Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Will there be any independents standing in the GE?
    Probably not.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Rakas21 I have changed the thread title (your one sounds better).
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    1) Purely for the sake of it, the thread should be called 'Notification of a General Election' (admittedly, the PM went and told people much earlier).

2) You forgot to point out that all items will be withdrawn or sent to vote on Thursday.

3) Technically you should have also pointed out that parliament is hereby dissolved and no new items will be accepted.

Other than that, good going and good luck with your first election. Your not the only speaker to be slightly incorrect once or twice.
    Following Birchington's precedent, we will be allowing items to go to vote as late as Saturday 9th April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    It begins.

I will probably vote Tory as usual, manifesto permitting.
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Following Birchington's precedent, we will be allowing items to go to vote as late as Saturday 9th April.
    While i suppose it makes no difference in the Mhoc i should point out that your essentially allowing MP's to vote on the equivalent of election day. At the very least all qued submissions should be sent out tomorrow to allowing them several days of debate if your doing that.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    :sad:
    To be fair, I have no idea who I will vote for or if I even will. If there is an interesting indie then it will probably be them.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    While i suppose it makes no difference in the Mhoc i should point out that your essentially allowing MP's to vote on the equivalent of election day. At the very least all qued submissions should be sent out tomorrow to allowing them several days of debate if your doing that.
    There is no queue of items - all submitted items have now been posted. Technically yes, but the election won't start until 9pm (probably), so all voting will have concluded before then.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I have no idea who I will vote for or if I even will. If there is an interesting indie then it will probably be them.
    Has employment started tugging you to the right yet or are you still resisting.

ReputationRep:
    Vote Labour, we gave you a Digital Bill of Rights
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And tried to increase council tax 8 fold

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Has employment started tugging you to the right yet or are you still resisting.
    Interestingly my career is of a type that means I have tended to be the only Labour supporter in an office of > 50. As always, I hold opinions that place me in various sections of the spectrum as people here would understand it, but I am broadly still best described as a social democrat I think. If I were to ever move to the right I severely doubt it will be working that causes it. I am more than happy to pay the higher rate of tax if when it comes to it, for example.

Did you do anything meaningful to combat homelessness or educational inequality? Did you give anything lovely to the elderly for free? :ninja: :holmes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It begins.

I will probably vote Tory as usual, manifesto permitting.
    whhaaat? Just as I was starting to like ye Byronic
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    *coughcough*

Labour literally just gave it a rubber stamp. Some of you were completely indifferent to it at best.

We collaborated and worked on some good things in Government, but the Digital Bill of Rights is a Liberal Achievement. One of numerous Liberal Pledges put into action.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I'm not going to bother asking for your vote as you haven't seen manifestos and things like that yet - just make sure you stick around as you're bloody hilarious and you lighten the place up
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Interesting...you're claiming credit for something your party didn't propose nor write? :holmes:

Cause Petros made it clear that it was a Liberal member's contribution...sneaking credit would be an awful way to treat your coalition partners.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Interesting...you're claiming credit for something your party didn't propose nor write? :holmes:

Cause Petros made it clear that it was a Liberal member's contribution...sneaking credit would be an awful way to treat your coalition partners.
    Just like they promised to pass a piece of legislation they had already squeezed through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Interesting...you're claiming credit for something your party didn't propose nor write? Cause Petros made it clear that it was a Liberal member's contribution...sneaking credit would be an awful way to treat your coalition partners.
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    *coughcough*

Labour literally just gave it a rubber stamp. Some of you were completely indifferent to it at best.

We collaborated and worked on some good things in Government, but the Digital Bill of Rights is a Liberal Achievement. One of numerous Liberal Pledges put into action.
    A simple mistake for which I apologise. It shows how seamlessly we worked together(and the fact that it's 1 in the morning right now) that I can't remember which party proposed what.

What Labour did give everyone, however, was more efficient and democratic local government and protection from discrimination at work if you are asexual, as well as more funding for mental health and strident action to tackle the obesity epidemic, among other things.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    A simple mistake for which I apologise. It shows how seamlessly we worked together(and the fact that it's 1 in the morning right now) that I can't remember which party proposed what.

What Labour did give you, however, was more efficient and democratic local government and protection from discrimination at work if you are asexual, as well as more funding for mental health and strident action to tackle the obesity epidemic, among other things.
    Mental Health Funding was another Liberal Manifesto pledge Though in all fairness, you guys did also overwhelmingly support it and it would have been on the agenda even if the Liberals hadn't have pledged it.

The Sugar Tax was also a Liberal Pledge...xD

ReputationRep:
    Mental Health Funding was another Liberal Manifesto pledge Though in all fairness, you guys did also overwhelmingly support it and it would have been on the agenda even if the Liberals hadn't have pledged it.

I remember suggesting a Digital Bill of Rights in the Labour manifesto thread this time last GE so that might have been one of our pledges as well.....and the mental health funding was in a statement that got written by a Labourite

Let's stop bickering over who did what and agree on this: both our parties pledged to do some great stuff, when we got into government together we did that and then we thought up more great stuff and did that too

ReputationRep:

You forget that the Liberals are Labour's lapdogs and yes-men, so any Liberal pledge is, by extension, a Labour pledge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.