Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got a moto g 3rd generation.
    Waterproof, decent camera which I use to take clear pictures of the whiteboard all the time. Can get through a normal day without it even being fully charged most of the time. Can put an SD card in to expand the memory, you can put apps on the SD card which is useful.
    I have it for £13 a month on three, 500mb data (some minutes, can't remember how many, rarely use them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    Hey TSRians :ciao:
    So my contract is near to end - ending in may though but i can't wait to get a new one :dance:
    i am very confused -i dunno which phone should i get:question::question::question:
    i am on a EE contract pay monthly- 500MB with unlimited text and 500min calls
    currently, i have Nokia which has NOTHING in it- no quality camera, no apps NOTHING - can't even download TSR app :cry2:
    so my requirements are:
    high resolution of the camera - so i can take pictures of the whiteboard because sometimes i can't be bothered writing all that stuff
    MUST be Andriod - regretting having a Nokia one but now i need android operating system so i can have exciting apps like TSR and study related ones :yeah:
    plus long battery life - long enough that can, at least, a full day
    in terms of size - not too big nor too small - compact size is fine
    budget wise - £20-25 per month - if less than that then its fab :cute:
    Can any TSRians recommend me any phone?
    Which one do you have and how is it???
    :top:
    If you are looking to buy a fairly cheap phone, you might want to look at the ulefone power (http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...ry-in-tow.html). If you want to spend a bit more, look at the lg g4/ samsung s6.

ReputationRep:
    how awful it is- on a scale 1-10 (10 being the best)

but i am on EE contract
    3 or 4, today the battery on mine was especially terrible and was losing 10% with me just being on snapchat ¬_¬ It charges really fast if you use the included charger but still not very helpful if you're out all day. If you can find the S7 on a cheap deal I'd go for that instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM999)
    If you are looking to buy a fairly cheap phone, you might want to look at the ulefone power (http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...ry-in-tow.html). If you want to spend a bit more, look at the lg g4/ samsung s6.
    the thing is that i am on EE contract and i cann have only those phones they offer
    i may get galaxy s6

ReputationRep:
    the thing is that i am on EE contract and i cann have only those phones they offer
    i may get galaxy s6
    You can just cancel your ee contract and move somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Can anyone recommend a phone with great camera quality but not Apple?
    Lg g4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    You can just cancel your ee contract and move somewhere else
    my dady isn't gonna do that because he is pretty stiff - he is getting me a phone is a big deal

ReputationRep:
    my dady isn't gonna do that because he is pretty stiff - he is getting me a phone is a big deal
    Why wouldnt he let you move to another provider when there are better deals on other networks?

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldnt he let you move to another provider when there are better deals on other networks?
    because its effort thats why

ReputationRep:
    because its effort thats why
    All you have to do is order a new one then ring up and ask to cancel and ask for your pac code, takes like 5 minutes and could save you a lot of money

ReputationRep:
    All you have to do is order a new one then ring up and ask to cancel and ask for your pac code, takes like 5 minutes and could save you a lot of money
    but what if after 2 yrs i change my contract again to EE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    oneplus 2?
    https://oneplus.net/uk/2
    I remember trying to buy this phone back in October. Except:

1) Horrendous invite system before you could even buy the damn thing. Upon which, there is a good 3-6 weeks delivery time
    2) You could opt for a 16gb model at £230, which was absolutely useless. 64gb was £280, and if you wanted swappable back covers that would bump the price up to £320...
    3) USB type-c charger. If you ever lose it, you're screwed
    4) Customer support. Good luck getting any.
    5) To try and advertise this phone as a "flagship killer", I'm assuming that was the reason OnePlus decided to cut corners on quality such as speed, camera quality, etc. But for a £320 price point, I just bought an actual flagship and called it a day.

(Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Can anyone recommend a phone with great camera quality but not Apple?
    Sony Xperia if you can afford it

Otherwise, LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy S6 are pretty much tied in terms of camera quality (G4 is easier on the pockets)

ReputationRep:
    but what if after 2 yrs i change my contract again to EE
    I dont get the issue. You just move to them makes no difference

ReputationRep:
    I dont get the issue. You just move to them makes no difference
    so which ones is good for samsung galaxy s6?

ReputationRep:
    so which ones is good for samsung galaxy s6?
    If you're sure you want an s6 then have a look at sites like http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals...alaxy_s6_32gb/

ReputationRep:
    If you're sure you want an s6 then have a look at sites like http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/deals...alaxy_s6_32gb/
    out of all of them - i think EE provides the better offer! without upfront

ReputationRep:
    out of all of them - i think EE provides the better offer! without upfront
    I would still personally go down the sim free route, but it's your decision

ReputationRep:
    I would still personally go down the sim free route, but it's your decision
    where is simfree option that site ?

ReputationRep:
    where is simfree option that site ?
    http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals , then you buy the phone elsewhere (e.g. from carphone warehouse etc)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals , then you buy the phone elsewhere (e.g. from carphone warehouse etc)
    i already have a sim :s for almost 4 yrs
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry if i am eating you head atm - my dady actually likes to go the easiest way possible

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.