Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what's youre favourate japanese / anime songs? Watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Hey, guys!

You surely know the well known anime Captain future.
    Erm, actually this is the first time I've heard of it! :o: Then again, it's from the 70s, and seems to lack a full English translation (another series rewritten by Harmony Gold, by the sounds of things).

(Original post by Kallisto)
    I have never known that there is an ending in Japanese which sounds so beatiful. Test it for yourselves!

It's not a bad theme, but my favourite theme from the 70s has to be the ED for Captain Harlock (Warera no Tabidachi by Ichirou Mizuki).

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Erm, actually this is the first time I've heard of it! :o: Then again, it's from the 70s, and seems to lack a full English translation (another series rewritten by Harmony Gold, by the sounds of things).
    (...)
    Oh yeah, I know you are not so aware of animes which were aired in the 70s. Don't sweat it!

It's not a bad theme, but my favourite theme from the 70s has to be the ED for Captain Harlock (Warera no Tabidachi by Ichirou Mizuki).
    Oh, I remember. You have send a soundtrack to it long time before.

If you ask me, the Japanese ending of captain future is a bit weird. In the background captain future can be seen in a futuristic period of time, while there is a girl with a dog seeable which are living in the late 19th century/the beginning of the 20th century and spending time with each other at the same time. Should this be a contrast between present and future? that puzzled me a bit.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rayestar)
    I love UverWorld!!! I recently listened to D Techno Life. Have you tried:
    SHAMROCK
    Zero no Kotae
    Ai ta kokoro

They're my fav!
    btw they're all uverworld

my fav uverworld is hakanaku mo towa no kanashi, qualia and go-on
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Got a couple of aimer songs: first is brave shine and the second will be RE: I AM

• Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Obviously the Vocaloids
    I also love the opening for Tokyo Ghoul (Unravel) and ending of Free! (Splash Free by Style Five)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There's this hot Jpop group called Lead and their song Stand and Fight is just amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieran12321LFC)
    Obvs not all the people will be odd, but the vast majority are
    Honestly, people who like animes and Jpop/Kpop are some of the coolest people you will ever meet. The anime fandom is HUUUGGEE. Are you saying all of those people are weird? Anyways, weird is the new normal isn't it?

Maybe you don't like anime or people who watch anime but that's just your opinion. It's not a fact that they're all weirdos. Some I'm afraid you're wrong here.So stop judging and broaden your mind to all the wonderful differences out there.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I liked the theme fro Cowboy Bepop
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheMaskedLady)
    Honestly, people who like animes and Jpop/Kpop are some of the coolest people you will ever meet. The anime fandom is HUUUGGEE. Are you saying all of those people are weird? Anyways, weird is the new normal isn't it?

Maybe you don't like anime or people who watch anime but that's just your opinion. It's not a fact that they're all weirdos. Some I'm afraid you're wrong here.So stop judging and broaden your mind to all the wonderful differences out there.
    in fairness, he later amended his statement saying that a vast majority are closet fans and it was the majority he has encountered who are open are a bit weird
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    your opinion of real folk blues?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Its ok I like the opening theme better. I tend to binge watch so i end uf fast forwarding through themes. Dont have the vocal dexterity to sing along properly.....
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Its ok I like the opening theme better. I tend to binge watch so i end uf fast forwarding through themes. Dont have the vocal dexterity to sing along properly.....
    I know some people who play for jazz socs at unis in the UK. apparently this is a popular song for concerts (fun fact, the weird noise at the end of tank is a woodwind reed by itself)

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Aimer is a masterpiece from No.6 and Zankyou no Terror are my faves!! as are the OPs in Noragami, both seasons
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Arima)
    Anything by Aimer is a masterpiece from No.6 and Zankyou no Terror are my faves!! as are the OPs in Noragami, both seasons
    whats your opinions of post64 & post 65 songs?

Im not a fan of last stardust and staringchild but otherwise think shes good (especially if she colabs with sawano)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    whats your opinions of post64 & post 65 songs?

Im not a fan of last stardust and staringchild but otherwise think shes good (especially if she colabs with sawano)
    I think they're gorgeous!! i prefer listening to her live though -- her voice is beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsxUEp2dTPA it's so cute she really suits ballads

ReputationRep:
    Death Note songs!!!! Nightmare 'The World', and Maximum the Hormone 'What's up People!?' and 'Billy in Despair'. Another Japanese artist I really like is Miyavi

ReputationRep:
    I like the cowboy bebop music, very creative, and apparently completely composed by a woman, so unusual in the industry :happy2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Does anyone know Urashiman?

Dated from the 80s, 1983 to be exactly. In a way this opening is addicted.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    something for all you durarara fans out there. btw, the singer is mikado's seiyu (voice over in japanese)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.