Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam" watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Forced? What are you on about? And I didn't mean 'title' as in a literal sence.
    Pointing out an error in labelling doesn't mean you're being forced to do anything ..
    I'm pretty much done here..
    are you done... mentally? Get it xD

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean 'title' as in a literal sence.
    Sense? Perhaps you should have been clearer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor Trajan)
    "This all happened for one reason and no other issues and no other intentions."

Asad Shah disrespected the messenger of Islam the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. Mr Shah claimed to be a Prophet.

"When 1400 years ago the Prophet of Islam Muhammad peace be upon him has clearly said that 'I am the final messenger of Allah there is no more prophets or messengers from God Allah after me."

'I am leaving you the final Quran. There is no changes. It is the final book of Allah and this is the final completion of Islam. There is no more changes to it and no one has the right to claim to be a Prophet or to change the Quran or change Islam.'

"It is mentioned in the Quran that there is no doubt in this book no one has the right to disrespect the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and no one has the right to disrespect the Prophet of Islam Muhammad Peace be upon him."

If I had not done this others (presumably referring to other Muslims) would and there would have been more killing and violence in the world."I wish to make it clear that the incident was nothing at all to do with Christianity or any other religious beliefs even although I am a follower of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him I also love and respect Jesus Christ.
    The irony.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Two R's;63961223]No it doesn't.

Islam' is derived from the root verb istaslama (استسلاما); which means 'to submit' or 'give in' or 'surrender'.

NOT PEACE

Islam is derived from the Arabic root "Salema": peace, purity, submission and obedience. In the religious sense, Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.
    Take it from a muslim Btw I did say submission to God

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student.feed)
    are you done... mentally? Get it xD
    Im gonna have to admit that was quite lame..
    The best I can give you right now is 3/10

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna have to admit that was quite lame..
    The best I can give you right now is 3/10
    I agree. It wasn't the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Your username is very apt

If you penetrate the fog of prejudice that is clearly obscuring your vision and find a way to read the posts, you will find that much of the discussion has been about the faith the victim practised.

Three negatives do not necessarily constitute a triple negative.
    Ugh...No substance other than laced insults.

Xenophobia is what is rife for the most part of the first page and if you think it's not, grab a damn dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    The irony.
    But, to be fair, it was Mohammed he was wishing peace on - nobody else.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=student.feed;63961299]
    (Original post by Two R's)
    No it doesn't.

Islam' is derived from the root verb istaslama (استسلاما); which means 'to submit' or 'give in' or 'surrender'.

NOT PEACE

Islam is derived from the Arabic root "Salema": peace, purity, submission and obedience. In the religious sense, Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.
    Take it from a muslim Btw I did say submission to God

Your words against mine.

You being a muslim has NOTHING to do with the argument.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Two R's;63961417]

Your words against mine.

You being a muslim has NOTHING to do with the argument.
    Really?! Seeming as I follow the religion I would know what I follow... Wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    Xenophobia is what is rife for the most part of the first page and if you think it's not, grab a damn dictionary.
    No. We don't know the origins of the perpetrator, who may be a native Glaswegian for all we know. Foreigners aren't mentioned or alluded to at all. Islam is - a lot. I reckon that makes it Islamophobia rather than xenophobia.

Not at all. Since most of world's religious follow the religion that they follow owing to an accident of birth, there's no reason to presume that being a Muslim gives you any automatic credibility over a non-Muslim opponent when talking about Islam.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=student.feed;63961461]
    (Original post by Two R's)

You just copied and pasted the first line from this website http://www.barghouti.com/islam/meaning.html

ReputationRep:
    Seeming as I follow the religion I would know what I follow... Wow.
    A lot of Moslems think that they know more about Islam than atheists. There was one yesterday who hadn't realised Islam's stance on slavery, for instance. Being one certainly doesn't mean you know more.

ReputationRep:
    "If I had not done this others would and there would have been more killing and violence in the world."

This should really be ringing alarm bells

#iamaprophetofislam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Not at all. Since most of world's religious follow the religion that they follow owing to an accident of birth, there's no reason to presume that being a Muslim gives you any automatic credibility over a non-Muslim opponent when talking about Islam.
    Of course not, what I was took from what he said was my experience of actually following the religion didn't matter. This conversion is however unimportant compared to the death of Asad Shah.

ReputationRep:
    Thought
    if Islam is to blame, would the Muslim shopkeeper have posted "happy Easter?" NO!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how someone can kill their own brother, no matter what religion.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how someone can kill their own brother, no matter what religion.
    He wasn't literally his brother, just another Moslem (and of course he denies the victim is even that).

(Original post by Thisguy11)
    Thought
    if Islam is to blame, would the Muslim shopkeeper have posted "happy Easter?" NO!
    He was an Ahmadiyya Muslim, a much-reviled minority within the Muslim community. What is to blame here is a certain bigotry towards them among the Muslim community or, rather, certain members of that community who seem to have appointed themselves the arbiters of what constitutes 'real' or 'true' Islam. I wouldn't expect a fatuous word like 'Ahmadiphobia' to be invented for this, though. Very consistent indeed. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.