Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've not had that either but I called them today and told them I'd need to know by the end of the week as I'm going away after then. And she said that they should be in touch by Friday and if not, I was to give them a buzz

ReputationRep:
    Think I'll give them a buzz tomorrow too ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac1994)
    Hey,

Is there anyone out there who got into the scheme and has been allocated to the North West cluster? I'm about to go on a big trip over July so I'm looking to put out some feelers with people first. Need to sort out accomodation as soon as I find out where I've been placed so was interested in discussing that with people. Like, do you think it's a good idea to live with other trainees? Also, I will be skint so finding somewhere as affordable as possible would be ideal - anyone got any thoughts on the best way to tackle this?
    I've been allocated the North West cluster, emailed to see if there was anything further North (currently live in Newcastle) but sadly not, which is fine because it was a stab in the dark and I'll be happy anywhere really. I'm waiting to hear from them about where I'll actually be but I'd be aiming to move into a pre-existing house share - been looking at Spare Room a fair bit too which would probably be my first port of call for finding a place.

ReputationRep:
    That's a good shout. I'll definitely check it out! Is there a way to dm message on this? I'm keen to start getting in touch with people on the scheme before I go away for the next few weeks but I don't want to be splashing about my name etc. on a public forum

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've been put in the North West cluster as well, for corporate roles in project management and coordination. On the email they said cities such as "Liverpool, Sheffield or Wakefield" though... Did they name specific cities on yours? And what type of role are they looking at for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.B!;[url="tel:66344318")
    66344318[/url]]Hi

I've been put in the North West cluster as well, for corporate roles in project management and coordination. On the email they said cities such as "Liverpool, Sheffield or Wakefield" though... Did they name specific cities on yours? And what type of role are they looking at for you?
    Hi so they mentioned Manchester in my email so it looks like they do specify city which is interesting. I'm in corporate roles too. Has anyone else heard about specific placement?

ReputationRep:
    I was originally told I was on the waiting list but then, have been updated on Friday and they said they can offer me a place but haven't been in touch about a specific placement! Im very keen to know where I will be, as people I live with now are wanting to look for a new house after August and I need to decide if I will join them or not.
    So they just give you a generic area for now?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been given specific placement details yet?

ReputationRep:
    Nope I haven't even been given general details ..., just that I have a place! Does anyone know where they will be placed yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahhannah)
    Anyone been given specific placement details yet?
    Nope, I haven't heard anything yet. Waiting on them today and if I haven't heard by 3:00 I'm going to drop them a line. Contacted them via Facebook and one of their team said they'd follow it up but they were doing current cohort stuff last week which might be why it's taking a bit longer.

ReputationRep:
    I've just emailed them - super politely - to ask if they can at least give me an idea of when offers will be sent out, because the pdf guide said we'd know by yesterday, but still nothing...

ReputationRep:
    So this is the response I just got to my email asking about timescale...

' Hi Sarah Thanks for your email. You were offered a place on the Programme - which means we think you would be a great Graduate Trainee. What we now do is try to match you with a role that meets your preferences, skills and interests. We are optimistic that we will be able to find you a placement, but we cannot guarantee it. As soon as we do find something that we think might be a good match we will be in contact with you either on the phone or via email. Apologies if this process wasn't clear to you. I hope that clears it up. You can check in with the team at any stage if you want an update on your status. Regards CW Team'

Safe to say I'm pretty fuming right now...
    Has anyone else heard about specific placements or does this apply to everyone who has been told they have a place?*

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a placement and told the location etc but it really isn't the kind of role I'd like to be doing It is frustrating how long the process is, and then to not even be given a position you're happy about is so disheartening. I've heard that they're known for being disorganised and so far my experience has definitely confirmed this.

I wouldn't be afraid to call them politely and ask some questions- even knowing whether there are potential roles in your cluster is better than this radio silence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snakes57575)
    I've been offered a placement and told the location etc but it really isn't the kind of role I'd like to be doing It is frustrating how long the process is, and then to not even be given a position you're happy about is so disheartening. I've heard that they're known for being disorganised and so far my experience has definitely confirmed this.

I wouldn't be afraid to call them politely and ask some questions- even knowing whether there are potential roles in your cluster is better than this radio silence.
    Urgh that's so annoying, yes that's my worry too.. That after all this waiting they will give me something I don't even want! It has the potential to be somethings great but I don't really want to loose accommodation or other jobs because of this waiting!
    I'm currently in Kenya so can't call them, just having to put up with their slow email responses!
    So out of interest if you don't accept the role they have offered you- what happens?x

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had their specific placement confirmed / approved by the host organisation yet?

ReputationRep:
    I was waitlisted and have just been offered a placement in central London (role/organisation confirmed). Is anyone in the London cluster still looking for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I'm based in London but already live here. Have you met with the organisation yet?

ReputationRep:
    No not yet, but guessing it will be a phone call as I'm up in Scotland. Have you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.