Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If your parents died today would you be sad? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Of course I would be equally sad for either of them. What a stupid question.
    not really, since some have had different experiences with their parents so opinions such as myself may differ
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by thefatone)
    hmmm emtional wreck is the category for you .... hope you don't become too sad and depressed when the time comes though :console:
    Well, I can't express emotions, it's always bottled up, if that makes any sense - which makes it even worse in a way - I doubt anyone that knows me would describe me as an emotional wreck. Sorrow and depression on the other hand, comes from within and remains with you with no hope of release, so thanks, I too hope it doesn't come to that. :sigh:

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    dam don't kill yourself if there's no good convincing reason to, think about consequences and what you would theoretically feel after all the pain.
    :lol: look man the way i see it
    we're all gonna die anyway
    if you know your life is gonna be absolutely horrible and full of pain and **** why endure 50 years of that **** before reaching the same ending? you could end it then and it'll be much less painful overall
    #selfishAF but tbh no one is truly selfless

but it's okay my mum's not dead and hopefully she lives a full healthy life

now that was depressing lemme cheer you up :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I would be absolutely distraught - I cannot imagine my life without them and would not want to live a life without them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Of course I would be equally sad for either of them. What a stupid question.
    like i said different people have been in different situations with their parents and i'm just interested to see what answer they'd give
    (Original post by opaleyes)
    What a ridiculous post. My mum has terminal cancer and you wouldn't care if you lost your dad? I think you need to stop being so ungrateful! Your parents are alive and healthy, make the most of what you can before you regret it.
    your mum has nothing to do with me but not really for my dad, i have my special reasons
    like i said i have my reasons
    there's not much i regret

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Well, I can't express emotions, it's always bottled up, if that makes any sense - which makes it even worse in a way - I doubt anyone that knows me would describe me as an emotional wreck. Sorrow and depression on the other hand, comes from within and remains with you with no hope of release, so thanks, I too hope it doesn't come to that. :sigh:

How about you?
    yup i bottle up everything since my logic goes as follows: no-one wanta to know about my problems so i'll keep them to myself
    (Original post by z33)
    :lol: look man the way i see it
    we're all gonna die anyway
    if you know your life is gonna be absolutely horrible and full of pain and **** why endure 50 years of that **** before reaching the same ending? you could end it then and it'll be much less painful overall
    #selfishAF but tbh no one is truly selfless

but it's okay my mum's not dead and hopefully she lives a full healthy life

now that was depressing lemme cheer you up :lol:

agreed, that's a derpy face
    (Original post by NeoMarxist)
    I would be absolutely distraught - I cannot imagine my life without them and would not want to live a life without them.
    makes sense quite reasonable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687;63779477[b)
    ]this is pathetic, people saying that they wouldnt mind if their "dad died" or their "mum died"[/b]

for Gods sake at the end of the day they are still your parents

ofc you'd be devastated this is a ridiculous thread tbh
    So what? Not everyone has good parents. For all you know, that parent could have been abusive...You shouldn't really be saying that unless you knew their situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    :party2:nooo i would rather be happy and crack a party :party2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Obviously i'll be dying in tears :cry::cry::cry:
    hahhahahahaha...... one crazy guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    For my "dad" I'd probably celebrate, it's the moment he'll get what he deserves

But with my mum I sincerely hope that I will be upset and actually come to terms with it, unlike the death of other family members. I feel bad that I'm not really phased by their deaths, but I'm not in touch with my emotions at all. So it was just being notified where I just accept it and kind of move on with my day, I feel seriously bad about it but I'm seriously so emotionless.

Anyway. This got waaaay too deep and is turning in to a therapy sesion
    Agree with your first bit about 'dad' but in my case I have to put my 'mother' in that category too.

ReputationRep:
    Guys tell me something, is it easier to get accepted into a masters degree than bachelors? Reason I'm asking is because university website tend to keep a detailed entry requirement for bachelors but for masters it just says 2.1, do you think getting a first from a 51st rankd uni having tonnes of work experience can get you into the top for master??? please advice BROOTHAs nd SISTAS
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Not really about my dad; like I'd go to his funeral and stuff but would I be overly upset? Probably not. My mum a little more so but I'm not that close to any of my family...apart from my cat.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how your relationship is with your parents. I on the other hand would be devastated 😪

ReputationRep:
    and it's back xD but yea i got a topic for my next thread, it's about tickling.http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post63782075
    OK, yes I see it has

I'd be beyond just sad if my mum died!! I haven't seen my dad in 7 years though so I don't know how I'd feel. Probably sad in a detached way?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'd be devastated.

I'd like to offer my sympathy to everyone who wouldn't be sad. Whatever the reason for that is, it can't be good. :console:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by opaleyes)
    What a ridiculous post. My mum has terminal cancer and you wouldn't care if you lost your dad? I think you need to stop being so ungrateful! Your parents are alive and healthy, make the most of what you can before you regret it.
    Stop it. Your mum having terminal cancer has nothing to do with me or anyone else and their situations. I adore my dad and would be distraught if anything happened to him. My mother, on the other hand, has been part of about 25% of my life and only about 2% of that has actually been somewhat good. Of course I would care if she died but I would be fine. There is nothing that I want to 'make the most of' with her. I haven't seen her in two years and it hasn't affected me negatively.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    a lot of women here not very keen on their dad's lol explains a lot of issues in society.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would be devastated !!

I am extremely close with my parents and cannot live without them !

ReputationRep:
    Personally i could care any less about my dad but all my love and care would go to my mum though....

what about the rest of you all?
    I looked through your other threads and all I could find was you saying your parents pissed you off because they asked you to look after your younger brother.

Honestly, most people on this thread saying "I wouldnt care about ______ dying" are ********ting. Sure, if your dad was never around, or sexually assaulted you, or whatever else, you probably wouldnt care. But just because they 'told me to clean my room' or 'made me babysit' or 'they yelled at me' - those aren't reasons to be happy about their deaths.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.