unfortunately TSR dont accept this kind of banter
    ****ing hell, don't get the tsr police on me please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Agreed

Greatest of the 21st Century absolutely no question
    Imagine holding this view after M.O.M came out!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeFoUr)
    Imagine holding this view after M.O.M came out!!
    I heard it's painfully average

ReputationRep:
    I personally found some of the comments here hilarious.
    Keep them coming, please!

ReputationRep:
    Bach? Mozart? Beethoven? Mahler? Shostakovich?
    Miles Davies? Avishai Cohen? Charlie Parker? Charles Mingus?
    King Crimson? Genesis? Yes? Rush? Haken?
    Lol. The amount of talent any of those people I mentioned above put in into 5 minutes of their work is much more than Kanye West will ever produce in his existence.
    If you mean Kanye being the best pop-artist, then that's a debatable, but acceptable thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    I heard it's painfully average
    It's a solid 8/10, only thing average around here is TayTay hehe

(Original post by oShahpo)

Lol. The amount of talent any of those people I mentioned above put in into 5 minutes of their work is much more than Kanye West will ever produce in his existence.
    If you mean Kanye being the best pop-artist, then that's a debatable, but acceptable thing to say.
    never heard of so they can't be that good, certainly cannot be the best of all time
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    edgy bro, edgy

ReputationRep:

never heard of so they can't be that good, certainly cannot be the best of all time
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I apologise to your highness lord Master-critic-of-music-of-all-the-ages. '
    On a serious note, best is not synonymous with being famous. A lot of the great things in life tend to be underground and not mainstream. If you're defining best as in far-reaching, then maybe you have a point. I am defining best as in talented and complex and interesting music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    edgy bro, edgy
    true nevertheless.

ReputationRep:
    true nevertheless.
    thoughts on this?
    http://www.metacritic.com/music/my-b...asy/kanye-west

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I apologise to your highness lord Master-critic-of-music-of-all-the-ages. '
    On a serious note, best is not synonymous with being famous. A lot of the great things in life tend to be underground and not mainstream. If you're defining best as in far-reaching, then maybe you have a point. I am defining best as in talented and complex and interesting music.
    And this thread explicitly pertains to the greatest of all time, which is why Kanye is a valid shout (critically acclaimed and one of the most decorated artists in history). Music is subjective but surely the person given the GOAT statement would have mass mainstream appeal (even if they started underground) and would win multiple Grammy's. You're essentially saying that the best artist(s) of all time are unknown to 99.9% of the general public. I do agree with you that some underground artists aren't given enough recognition, but the cream always rises to the top as they say

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great album. I am not saying that Kanye West is bad, not at all. I am just saying that comparing him to artists of other genres is unfair to him. He never set out to create the most mind-boggling complex piece of music, he set out to be a good hip-hop artist and he did it very well. To say he's the greatest "artist" of all time is disrespectful to someone like Mozart who's been composing 25 minute symphonies from the age of 5.

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    GTFO

may have a listen to M.O.M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    GTFO

may have a listen to M.O.M
    It's a chill album, good luck in finding when you've transitioned from one song to the next

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great album. I am not saying that Kanye West is bad, not at all. I am just saying that comparing him to artists of other genres is unfair to him. He never set out to create the most mind-boggling complex piece of music, he set out to be a good hip-hop artist and he did it very well. To say he's the greatest "artist" of all time is disrespectful to someone like Mozart who's been composing 25 minute symphonies from the age of 5.
    Sounds like you just a bias against hip hop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Sounds like you just a bias against hip hop
    Not a bias. Bias is prejudice, my judgement is not baseless thus it's not a prejudice. Hip-hop is great, but it's never been as poetic as real poetry, or as musical as real music (classical music or jazz.)
    I am, of course, being an uptight, elitist ****. I am judging music purely on the amount of talent needed to compose and play them. However, music is a sentimental, subjective thing and you are free to think that Kanye is the best of all time in your perspective.

ReputationRep:
    yo mane Kanye isn't a pop artist, he's one of the greatest rap producers of all time, you can't listen to The College Dropout, Late Registration, or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and call him not a genius.
    And if we're talking about innovation, then all of his albums are worth bringing up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triller)
    No debate, if you don't agree with that statement, you're objectively wrong mayne
    Shame you're banned now, but was gonna post that travis scott is actually one of the most underrated rappers in the game

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.