Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

wow a human that breathes air just like me amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Not really. He seems to know more about Islam than any atheist I've met on here.
    I meant the atheists who've investigated the question of does a deity exist properly, Chemting being one of them.

ReputationRep:
    if I "saw" a muslim? how exactly would I know that somebody is a muslim without making racial (etc) generalisations? I don't know how to read people's minds to know their religious convictions

but let's put that lack of logic aside and assume that I could read minds: if I saw a female muslim, I'd think "poor girl". if I saw a male muslim, I'd think "I hope they don't act upon their religious tenets, for my safety"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    I meant the atheists who've investigated the question of does a deity exist properly, Chemting being one of them.
    Sure, I agree, he probably does know more than a lot of Muslims (myself included). But I haven't really met other atheists on here who've investigated that like he did, which is why I'm kinda amazed.

ReputationRep:
    A person.

ReputationRep:
    If it was a fit muslim gyal, i would think of shagging her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    For a non Muslim how do you know so much about islam?
    Life works in mysterious ways my friend...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Atheists always know more about religions than the followers of those religions. It's why we're atheists. We researched the religions in detail and concluded that those religions were decimated by science. No offence...
    Arguably I have found Atheists are good at learning factual information about religions but they are unable to apply it correctly half of the time, which is one of the reasons why they disregard religion, and it's that's the gulf between them knowing a lot but having little knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Arguably I have found Atheists are good at learning factual information about religions but they are unable to apply it correctly half of the time, which is one of the reasons why they disregard religion, and it's that's the gulf between them knowing a lot but having little knowledge.
    That's true, a lot of atheists never dig deep enough into how religious ideas are applied. It's important to investigate why religious people are religious and how they interpret different parts of the religions. That way you can apply those ideas the way religious people do and can test them fairly.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.