Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th and 14th June 2016 - AQA GCSE History B *Official Exam Thread* Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjklyd)
    the exam is out of 60? I thought it was 48/60 for an A* last year
    Yeah it is out of 60! OMG so is around 40 an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darius_M)
    What are you predicted usually for history?
    My predicted grade was an A* but I think my teacher just has false hope in me because I did alright in the mock paper (which was a godsend compared to this :lol:). You?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is out of 60! OMG so is around 40 an A?
    Yeah last year it was 42 for an A and 48 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil19)
    ours was out of 81; aspects on int relations with Germany 1918-45..
    are you doing AQA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    My predicted grade was an A* but I think my teacher just has false hope in me because I did alright in the mock paper (which was a godsend compared to this :lol:). You?
    For me it's complicated tbh, when I came here (2 years ago) I was new... so usually was sitting on C's and D's; in unit 1 however I almost got an A but that was months ago, hope I've improved haha. As long as you try your best it's all fine.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for that Solidarity source question lol

Smh I found the source in like a 10 second google search :cry:

ReputationRep:
    For me it's complicated tbh, when I came here (2 years ago) I was new... so usually was sitting on C's and D's; in unit 1 however I almost got an A but that was months ago, hope I've improved haha. As long as you try your best it's all fine.
    That's an amazing improvement so really well done! I'm sure you got an A or A* in this paper Yeah fairs, I tried for this exam so even if I don't get the grade I wanted/was predicted at least I won't have many regrets??

ReputationRep:
    That's an amazing improvement so really well done! I'm sure you got an A or A* in this paper Yeah fairs, I tried for this exam so even if I don't get the grade I wanted/was predicted at least I won't have many regrets??
    Haha <3 thank you. Well that's what I meant, as long as you put in the effort, it doesn't matter at the end of the day as long as you know you've done everything you could in order to achieve it. You'll be fine!
    How confident do you feel about unit 2? You do the Vietnam section, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfghjklyd)
    are you doing AQA?
    Nope OCR A011/01

ReputationRep:
    Oops I'm on the wrong exam board thread lollll

ReputationRep:
    Roman Catholic Church?? Did you do the AQA exam? Because I do Edexcel and that was not on my exam lol

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to say... XD

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find the GCSE AQA HISTORY B exam? I answered questions from topic 1, 2 and 3. It went okay for me I guess, but found some questions difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Haha <3 thank you. Well that's what I meant, as long as you put in the effort, it doesn't matter at the end of the day as long as you know you've done everything you could in order to achieve it. You'll be fine!
    How confident do you feel about unit 2? You do the Vietnam section, right?
    No problem Thanks
    Meh, haven't really looked at unit 2 for a while but I think there are less events and its more about knowing all the stats etc instead :/ I hate the exam format though (10 mark source question and 12 mark essays ).
    I'm not confident about Vietnam though. What other topics do you do? I do Tsarist Russia and then Stalin's Russia

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarBubbles2000)
    Roman Catholic Church?? Did you do the AQA exam? Because I do Edexcel and that was not on my exam lol
    Yeah we all did the AQA exam

ReputationRep:
    No problem Thanks
    Meh, haven't really looked at unit 2 for a while but I think there are less events and its more about knowing all the stats etc instead :/ I hate the exam format though (10 mark source question and 12 mark essays ).
    I'm not confident about Vietnam though. What other topics do you do? I do Tsarist Russia and then Stalin's Russia
    Yeah, I do exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for that Solidarity source question lol

Smh I found the source in like a 10 second google search :cry:
    I just wrote that I agree with it and then I said there are also other reason as to why Solidarity was succesful such as Reagan's support and it's popularity. Hopefully i'm not mistaken

ReputationRep:
    I just wrote that I agree with it and then I said there are also other reason as to why Solidarity was succesful such as Reagan's support and it's popularity. Hopefully i'm not mistaken
    shiiiittt lol that sounds right I'd never heard of the church in this course so I just said something along the lines of Lech Walesa being the founder so he's the one who made it successful

ReputationRep:
    For the solidarity success question: I wrote how such a large proportion of Poland were Catholic and the Pope was Polish and came to give speeches and encouraged strikes and stuff. Then I wrote about other things like their reforms and support from USA, then about reliability of source.

But for the Helsinki question...... The only thing I knew was that it was in 1975 and the question told you that. Lol that was a fail XD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.